Who Wore Balmain Better? Halle Berry or Anna Dello Russo

Halle Berry was the first to wear this Balmain jacquard suit from the Fall 2010 collection.

The Oscar winning actress wore this masculine look with a feminine twist to the “Frankie and Alice” LA Premiere.

Anna Dello Russo wore the same look during Paris Fashion Week as she made her way to the Balmain Fall 2011 presentation.

Halle added black heels and a black sheer top to her look, whereas Anna added a white shirt, Victoria Beckham sunglasses, gold peep-toes and a Miu Miu clutch.

Anna wins as I love how she styled this look. I wouldn’t have paired this look with a white shirt, but I love how much better it looks than the runway look.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & waynetippets

In Dakota Fanning's Closet - Vince Cable Sweater

In Dakota Fanning’s Closet – Vince Cable Sweater

Fan Bing Bing & Daisy Lowe In Elie Saab - Elie Saab's Private Dinner Party

Fan Bing Bing & Daisy Lowe In Elie Saab – Elie Saab’s Private Dinner Party

23 Responses to Who Wore Balmain Better? Halle Berry or Anna Dello Russo

1. nahla March 16, 2011 at 09:34 #

I love Hally she always looks great

• justme March 16, 2011 at 14:41 #

LOL @ your username being Nahla.

• nahla March 16, 2011 at 15:05 #

That is my real Name (nahla)..

• justme March 16, 2011 at 15:49 #

Aww I thought you were making a joke since this is a Halle post and her daughter is called Nahla. Cute name btw ;)

• nahla March 16, 2011 at 15:59 #

2. Clau March 16, 2011 at 11:21 #

same opinion here. Anna rocked this outfit.

3. Lee Ann March 16, 2011 at 11:43 #

Does Anna have a neck? Her head seems to rest directly on her shoulders. Because of that I will always vote for the competition-poor posture ruins clothing.

• justme March 16, 2011 at 12:58 #

Lol my thoughts exactly. That and the fact that that the suit print is busy enough it doesn’t need gold earrings, tacky.

• ahot March 16, 2011 at 13:51 #

same here. The white shirt is nice though. Shame she looks like a trendy gold christmas tree. Less is sometimes more

• KateS March 17, 2011 at 04:00 #

Yes! She always looks like a gaudy version of the hunchback of Notre Dam to me.
      Not that I’m going to vote for anyone in this suit – I really think it’s a monstrosity.

4. ber March 16, 2011 at 13:04 #

Anna’s look is too overstyled for me. With the gold sunglasses, earrings, bag AND shoes? OTT.

• fashionbegginer March 16, 2011 at 15:22 #

She always looks over-styled and OTT. I don’t get why she’s such a big fashion icon. her posture and horse-face ruin her every look , at least in my eyes.
      I also think that she desperately wants to appear younger since she’s about 50, but it just doesn’t work!
      I would give this to Halle anytiime, even though she didn’t look as good as she can.

• Georgia March 16, 2011 at 18:28 #

I agree! Yes, she wears fashion, but she has absolutely no style. She comes across as desperate for attention, which makes everything about her rather sad and ugly.

So Halle wins, though it’s an awful suit.

• Emi March 17, 2011 at 08:26 #

I agree with you about Anna Dello Russo, but I don’t know her carreer so well so I don’t judge. Also, sometimes she seems proud to wear lots of furs. It’s strange that very important people of the fashion business dress so bad and without taste, only to catch attention. I must say that this suit seems made with a carpet.

5. robbie March 16, 2011 at 13:16 #

halle for me. anna just looks a mess all the time!

6. Jones19 March 16, 2011 at 13:59 #

I prefer a black shirt with this and the jacket is too closed up on Anna. Halle wins.

7. Shaina March 16, 2011 at 15:20 #

I easily voted for Anna on the poll. I prefer the way she styled it and she does more justice to the suit.

8. Ethne Blist March 16, 2011 at 16:31 #

I say Anna because this look is too sexy but annoying Halle Berry style and it looks refreshing on Anna.

9. Nat39 March 16, 2011 at 17:58 #

Voted for Anna despite obvious over accessorizing. Don’t know, somehow this suit works so well on her but not that well on Halle. I don’t know what it is – maybe Anna’s long feminine hair or longer legs…

10. ShoeGal March 16, 2011 at 18:20 #

Anna looks far too stuffy,almost like she is wearing a walking sofa. I prefer it on Halle’s body and the way she styled it. Looking over the fact that I think Halle always dresses 20 years too young,it just looks more effortless on her. But I totally agree it looked best on the runway.

11. mochababe73 March 17, 2011 at 03:17 #

I didn’t like either one. I am a huge Prince fan, and I swear that this looks like something he would wear.
    I guess that I could have voted for Anna because she made it look less like a Prince concert suit.

12. Alicat March 17, 2011 at 04:45 #

This is a truly horrible suit. It looks like it’s made from uholstery fabric. Halle looks more relaxed in it. I love Anna’s sense of fun with fashion although most of her looks are unwearable for most women. Here she looks very hard – almost masculine.

13. pipsqueak March 18, 2011 at 02:23 #

Anna wins for me. Nobody beats her. Because this is a pantsuit, her height and frame helped pull it off nicely. I like Halle’s shoes a little better, though.