16.03.11

Target’s GO International Designer Collective Launch

Chloe Sevigny attended the Target GO International Designer Collective Launch last week in New York City.

The actress/fashion designer wore pieces from her own Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Spring 2011 collection.

A leopard print dress was teamed with a black bow-tie for a quirky touch.

Her look was also styled with a black blazer with draped pockets, stocking and suspenders plus Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Mary Jo booties.

Liv Tyler also wore Opening Ceremony. Her maroon dress styled with a black leather cropped jacket.

I love the pieces, but for some reason the overall look makes her appear quite shapeless and we all know Liv has an amazing womanly figure.

Michelle Trachtenberg wore a Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2011 forest green and black abstract printed wrap dress.

I’m guessing it’s still bitterly cold in New York as Michelle also wore tights with her look.

Credit: Fame Pictures

In Nicky Hilton's Closet - Madewell Set Sail Shorts

In Nicky Hilton’s Closet – Madewell Set Sail Shorts

In Jessica Alba's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Lace & Leather Bag

In Jessica Alba’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Lace & Leather Bag

11 Responses to Target’s GO International Designer Collective Launch

1. Tahj March 16, 2011 at 22:01 #

lol. Look at Michelle Trachtenberg posing like she thinks she’s Miss Fashionista. Guess that’s what she’s trying to make her career since I only see her show up to every event these days.

2. Nat39 March 16, 2011 at 23:12 #

Chloe’s outfit is atrocious. Liv looks so wide and square it’s embarrassing/awful. These two make Michelle look rather good.

• Kaylie March 17, 2011 at 05:26 #

Agreed. Chloe looks awful (the HAIR?!?!), and Liv looks awkward, uncomfortable.

• manja March 17, 2011 at 10:19 #

hahahah agree with Nat39,all 3 look awful

3. Allywan March 17, 2011 at 02:05 #

I’m not feeling any of these looks tbh. next!

4. mochababe73 March 17, 2011 at 02:35 #

Lots of black tights.
    Chloe looks horrible. She should have worn the dress without the blazer. I can excuse the bow tie. It fits her personality.
    Is Rachel Zoe still styling Liv Tyler because this is not a good look. The outfit makes her look boxy.
    Michelle ruined her look with the heavy tights and black boots. Some strappy sandals would have been much better.

5. Alicat March 17, 2011 at 04:09 #

I am not impressed by these “designer for department store” collections. They have nowhere near the quality of the stand alone label. I see it as a cynical marketing ploy to sell mediocre clothing as designer merely by sticking a fancy label on it.

Here in Australia, Stella McCartney has done two collections for Target (different company to the US mob). Many of the designs were unwearable and lacked quality while sporting a price well above Target’s usual below average price range. The designs did not sell well despite all the hype Target tried to create. I remember the first collection being on sale at 75% off, and still it didn’t sell!

The crookedness of Chloe’s bow-tie detail sums it up…

6. Marlie March 17, 2011 at 04:17 #

I don’t like Chloe’s look and Michelle looks ok. I really like Liv’s look. She does look a little squarish but I think they go well with each other and she pulls it off.

7. Emi March 17, 2011 at 08:00 #

Is correct to say that Michelle is the less worst (it’s an italian expression). C. Sevigny looks terrible, really. I still don’t understand why she’s considered a fashion icon, since most of the times she’s dresses very bad. Liv tyler looks so wide, I also don’t like the dress. M. Trachtenberg is without praise or blame.

• Lils March 17, 2011 at 13:18 #

ditto

8. Ethne Blist March 17, 2011 at 18:12 #

As everyone has already said, all three look awful, especially the overrated Chloe Sevigny. Is it below them to wear something from TARGET??? Why didn’t they wear something from the many designer collaborations for TARGET?