16.03.11

Emma Watson Shoots Lancôme Campaign In Paris: Day 2

Fans gathered to see Emma Watson continue to shoot her Lancôme ad campaign with Mario Testino in Paris yesterday.

The styling continues to be girlie with an edge.

For her first shoot she added a leather jacket to her girlie dress.

On this occasion she teamed a fedora and loose tie to add an androgynous touch to her pink Elizabeth & James Kevington silk blazer, white shirt and lace ivory shorts.

I’m really not at all keen on the styling for this shoot.

For some reason it feels like they are trying too hard.

[nggallery id=723]

Credit: Fame Pictures

Vanessa Hudgens' Pam & Gela 'Stevie' Dress

Vanessa Hudgens’ Pam & Gela ‘Stevie’ Dress

Rihanna For Vogue US April 2011

Rihanna For Vogue US April 2011

26 Responses to Emma Watson Shoots Lancôme Campaign In Paris: Day 2

1. Alice March 16, 2011 at 11:39 #

I agree with you; the tie and hat are really bothering me.

2. Kath March 16, 2011 at 12:07 #

I agree FC. It all seems a bit contrived – like they’re trying too hard to make her look edgy.
    I love Emma, and think she has great natural style, but I think there are just too many elements going on. They should have listened to Coco Chanel : “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory”. In this case I would remove both the hat and the tie.
    I’m also not at all keen on the hair and make-up styling in this shoot – looks like they’ve given her a mini-mullet. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Emma styled this poorly . . .
    That said, I’m sure the campaign will turn out fine in the end – as Emma always photographs so beautifully :)

3. justme March 16, 2011 at 12:56 #

They are going over the top with the “Parisian” style but what really looks off to me is the make-up :(

4. robbie March 16, 2011 at 13:14 #

the out is frickin cute, but not on emma. it seems like something carrie bradshaw would have wore back in the day.

i really hope her hair grows back quickly because she just looks like she is the sister of justin bieber.

5. Manja March 16, 2011 at 13:15 #

she looks like a boy,and clothes are not flattering at all,she looks chuby and short.bad styling.

• Elizabeth March 16, 2011 at 15:16 #

I agree…I have tried to like her shorter hairstyle, but it honestly does not flatter her at all. No offense, but it makes her face look chubby.

6. Ines March 16, 2011 at 13:51 #

Bad styling. Don’t like the clothes, nor the hair, nor the make up. Day 1 was MUCH better..but we don’t know how it will turn out in pictures/film so who knows?

7. Giuseppi March 16, 2011 at 14:16 #

I like the hat and tie, but not the shorts.. and i think the best shot is the one without the hat.

8. Nat39 March 16, 2011 at 15:05 #

Don’t really mind the hat (it actually looks cute on her) and the tie but I hate those shorts on her and the hair and makeup.
    Better shoe choice for her legs this time – no unflattering ankle booties to shorten her legs (which are naturally on the short side) even more.

9. Shaina March 16, 2011 at 15:15 #

I love the outfit, but I don’t think it’s really Emma’s style. They should let her put the outfits together.

10. maria March 16, 2011 at 15:18 #

i actually like the shoot pictures so far. I think it’s interesting how different they can style her short hair and it the fashion fits Emma. I am excited to see the finished product.

11. Jen March 16, 2011 at 15:27 #

Shame, I think it’s adorable. But without the hat.

12. d March 16, 2011 at 15:31 #

without the hat it was actually quite a cute look.
    i think with hat and tie its a bit over :)

13. Ethne Blist March 16, 2011 at 16:28 #

I actually like the styling, but you are right, it does seem like they are trying too hard. Emma looks great though and I think she is a great role model.

14. marian March 16, 2011 at 17:11 #

i love the shorts.

i say ditch the hat or ditch the jacket or ditch both. or start from scratch.

15. laura D March 16, 2011 at 18:38 #

I love the outfit…and I love the hat and jacket on her, but the shorts don’t suit her body, and the tie and hat at once are a little over-done

16. June March 16, 2011 at 18:47 #

just my personal reaction when i saw this – i didn’t think of Lancome right away – I thought of a stylist trying too for a “coco mademoiselle” vibe and getting it wrong…I don’t Emma has the personality to carry off this outfit (or the previous style with the jacket and dress) …

17. Lee Ann March 16, 2011 at 22:45 #

She looks like she in in a Frank Sinatra tribute band. She is also very brave to wear shorts given that her legs look like they could hold up Frank’s piano. She should go back to college .

18. mochababe73 March 17, 2011 at 03:07 #

That is not Emma’s style at all. I was thinking that she was chose because she has a certain sophistication that the brand is known for. This doesn’t read Lancome.
    And, Vanessa Hudgens wore those shorts in black a few days ago. She wore them with flat gladiator sandals and a white tee. I liked it better casual than this. It’s like trying to dress up a girdle.

19. Liz Lemon March 17, 2011 at 03:49 #

Love it! She looks gorgeous. It’s very quirky and cute!

20. Alicat March 17, 2011 at 04:23 #

Perhaps Lancome is trying to pitch their products at a younger clientele. I have always regarded their products as being for a more mature woman than Emma’s age-group.

Rather than looking edgy and young she looks overdone. Agree that the last shot without the hat is the best.

21. nicky March 17, 2011 at 07:08 #

Too much is going on but I actually like this outfit. It doesn’t look quite right on Emma…still not loving her hair.

22. Emi March 17, 2011 at 08:19 #

Very bad look. First of all, a male piece is enough, for me. So, they had to take off the hat or the tie, because male looks can look cheap. Personally I would take off the tie which is something strictly for men (I also read that tie is a manrepeller accessory, since it’s seen as strictly for men and I quite agree). I also dislike the way they match the clothes, every piece is cute but singularly, not together.

23. Saara March 17, 2011 at 09:17 #

I like it. The hat I could live without but everything else looks cute! I think the shorts and jacket look good together

24. SarahV March 17, 2011 at 21:46 #

I love the shorts, blazer and hat, so I can’t hate on this.
    I’m not overwhelmed either, though…

25. gigiu March 17, 2011 at 23:06 #

i have to disagree with you(which is quite rare). The outfit is simple and chic with an edge that fits emmas style. There isn’t an ounce of try hard as far as i see. And i wish people would stop saying negative things about her hair. It makes her stand out like a confident women unlike that previous girl next door hairdo.