Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney – “Mildred Pierce” New York Premiere

We have a double whammy of Fall 2011 debut looks on the red carpet at the “Mildred Pierce” New York Premiere tonight.

Kate Winslet also opted for a recent runway look wearing a Stella McCartney Lucia dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Evan Rachel Wood and Kate are very smart picking long sleeve dresses on a cold New York night. I think we’ll be seeing long sleeves a lot more on the red carpet before summer.

Kate’s black stretch cut out dot dress is absolutely divine. It fits her like a glove showcasing her beautiful womanly figure which those magazines keep airbrushing to death.

Her seductive body-con dress with her sheer polka-dot tulle sleeve was teamed with black and nude strappy heels from the same collection and a gold Calvin Klein tube clutch.

A wavy updo and barely there-make-up completed her stunning look.

I think this is a BDOTW worthy look.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior - 'Big Sur' Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior – ‘Big Sur’ Carmel Art & Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior - 5th Asian Film Awards

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior – 5th Asian Film Awards

62 Responses to Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney – “Mildred Pierce” New York Premiere

1. Terry March 22, 2011 at 00:28 #

Gorgeous dress, but I’m wondering what happened to her face. She is hardly recognizable…

• Amanda March 22, 2011 at 00:43 #

@Terry

It might be because of all the flashes, because well, look:

She appears to be herself without insane flashes.

• Terry March 22, 2011 at 07:20 #

Aw, thanks a lot for posting these. I was sure she had over-used Botox like anybody else in the cinema industry and I was quite disappointed.

I much prefer her without those harsh lights.

• J March 22, 2011 at 10:37 #

Wow, I have to say, I adore how fuzzy and creased she is. Seriously, such a breath of fresh air from all the photoshop and botox. The dress is the coolest thing ever, and I do agree with someone who posted below saying she should have taken the hem up a bit.

• pam March 22, 2011 at 00:51 #

I would not have known who this was without the caption. She is working a very harsh look here, not something she usually does.

• molly March 22, 2011 at 02:01 #

Its the expression

• Kaylie March 22, 2011 at 04:39 #

yeah I’m not loving the hair and makeup.

2. Michelle March 22, 2011 at 00:35 #

Absolutely loving this! Make-up, hair and accessories perfectly compliment her and the dress! If I could change anything – it would be the length of the dress; perhaps shortening it a bit to the knees like the model

3. Ethne Blist March 22, 2011 at 00:43 #

I love Kate WInslet, but I am not blown away. This isn’t BDOTW. This is her big premier. I wanted her to wear something big- something ‘I am the lead.’

4. pam March 22, 2011 at 00:50 #

Not working for me. I don’t really like the length or the way the illusion waves in and out. And I think the creases across the front mean it’s a little too tight. Don’t care much for the two tone shoes either.

5. Eleanor Rigby March 22, 2011 at 00:55 #

I love the dress, but i really don’t like her make up. what a shame, she is so beautiful!

6. Tamia March 22, 2011 at 00:57 #

Kudos to her for trying something different and out of her comfort zone-her face and body both look slaming but the dress doesn’t suite her curvy body type..FC, you know Cate Blanchett would’ve rocked this dress!!!

7. Katey March 22, 2011 at 00:58 #

I think It’s not. Because of the shoes. I hate these shoes on her feet and with the dress.

• Jeb March 22, 2011 at 17:07 #

AGREED! i was scrolling thru the comments and just waiting to see someone to mention how the shoes really let this look down. I like the dress on her though

8. Mikey March 22, 2011 at 00:58 #

As a huge Kate fan, it pains me to disagree with you FC. Something about this look is off to me. The makeup is making her look a bit washed out, the hair looks unpolished and the dress is not very flattering to Kate’s gorgeous figure. I think she could have done 1000x better than this.

• Rebecca March 22, 2011 at 14:03 #

I agree.

9. Idealist March 22, 2011 at 01:10 #

LOVE!!!

10. asherlev1 March 22, 2011 at 01:11 #

She looks ah-mayyy-zing! I have nothing bad to say. BDOTW so far for me.

11. Jones19 March 22, 2011 at 01:12 #

Her makeup looks terrible, she looks super tired and washed out. Eek. Anyway I do like the dress on her but I’m having a hard time seeing anything but that horrible makeup job.

12. molly March 22, 2011 at 02:01 #

Im love it. Shes the only women in Hollywood who can always wear black but still make it fresh. The makeup and hair are also perfect. BDOTW for sure.

13. Ariel March 22, 2011 at 02:03 #

Great dress! Love how she kept everything simple. Her makeup looks very good!

14. jui ho March 22, 2011 at 02:23 #

Look like someone had paid a visit to the dermatologist!

15. Nat39 March 22, 2011 at 02:38 #

What an UGLY dress!!! She looks like a polka dot whale! Absolutely nothing flattering for her womanly figure (actually not far away from Eva Mendez’s most recent disastrous black dress look) Not to mention the horrible make-up that completely washes her out.
    I love Kate but this is just awful.
    It is a fashion faux pas, never mind bdotw.

• Nat39 March 22, 2011 at 14:58 #

correction ‘Eva Green’

16. Victor March 22, 2011 at 02:52 #

Absolutely YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE the dress! xoxo

17. Lee March 22, 2011 at 02:57 #

I love that her figure is recognizable, I hated that recent magazine cover she did, she was photoshopped to the age of 24 with most of her curves shaved off. I would like more lively makeup, with more color, her face looks kind of harsh. I’d like to see more photos of her, hopefully they will show up tomorrow, sometimes the lighting is improved.

18. Marlie March 22, 2011 at 03:37 #

I think she looks fantastic. To me this is BDOTW.

19. mari March 22, 2011 at 03:48 #

i don’t know but she looks too severe, the make up and the pose. I hope she was smiling in other pictures, because the non-smile throws me off. Love the idea of he cut-out, but somehow I do not like the dots on her as much.

20. libbyloo March 22, 2011 at 04:22 #

I’m….really not feeling this on Kate, shockingly. I really like the dress but, I don’t know. Something isn’t working for me, here.

21. mol March 22, 2011 at 04:36 #

I love this and would be happy to see it on the BDOTW list, only the shoes make me unhappy, for some reason open toe shoes aren’t working for me here…..but everything else, yes.

22. JacobGH March 22, 2011 at 04:50 #

STUNNING! BDOTW for sure.

23. Glamourgirl March 22, 2011 at 04:56 #

Terrible!

24. PamG March 22, 2011 at 05:09 #

I agree with those who didn’t like the make-up and think the dress should be shortened to the knee. THe dress is gorgeous, and her open-toed version of the shoes look awesome.

25. Another Angle March 22, 2011 at 06:09 #

This is so incredible i nearly fell off my chair. Thanks for posting this you have an amazing eye for jaw-dropping looks!!

26. Saara March 22, 2011 at 06:41 #

I think Kate has looked so much better. This dress isn’t doing her any favours and I think it’s just boring. Evan Rachel Wood outstood her at this event.

27. Ines March 22, 2011 at 07:23 #

I really don’t like the shoes..they kill the whole look in my opinion and wish she could do something else with her hair..

28. Pati March 22, 2011 at 07:30 #

This woman could not be more gorgeous even if she tried! She looks stunning! Love everything about this look!

29. Gaber March 22, 2011 at 07:45 #

This really doesn’t flatter her figure.
    Not a fan.

• dee March 22, 2011 at 15:58 #

I agree this dress isn’t working on her. I don’t like her hair or makeup. What a disappointment.

30. Emi March 22, 2011 at 07:59 #

This dress is absolutely beautiful but it fits her like a tight glove… I don’t know, there’s something I don’t like about this dress on her. I also don’t like the shoes. I don’t know why photographers take pictures in this very unflattering way, everyone’s legs seem so short. This collection by Stella is, as usual, so feminine and beautiful.

31. nicky March 22, 2011 at 08:10 #

she looks completely different…good for her for trying something different but i don’t really love it. the make-up is really strange…she looks different and not in a good way.

32. Fiona March 22, 2011 at 08:19 #

I’m afraid I don’t like the neckline or the hemline, nor the cutouts, and she has way too much makeup on which makes her look harsh – in the additional pics linked by Amanda her skin looks bad, ironic as she trades on her flawless skin. The whole look is a miss for me – sorry Kate, I normally love you!

33. Joy March 22, 2011 at 08:25 #

I’m so happy to see Kate on the red carpet again after what feels like a long time. I think she looks smashing, except the shoes. I don’t think they flatter her curvy shape. I love the dress! For me it is different and very striking, even if it is a harsher style then she normally wears. I so agree, that she looks nothing like the magazine covers we’ve recently seen. I thought maybe she had become a waif. They photochop these skin and bones pictures and then talk about in the article, how she is comfortable with her body. It would be nice if it actually looked like the body she is supposed to be comfortable with. Hope to see more of Kate!

34. ayishaa March 22, 2011 at 09:27 #

Way to go Kate. This is a stunning dress

35. Lalitha March 22, 2011 at 10:28 #

SEXY; I love the dress and she looks totally fab!

36. Jen March 22, 2011 at 10:48 #

I love her and think she’s amazing, but don’t like this. It’s just not very flattering. The cut out looks like polka dot pantyhose.

37. Mar March 22, 2011 at 11:20 #

She looks fantastic! Although anyone can beat Queen Natasha (she looks gorgeous, doesn’t she?) Kate pulls it off perfectly. It’sa great look and surely a BDOTW contender.

38. Clau March 22, 2011 at 12:04 #

definetly a BDOTW contender

39. Garmai March 22, 2011 at 12:21 #

this was one of the last three dresses that came down the runway at Stella’s shows & I knew then that they’d soon be on the red carpet; wasn’t expecting Kate but I think she looks amazing! Perhaps a closed toe shoe option would have been better but all together this is one of her better looks!

40. rebecca o March 22, 2011 at 13:45 #

The dress is far too tight and her makeup ages her about 20 years.

41. Laura March 22, 2011 at 14:20 #

Sorry not feeling this look at all. The fit doesn’t seem right, and the styling is off as well. She’s unrecognizable in a bad way. I prefer Kate in more classic looks over this.

42. WendyB March 22, 2011 at 14:41 #

This looks way too tight on her…very unflattering.

43. ShoeGal March 22, 2011 at 15:56 #

I love Kate but this dress did her body no favors. It makes her look about 10 pounds heavier than what she is. She looks a bit like a polka dot sausage. The runway version is fine but as a whole I do not love this dress.

44. Adler March 22, 2011 at 17:25 #

I like her look. The dress is beautiful and looks great on her, so i think she may be up for BDOTW

45. mochababe73 March 22, 2011 at 19:14 #

I love the dress. But, I think that with her body, she could have taken it above the knee. And added a red lip.

46. Emma March 22, 2011 at 20:32 #

A close-up of her make up here: http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/news/oops-kate-winslets-face-over-powdered-at-premiere-2011223

It looks so horrible..

47. D March 22, 2011 at 22:33 #

bdotw

48. Cristina March 22, 2011 at 23:36 #

Not loving the dress. And “barely-there makeup”?
    I think we can see from the pictures Amanda posted that Kate’s got some pretty serious pancake on.

Very disappointing look on many levels.

49. KateS March 23, 2011 at 00:20 #

I love the idea of the dress, and I love me some Kate Winslet, but this just doesn’t work. I agree with everyone who’s suggested hemming to knee-length, and I hate the shoes with it – they’re not flattering to her feet and do nothing much for the dress. The make-up is a disaster. The whole looks is a ‘could have been’ for me.

50. Alina March 23, 2011 at 07:52 #

LOVE IT!

51. jessica March 23, 2011 at 21:21 #

I hated this dress in her. The lenght it’s not correct, and those shoes… Just a mistake!

52. jx March 24, 2011 at 18:27 #

Kate’s outfits have never made me go “WOW!” until now.