Who Wore Balmain Better? Kate Beckinsale or Celine Dion

During the 2010 Cannes Film Festival British actress Kate Beckinsale was one of the judges.

Despite many of you questioning her credentials, I was purely happy to see Kate in at least 2 frocks everyday for 2 weeks.

One of those frocks from the Balmain Spring 2011 collection.

At the “Biutiful” Premiere Kate wore this stunning black sequin Balmain gown with a thigh-high split.

A black gold studded belt completed her look.

Celine Dion wore the same dress when she performed at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas this week.

She only added Giuseppe Zanotti heels and voluminous hair to her look.

Kate wins for me despite the pumps, because I much prefer this look with a waist-defining belt.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Victoria Beckham or Nicky Hilton

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Victoria Beckham or Nicky Hilton

11 Responses to Who Wore Balmain Better? Kate Beckinsale or Celine Dion

1. Rebecca March 18, 2011 at 10:08 #

I love Kate and Celine but I don’t like this dress on neither one of them. I have to say that the runway model wore it best :-)

2. Vidhya March 18, 2011 at 10:08 #

Yeah.. the belt was necessary… I wonder why no one wore it with a deeeep neck like the model.. its so beautiful..

3. Pati March 18, 2011 at 12:10 #

I agree about the waist defined silhouette, but I just can´t get over Kate´s boring pumps with such a stunning dress. AND it is hands down to Celine simply for the attitude. She certainly has (well-deserved) self-confidence to rock this kind of glamorous look.

• Ethne Blist March 18, 2011 at 16:52 #

I agree. Celine is a diva. This is a diva dress.

• Nat39 March 18, 2011 at 17:06 #

Voted for Kate because of the waist defined silhouette but then looked at Celine again – oh man, she rocks this look! She doesn’t need a belt she’s got the attitude!
      Would like to transfer my vote to Celine.

4. Jones19 March 18, 2011 at 13:18 #

I gotta go with Celine here, I think Kate’s waistband is too flashy for this dress, it takes attention away from it. Plus Celine’s shoes are way better.

5. Giuseppi March 18, 2011 at 15:20 #

I liked celine’s shoes better- they gave it so much more attitude, but the belt really brought the look up for me. I vote kate

6. mandy March 19, 2011 at 01:52 #

IMO, Celine wore it better. The dress is so blingy by itself so that studded belt was irrelevant. Plus Celine’s waist was already nicely nipped it. Kate’s hair is super horrible n her shoes are real no brainers.

7. Shaina March 19, 2011 at 01:56 #

I like Celine’s shoe choice much better, but I like Kate’s belt and hair better so she got my vote.

8. Emi March 19, 2011 at 08:40 #

I agree with you, FC. Kate wins for me, too, despite those terrible shoes. With Celine’s Zanotti shoes Kate would have been perfect.

9. CreoleLady March 19, 2011 at 20:59 #

No way I could ever vote for a belt and those hooves when Celine is bringing the divaliciousness from hair to the drool worthy shoes. Celine’s so nice I had to vote for her twice.