Last night many fashion folk gathered for the announcement of the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards which was held at Diane von Furstenberg’s studio in New York City.

The Olsen Twins were nominated in the ‘New Talent Award’ categories alongside celebrity favourite Prabal Gurung and Joseph Altuzarra.

As you know I don’t get the Olsen twins and I’m not ashamed to admit that, but on this occasion I love what they are both wearing (very rare).

Ashley looked stunning wearing an off-pink The Row Pre-Fall 2011 suit with gold Manolo Blahnik pumps.

Mary-Kate who usually looks like a bag lady, opted for a black suit and black blouse.

She accessorized with a Prada ‘Rosa Pitone’ and Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 heels.

They look equally good so I can’t pick a favourite. Can you?

Credit: Style.com & PMc

In Stella McCartney's Closet - Stella McCartney Basket Weave Shoulder Bag

In Stella McCartney’s Closet – Stella McCartney Basket Weave Shoulder Bag

Sidewalk Style: Khloe Kardashian In Burberry Prorsum & J Brand

Sidewalk Style: Khloe Kardashian In Burberry Prorsum & J Brand

24 Responses to Ashley Olsen & Mary-Kate Olsen In The Row – CFDA Fashion Award Honorees Announcement

1. Terry March 17, 2011 at 15:53 #

Ashley is lovely. I quite like MK’s outfit, too, but her scary hairstyle has let me down.

Oh, I think MK also wore a Balenciaga belt.

2. AmyY March 17, 2011 at 15:57 #

My pick is Mary-Kate – bringing it back in black! Although I love to see a bit of colour she does look very polished in her black ensemble. Love the shoes on Ashley though, need & want those in my life!

3. Ally March 17, 2011 at 16:35 #

They look so lovely and normal here! Like you said, they look equally good.

4. docnirz March 17, 2011 at 16:37 #

chic!!!both of them

5. Adler March 17, 2011 at 16:40 #

I love both looks, but I prefer Ashley’s look, she looks really elegant, and the color looks stunning on her!!

6. maria March 17, 2011 at 16:48 #

i like Ashley. Love her sleek hairstyle

7. Christina March 17, 2011 at 17:18 #

I prefer Ashley. I always do. She looks clean, put together and even classy on occasions.
    Mary-Kate always look.. ‘dirty’ (hair and make-up wise), and never in a good sort of way. Overrated- her and her ‘style’.
    However, don’t get me wrong, her outfit is good for a change, but I can’t get past the neck and up. Personal opinion, though, so each to their own.

8. ShoeGal March 17, 2011 at 17:26 #

Ashley always wins as the more stylish,polished sister so no surprise she wins for me. I love this pale pink suit and the gold shoes are the perfect mix to add a little sass to the look. Mary Kate cleaned up her act for this event (as she should have) so I can’t complain about her.

9. Leslie March 17, 2011 at 17:34 #

They look great !
    I’m really surprised because I saw this awful picture of Ashley no later than yersteday http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/03/olsen-redpurse/ashley-olsen-red-purse-shawl-01.jpg

This is quite a turnaround !

10. Ethne Blist March 17, 2011 at 18:00 #

I agree FC. I don’t get the Olsen twins either, but Ashley’s style is a bit more legible. I LOVE her look. The suit is strawberry cream tasty and her Manolos are perfect with the creamy fabulousness. Ashley for BDOTW.

11. Ingrid March 17, 2011 at 18:27 #

mary kate is my favorite here – i love this look!

12. sabrina March 17, 2011 at 18:44 #

Love Ashley’s outfit more.

13. SarahV March 17, 2011 at 20:15 #

I like Mary Kate’s better… I love her accessories, and I’m generally more of a black girl!

14. Hannah March 17, 2011 at 20:27 #

I love ashley’s look, to me it is mroe of a departure from their grungey look, usually sported by mary-kate, than mary-kate’s is here. To be fair AShely dresses a lto better imo than her sister. I lov how the suit is almost fluid and draped but still cool and chic. I adore the boldness fo teh yellow shoes and how they lend into this non-sickly pastel colour theme she is goign for. I also really love how chic and grown up she looks, I just find her look mroe smart in a good way than Mary-kates, it is really refreshing.

15. Jones19 March 17, 2011 at 20:38 #

Whoa they’re actually wearing clothes that fit! Am I in the Twilight Zone?

16. Vicky March 17, 2011 at 21:19 #

I feel like people always use to talk about how the Olsen twins were too skinny. Then they started wearing super baggy clothes and now everyone talks about that instead. They clearly wear the ill fitting clothes for a reason. However, I’m shocked by those suits. I think they look nice enough.

17. mol March 17, 2011 at 22:50 #

I like em both alot – but Ashley for the win as i love this pale pink on her and the yellow/gold shoes as a compliment, it’s subtle but also very well done.

• PamG March 18, 2011 at 04:23 #

I agree!

18. Sharon March 18, 2011 at 00:32 #

This is the first time I’ve seen them cleaned up and without glasses in a very long time. Ashley wins in this photo because Mary kate looks sickly and like a deer in the headlights. I almost wish she’d put her glasses back on. Here’s hoping this is the end of their bag-lady phase. They could be very interesting.

19. Jen March 18, 2011 at 02:55 #

I really like that pinkish suit, but the jacket at least is too big for her, esp. the sleeve length.

20. roxana March 18, 2011 at 07:18 #

i like ashley more!

21. Emi March 18, 2011 at 07:35 #

Maybe I prefer Mary-Kate. Where’s the world going? Nominated together with Prabal and Altuzarra? The two designers design their collections, Olsen twins… do you believe that they design themselves their line? I don’t. Anyway, at least here they wore their size and not baggy clothes. But they should change their way of posing, really!

22. mochababe73 March 18, 2011 at 14:53 #

I don’t care the Olsen twins style either. It must take great effort to look as though you don’t make an effort.
    Anyway, they clean up nicely. I like Ashley’s look better because I’m a sucker for almost anything pink. I also like that she wore the gold shoes.

23. caroline March 21, 2011 at 09:31 #

it astonishes me that so little people like their style. i personally love the whole bag lady homeless baggy look. but i think my style maybe isn’t for the norm.
    at times i prefer ashley but mostly i prefer mary-kate.
    what i really like about their style is how different, original, clean and humor can be mixed together.
    i’m glad that they are doing more of the designing than movies. – it’s simply put, a better fit.