17.03.11 Sidewalk Style

Double Denim Sidewalk Style: Ashley Greene In Kate Spade Jeans

Ashley Greene grabbed some groceries from Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks, California this week.

The now single “Twilight” actress embraces the double denim trend we recently saw on Charlize Theron.

Her double denim ensemble included a light denim shirt and a pair of dark denim Kate Spade ‘Broome Street’ skinny jeans.

As Marvel said in the previous post, the key to pulling off double denim is to wear different colour washes.

The celebrity trend is to go light on top and dark on the bottom.

A Chloé Heloise bag and Gucci sunglasses completed her look.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Kristen Bell In SEA NY "A Night at Sardi's" Fundraiser & Awards Dinner

Kristen Bell In SEA NY “A Night at Sardi’s” Fundraiser & Awards Dinner

In Malin Akerman's Closet - Rag & Bone Hadleigh Dress

In Malin Akerman’s Closet – Rag & Bone Hadleigh Dress

17 Responses to Double Denim Sidewalk Style: Ashley Greene In Kate Spade Jeans

1. Ethne Blist March 17, 2011 at 21:24 #

I love this look far more than Charlize’s. This is a put-together California chic look. Did she just come back from the salon because her hair is A-List perfect.

2. Jarrold March 17, 2011 at 21:24 #

She looks really good here. I love Ashley

3. GirlOne March 17, 2011 at 21:37 #

Like.

4. Marvel March 17, 2011 at 22:02 #

Prefer Charlize’s look but this is a good look too.
    Love the shout-out FC :)

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2011 at 22:56 #

;)

5. mol March 17, 2011 at 22:53 #

If done right, as Ashley has here, i really like this trend!

6. Luis Santos March 18, 2011 at 02:18 #

Too much street style for my taste. This is red carpet fashionwards. i prefer the red carpets gowns…

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2011 at 09:09 #

I think you are being a bit rude and unappreciative.

In case you hadn’t noticed there hasn’t been many red carpet events since awards season and fashion week.

Rather than only post 2 posts a day on red carpet looks I am sourcing street style looks to ensure my readers have plenty of things to keep them entertained.

This is a fashion blog after all. I would understand your point if I was talking about horses to fill the gaps but I’m not.

I cant make red carpet events happen, I can only write about them if and when they happen.

• Mary March 18, 2011 at 09:35 #

Hahaha, I was just about to post that I’m extremely happy that you’ve started posting more celebrity street fashion. There are plenty celebs that bring the Red Carpet onto their everyday lifes, so it’s nice too see their choices here (let’s not forget that these are actually outfits the put together by themselves – most of the times anyway…)

As for the trend jeans on jeans, although Ashley seems really pretty here, I won’t really support it. One piece of denim at a time is enough for me…

• Luis March 18, 2011 at 13:22 #

Sorry if i was rude, but my idea it’s that you should post looks thant inspire us. You posted streetsly like Anna Dello Russo, who are bold people with bold clothes. I prefer people who can take a risk over some reality tv star who uses an expensive boots or shirt… Just my opinion. I love your blog, but last days i don’t feel the vibe.

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2011 at 13:29 #

I will continue to post on what I feel my readers will like and what is relevant to my website which is celebrity fashion.

• Tahj March 18, 2011 at 17:23 #

Fashion critics, keep on posting street style. I love great candid style. Celebrities like Kate Moss and Charlize Theron give us some of their best fashion in their candids of just walking down the street!

7. PamG March 18, 2011 at 05:06 #

She looks casual but put together. I guess we’ll be seeing more of this trend as spring/summer approaches, and I like it.

8. Jones19 March 18, 2011 at 13:22 #

She looks fantastic here, this trend is growing on me. I love your street style posts FC.

9. mochababe73 March 18, 2011 at 14:26 #

I actually like this look better than Charlize’s. I think that the accessories-sunglasses and bag-are what’s drawing my attention.

10. Tahj March 18, 2011 at 17:22 #

Charlize looked cooler and more chic with this look.

11. Julie March 20, 2011 at 19:18 #

I love Ashley & her style. She looks really good here and I also like seeing some more of the casual looks.