Eva Green In Tom Ford – “Cracks” New York Screening

Does anyone remember when Eva Green use to be the one to watch on the red carpet?

Back in 2007 she was my Fan Bing Bing. Eva would wear stunning Dior gowns which no one was brave enough to wear on the red carpet. Now it’s just one black dress after another black dress.

The French actress arrived at the Cinema Society screening of ‘Cracks’ at The Tribeca Grand Hotel in New York City last night wearing a Tom Ford Spring 2011 dress.

Her backless long sleeve dress was paired with the same heels the model wore on the runway, but Eva’s are accented with feathered details.

This isn’t a great dress for the likes of Eva.

If you want to see Eva in her former glory, check out the pictures below.

“Memories….Light the corners of my mind.”

Credit: Style.com & INFevents

Ruth Wilson In Erdem - 2014 Met Gala

Ruth Wilson In Erdem – 2014 Met Gala

Halle Berry In Rachel Roy - Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night XVII

Halle Berry In Rachel Roy – Muhammad Ali’s Celebrity Fight Night XVII

26 Responses to Eva Green In Tom Ford – “Cracks” New York Screening

1. Kaylie March 17, 2011 at 17:33 #

Former glory indeed. But as for “this isn’t a great dress for the likes of Eva” … I don’t think it’s a great dress for the likes of anyone. lol.

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2011 at 17:38 #

lol..true, but the model does work it.

• Emi March 17, 2011 at 20:49 #

Lol… FC is right, Carolyn Murphy is beautiful with this dress, anyway. I think that it fits very bad on the chest/shoulders. But Eva is such a gorgeous girl.

2. Alexandra March 17, 2011 at 17:41 #

this may actually be the most boring dress i’ve seen in my life.

3. A March 17, 2011 at 17:48 #

Wow, that first Dior dress is unbelievable. What year was that? I’m guessing it was inspired by Memoirs of a Geisha? Thanks for posting this, I’m in love!

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2011 at 18:17 #

Both from Spring 2007 Couture

• B March 17, 2011 at 19:09 #

I remember seeing this, here, at the time, and being stunned, particularly by the first dress, and her fearless pose. The pose remains, but where are the dresses?? This one is absolutely the wrong length. And wierdly fitted..

• A March 17, 2011 at 21:07 #

Thanks so much, it’s a stunning collection!

4. Ethne Blist March 17, 2011 at 17:53 #

Eva! What has tamed her? Not getting high-profile bookings? Ouch (sorry). Our fashionable dare devil needs to pick a Tom Ford that is in the likes of our other favorite fashionable dare devil, Milla Jovovich. Eva is working the hell out of this snoozeville tar sponge.

5. asherlev1 March 17, 2011 at 17:54 #

I agree, it looks much better on the model. I don’t know what it is about the fit/length/draping, but it makes Eva look oddly proportioned.

6. Elena March 17, 2011 at 17:59 #

I’m still obsessed w/the white/red/olive green Dior couture dress. AMAZING.

7. Hannah March 17, 2011 at 18:00 #

This dress is so unflattering. I used to try to keep hope for the collection for the red carpet, but this is just awful. Every dress that i can remember from teh collection is high necked, long sleeved and balck or dark in colour. And realy unflattering. If i had one positive it would be that the heels were interesting, so she isn’t nicole kidman during her bleak period just yet. Ish.

8. Nia March 17, 2011 at 18:08 #

Wow, that Asian-influenced dress in the second pic. I want to be buried in that dress!

9. Iris March 17, 2011 at 18:09 #

wow! that red and cream gown is fabulosity itself! such a pity she’s lost that edge…

10. dee March 17, 2011 at 18:09 #

Some color would be nice but at least she wore some interesting shoes.

11. Moxie March 17, 2011 at 20:15 #

Has she been watching too many vampire movies?

• Rebecca March 18, 2011 at 03:49 #

My thought exactly–I wondered if we should be calling her Draculette!

12. Jones19 March 17, 2011 at 20:35 #

Wow she really has gone from fab to drab. How does this happen? Sad.

13. Astrelle March 17, 2011 at 21:53 #

Even though this is not the best dress Eva/her styist could have picked, I believe there is a tendency for her to wear outfits which somehow compliment the mood/theme of the movie she promotes

14. Marvel March 17, 2011 at 22:04 #

I suppose she’s going down the route of being a ‘serious’ actress hence her stylist and PR telling her to tone down her look. Its happened to Scar-Jo, Jessica Biel etc… Im sure it’ll happen to many other actresses.

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2011 at 22:55 #

say it ain’t so

15. Georgia March 17, 2011 at 23:51 #

Alas, also a sad reminder of Galliano’s now-squandered talent.

16. Regina March 18, 2011 at 00:00 #

I think she’s always been extremely overrated!

17. Andrew March 18, 2011 at 06:30 #

Actors rarely get to pick just *anything* to wear from the red carpet.

I don’t know if Eva works with a stylist, but she’s likely getting these dresses offered to her by the designer or the designer’s PR team directly. There are a lot of politics involved, and it would be inappropriate for Eva (as well as any celeb) to strut down the RC wearing a Galliano Dior.

All of that aside, I don’t think this dress is that bad. A little awkward fitting around the bust, but it seems appropriate for both the event and the film. And the shoes are pretty fab.

She obviously has a budding relationship with Tom Ford, who she wore to the BAFTAs. Here’s hoping she gets a sick Vivienne Westwood dress for the premiere of Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows!

18. nicky March 18, 2011 at 08:17 #

Totally agree about the fact that she had better fashion moments in the past. It’s all boring now…disappointing really.

19. mochababe73 March 18, 2011 at 14:41 #

Maybe a flashy belt would have saved the dress. For me, something is missing.
    Compared to what she used to wear, this is definitely a snooze.