16.03.11

Fan Bing Bing & Daisy Lowe In Elie Saab – Elie Saab’s Private Dinner Party

I was really excited to see Fan Bing Bing at Elie Saab’s private dinner party following the Fall 2011 presentation in Paris last week.

My favourite Asian star looked impossibly perfect wearing a lilac Elie Saab Fall 2010 embellished mini dress.

The dress is slightly modified from the runway version as Fan Bing Bing’s dress doesn’t have the cut-out detail at the waist.

It’s not often we see Fan’s legs as we are so used to seeing her in beautiful gowns.

She opted not to wear her now world famous embellished turban. This time she opted for retro marcel waves.

Daisy went in the opposition direction selecting a gorgeous blush Elie Saab gown.

The tulle gown with an embellished bodice was paired with a necklace and she styled her hair into a loose side plait.

If I had the choice of both looks I would’ve picked Daisy gown sans necklace.

It may seem over-the-top for a house party, but it was Mr Saab’s party and given the chance we would’ve all wanted to swish around his home wearing a long flowing ethereal gown.

Daisy was living the dream…well my dream.

Credit: Style.com

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Elle Style Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Elle Style Awards?

Celine Dion In Elie Saab, Armani Privé & Balmain - The Colosseum At Caesars Palace

Celine Dion In Elie Saab, Armani Privé & Balmain – The Colosseum At Caesars Palace

16 Responses to Fan Bing Bing & Daisy Lowe In Elie Saab – Elie Saab’s Private Dinner Party

1. Victoria March 16, 2011 at 11:21 #

Fan Bing Bing wins hands down for me, definitely preferred her overall look over Daisy’s. Can we include her in BDOTW? ;)

2. Lee Ann March 16, 2011 at 11:39 #

She looks stunning in the dress and it is a beautiful dress. However I was so underwelmed when I stood next to her at Dior . Your experience sounds so different to mine because when I and my friends saw her in the flesh the reaction was more WTF than wow.

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 11:59 #

That’s really surprising because she is stunning. For me even better in the flesh.

3. ayishaa March 16, 2011 at 13:40 #

Finally, Fan got the memo & toned down her makeup. Loving her look and she wins for me. Lowe’s hair and necklace is distracting.

4. ahot March 16, 2011 at 13:41 #

Hate it. Daisy cheapened the dress with that unnecessary necklace,& i feel like a Katy Perry moment; her boobs are huge in this. Fan´s looks too big on her, & the modifications make this boring

• maria March 16, 2011 at 15:20 #

i agree. something is off with Daisy’s cleavage and it cheapens the dress. It feels like she would need more support or it’s a weird angle of the picture.
      Fan is a bit meh more me in this.

5. Ethne Blist March 16, 2011 at 16:30 #

Fan Bing Bing always wins because she is classy and has a reason to be there. Why is Daisy Lowe there??? I agree about the necklace and the cleavage. Elie Saab gowns are not Christina Hendricks moments.

6. Nat39 March 16, 2011 at 17:14 #

I’d rather see that lovely turban on Fan than this hairstyle which she seems to like so much. The modified dress looks a bit heavy on her, the solid chunk of embellished fabric (below the bust all the way down) looks kinda big/shapeless. Still, she wins for me over Daisy with her awkward necklace/cleavage combo.

7. asherlev1 March 16, 2011 at 17:53 #

I adore the color of Fan’s dress. Tbh, I wouldn’t have minded the cut-outs.

Daisy’s dress is gorgeous, but I can’t get behind the styling. That necklace is too much.

8. Alina March 16, 2011 at 18:21 #

That colour on Fan is divine. She looks classy like she always does.

On the other hand, Daisy manages to make this dress look trashy.

9. Tania March 16, 2011 at 21:58 #

Daisy was living my dream too!

10. mochababe73 March 17, 2011 at 03:11 #

This is a beautiful dress on Fan. I love the color.

11. nicky March 17, 2011 at 07:10 #

They both look great but Fan just looks elegant and beautiful as always. Love the marcel hair and the colour of the dress against her skin tone.

12. Carolina March 17, 2011 at 17:31 #

Fan has made too many plastic surgery in her face. Here in Brazil most asian girls do eye surgery or dream about it. :(

13. rebecca April 7, 2011 at 12:50 #

http://www.boutique1.com/index.php/womens/lk41-v-nk-beaded-gown-7.html daisy’s dress.

• Fashion Critic April 7, 2011 at 19:38 #