22.03.11

Carrie Underwood performed John Lennon’s “Instant Karma” at the Points of Light Tribute, honoring George H. W. Bush last night at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC.

The Country singer hit the red carpet before her performance glowing in a Herve Leger by Max Azria gown.

Every time I think of a bandage gown my mind wonders to Kate Mara’s SAG Awards gown, but Carrie shows us how a bandage gown can work on the red carpet.

Her blush gown was lightly embellished around the neckline to add a touch of sparkle plus it has a floaty chiffon skirt.

Carrie opted for a shimmering blush lip colour to match her dress.

For me the only thing disappointing about her look was her clutch.

A smaller gold sparkling clutch would’ve been preferred as it would have perfectly complemented her jewels and the embellished neckline of her gown.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior - 5th Asian Film Awards

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior – 5th Asian Film Awards

Jessica Alba's Obsession...Dolce & Gabbana 'Miss Rose' Lace Satchel

Jessica Alba’s Obsession…Dolce & Gabbana ‘Miss Rose’ Lace Satchel

23 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Herve Leger by Max Azria – Points of Light Institute Tribute

1. Thomas Monks March 22, 2011 at 15:02 #

i believe this is the FIRST time a Leger gown has worked on the red carpet EVER Kudos to Carrie for being brave and making it werk

• molly March 22, 2011 at 20:56 #

No, Emily Blunt at the 2007 Golden Globes :D

• Thomas Monks March 23, 2011 at 00:00 #

yea i wasnt a fan of that look so for me this is the first time one has worked

2. Ethne Blist March 22, 2011 at 15:05 #

I can say nothing positive about this look nor the ex-president she supports. This look is boring and washes her out very well.

• dee March 22, 2011 at 15:54 #

I agree the color washes her out and I don’t think the neckline is particularly flattering on her either.

• Chris March 22, 2011 at 19:14 #

Carrie Underwood has NEVER publicly endorsed ANY person in the political realm. She is there for something else. I suggest you study before you make an accusation.

• Kelly March 22, 2011 at 21:04 #

a) She looks stunning.
      b) She’s never publicly endorsed a political figure before. She was simply there to perform and pay tribute to four presidents. Do your research.

3. Victoria March 22, 2011 at 15:24 #

I love this look on Carrie, I think it looks perfect! :)

4. Daphne March 22, 2011 at 15:45 #

@Ethne Blist This was a non-partisan event with 4 former presidents (Carter, the 2 Bushes, and Clinton) in attendance. President Clinton was honorary cochair of the event and President Obama was there for a video tribute since he was out of the country. The event was meant to salute volunteerism.

5. Nat39 March 22, 2011 at 16:15 #

She looks really beautiful. Love her hair, makeup, and the floaty chiffon skirt esp., and her choice of earings. Agree about the clutch.
    Really like this look on her, it works, a bdotw contender for me.

• Sher March 23, 2011 at 07:53 #

agreed

6. Laura March 22, 2011 at 17:31 #

Beautiful and not the typical princess ballgown Carrie usually goes for. This nude color is gorgeous on her. And I agree, bandage gown done right.

7. Ella March 22, 2011 at 18:05 #

I think Carrie looks fabulous! Granted, she does seem to wear the same color palate, but she knows what works for her. She pulls this dress off well!

8. mochababe73 March 22, 2011 at 19:08 #

I like the dress. I would have never guessed that this was a Herve Leger.

9. Gran March 22, 2011 at 19:57 #

I thought Carrie looked beautiful, as usual. She knows what works and what doesn’t. She is usually spot on with her fashion picks.

10. molly March 22, 2011 at 20:58 #

Its pretty, but that neckline does noting for her. The bandage design around the chest makes her boobs look off center…I would have preffered smaller straps.

11. E March 22, 2011 at 21:25 #

I think the dress was meant to be worn somewhat off the shoulder. (The top of the neckline looks almost scrunched). The way it’s worn now makes her boobs look flat.

12. pam March 22, 2011 at 21:55 #

I would have preferred a little more color. “Points of Light” was a program started by Bush number one to honor the volunteer efforts of everyday citizens. Every president since has continued this program and supported its mission of encouraging volunteerism and recognizing those who give their time to those in need.

13. Ariel March 22, 2011 at 22:20 #

Another beautiful look from Carrie! She always looks her best!

14. Alleycat March 23, 2011 at 00:41 #

Carrie looks beautiful! Love the dress and the neckline is very pretty IMO. the color is soft and feminine and lovely. Some of you haters better remember that President Clinton was there too, so you have no idea WHO Carrie was supporting. I think it is wrong to trash people either way due to political views. Whatever happened to tolerance, haters? Oh, that’s right. It only applies to your causes. (sigh)

15. Emi March 23, 2011 at 08:05 #

I don’t like it, too single-color… hair, make-up, dress, clutch.

16. CreoleLady March 23, 2011 at 09:01 #

I wonder if bright camera flashes sometimes affect the color (wash it out a bit) esp when the color is a delicate blush tone like this. I think the color is lovely on her. Love the non-princessy look on Carrie and the side swept hair.

17. rachelt June 1, 2011 at 19:34 #

Okay… so how do i get this dress! Would love to make it my wedding gown!