Who Wore Valentino Better? Jessica Alba or Selita Ebanks

Back in July 2010 Jessica Alba wore this stunning red Valentino Fall 2010 ruffled one-shoulder gown to a grand soirée hosted by Valentino himself in Paris. The event celebrated the opening of the Valentino Archives.

Her hair was styled into an updo with a few pieces framing her face.

A few bracelets and a nude clutch completed the look.

Several months later Selita Ebanks wore the same gown to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Hollywood with a sleek updo and complementary jewels.

Jessica wins for me. I love the addition of the nude clutch which complements the soft nude ruffles plus I love her more dramatic train.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jenna Dewan-Tatum's Alice + Olivia Structured Bustier Jumpsuit

Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s Alice + Olivia Structured Bustier Jumpsuit

British Celebrities Love...Miu Miu Ostrich Leather Hobo Bag

British Celebrities Love…Miu Miu Ostrich Leather Hobo Bag

8 Responses to Who Wore Valentino Better? Jessica Alba or Selita Ebanks

1. mon March 24, 2011 at 11:45 #

Natalia Jimenez (singer for ‘La quinta estación) also wore this dress for the Latin Grammy Awards 2010 (u can see it here http://bit.ly/e6DIya) But i love it on Jessica :) Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. noo March 24, 2011 at 12:21 #

in the asian film awards, carina lau wore a dress that looked like a black altered version of this one :D

3. Nia March 24, 2011 at 13:32 #

I think this dress looks lovely on the model, but for some reason I don’t like it on either Jessica or Selita. It just looks too ruffle-y and almost paegantry to me on both of them.

4. OZALES March 24, 2011 at 13:49 #

Selita Ebanks. Only because I think Jessica clutch is a bit much for a dress with all those ruffles. Ebanks let the dress do all the talking.

5. dee March 24, 2011 at 13:56 #

I am not that crazy about the dress but it fits Jessica’s figure better and the clutch pulls this look together for me.

6. Ethne Blist March 24, 2011 at 15:28 #

I don’t like it when you hold the clutch in the hand that you have a bracelet on. Have the bracelet arm on your hip and the bare hand clutching the clutch.

7. Nat39 March 25, 2011 at 05:53 #

Love the gown on Jessica, her accessories. Selita doesn’t have the figure for it.

8. Gaber March 25, 2011 at 16:36 #