Zara Phillips In Burberry Prorsum – Cheltenham Festival

With everyone’s attention on Kate Middleton, Zara Phillips appears to be taking more interest in her style choices.

The newly-engaged royal attended the Cheltenham Festival last week sporting a Burberry Prorsum leather trimmed twill trench coat from the Spring 2011 collection.

Her beige military inspired trench coat was styled with a black beret and black Burberry ankle boots.

Zara would’ve got the thumbs up from me had it not been for the beret. Unfortunately it makes her look a bit costumey when everything else was so right.

The Burberry Prorsum Spring 2011 collection is currently one of the most worn collections of the year so far.

Celebrities just can’t get enough whether it’s egdey biker jacket or classic trench coats.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

Emma Roberts In Burberry Prorsum - "Scream 4" LA Premiere

Emma Roberts In Burberry Prorsum – “Scream 4″ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Zara Phillips In Burberry Prorsum – Cheltenham Festival

1. Jones19 March 21, 2011 at 13:16 #

Eww there is no excuse for that beret.

2. Ethne Blist March 21, 2011 at 14:33 #

The beret hides her face. Kate Middleton’s style is SO overrated. It is like she doesn’t care. She dresses like a 50 year old woman. Zara has more fun.

• molly March 21, 2011 at 20:53 #

Yea, im not a fan of Kate Middletons style. She has good taste, but that doesnt make you a fashion icon. Im not always a big fan of Zara Philips, but at least she keeps it interesting. Im actually excited to see her wedding dress.

3. Nat39 March 21, 2011 at 14:43 #

The beret with the military inspired coat makes it look like she is wearing a military uniform. A black beret cadet Zara.

4. eimear March 21, 2011 at 16:03 #

This is such a disgusting jacket.

5. eimear March 21, 2011 at 16:04 #

Hahahh she looks like Colonel Gaddafi with that beret and beige jacket! Hilarious!!!

6. Lily March 21, 2011 at 20:19 #

Zara always looks like she’s wearing a costume. She’s tries too hard to be trendy.

That said, I prefer the Burberry coat Kate wore recently. I wanted it in grey, but it was sold out.

7. pam March 22, 2011 at 01:36 #

Not a fan of the coat. It seems that most of those Burberry Prorsum coats look best on teeny tiny little people. All that detail makes your average skinny girl look chunky. No hope for me! As for Kate, whatever she wears is probably chosen not to offend anyone, so I don’t think she will be taking too many fashion risks.

8. mochababe73 March 23, 2011 at 13:19 #

I love the way that she is wearing her jacket with the tights and shoes.
    What I don’t like is the beret or the sunglasses.
    I think that Kate is dull, unexciting, and boring. I don’t like the comparisons to Princess Diana because she actually took some fashion risks.