Last night in Las Vegas Celine Dion performed on the first night of her new show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

The singer who ended a five-year run at The Colosseum back in December of 2007, is beginning a three-year residency at the 4,300-seat venue.

She kicked off her first night wearing some stunning Couture and ready-to-wear looks.

Her Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture strapless gown is heavenly.

The sexy gown with a lace lined thigh-high split has been modified to include embellished details on the bodice to make it the perfect performance look for a diva.

Celine’s other Couture look was an Armani Privé custom gown which closely resembles the Spring 2009 runway gown which was worn by Anne Hathaway during the 2009 Oscars.

Apart from the difference on the bodice, the directions of the paillettes on her gown are vertical whereas they are asymmetrical on the original version.

When I first started my blog 4 years ago, Celine was one of the only celebrities wearing Balmain.

After giving birth to twins 5 months ago she still has the perfect body to rock this gold Spring 2010 Balmain gold sequin mini dress.

I love the fringed details which will provide her with plenty of movement on stage.

Celine’s other Balmain look was a black sequined plunging gown with a thigh-high split.

Kate Beckinsale wore this same gown to the 2010 Cannes Film Festival ‘Biutiful’ premiere.

Kate opted for a wide belt, which gives the look some shape and prevents it from feeling so heavy.

Giuseppe Zanotti heels completed this look.

The Elie Saab gown is my favourite.

Which do you prefer?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Nicole Scherzinger's Closet - Alexander Wang Cropped Mock Neck Tank

In Nicole Scherzinger’s Closet – Alexander Wang Cropped Mock Neck Tank

Shopbop.com Launches Wedding Boutique

Shopbop.com Launches Wedding Boutique

56 Responses to Celine Dion In Elie Saab, Armani Privé & Balmain – The Colosseum At Caesars Palace

1. Rebecca March 16, 2011 at 13:22 #

Though I am not a fan I agree she looiks amazing. The only look I don’t likke is the black Balmain–it would have been fine in a different color, but I don’t like her in black

2. Megan March 16, 2011 at 13:26 #

Elie Saab #1 and Armani a very close #2. I really loved the Armani on Anne but I’m liking Celine’s version even more. She looks AMAZING! I’ve had 0 babies so far and don’t look that good :)

• hally March 16, 2011 at 17:33 #

lol, same here!

3. Vidhya March 16, 2011 at 13:27 #

wow.. this is an awesome post, FC… and she looks AMAZING.. i love the armani prive look.. she is glowing..

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 13:32 #

Don’t thank me, thank Celine… ;)

• Clover March 18, 2011 at 10:31 #

Thanks Celine!

4. ahot March 16, 2011 at 13:32 #

Love Elie Saab, this is the first time ever that i find Celine sexy. But she owned the Armani too, while Anne was too much “good girl from next door” (as usual) for me

5. Nadia March 16, 2011 at 13:53 #

My favorite is Elie Saab Couture Gown – he is my favorite designer so i always appreciate when someone wears his clothes and loooking amazing and Celine does she looks dashing !!!
    The Balmain Black gown is another look ii just love – it has that edge and exstra thing about it that i love even tho i wish she had worn the belt.

6. Jones19 March 16, 2011 at 13:57 #

Awesome post! Love the sexy dresses on her, she looks amazing. The Armani is my favorite.

7. Moxie March 16, 2011 at 14:00 #

It is too close to call between the Elie Saab and the Armani Prive!

8. cindy March 16, 2011 at 14:07 #

She was a vision in Armani, this has to be my fav.
    The little girl from Quebec in me is “oh so proud” to see her looking that beautiful! You go girl!

• geisha March 16, 2011 at 14:51 #

The Armani Prive. i DIE for that dress!!!

• maria March 16, 2011 at 15:12 #

i also agree. The Armani Prive

9. Alexandra March 16, 2011 at 14:10 #

Can any of these looks be eligible for BDOTW?

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 14:15 #

yes they can

10. Adler March 16, 2011 at 14:11 #

Wow! She rocks the four looks, but the Elie Saab dress is breath-taking, and I love the way she modified it and she put the embellished details. Perfect from head to toe.

11. shap_half March 16, 2011 at 14:13 #

She looks great in all of them. I was disappointed she wasn’t as recognized for what I thought was an amazing look at the Oscars, so hopefully more people will champion at least one of this looks for the BDOTW poll — though I’m pretty sure Michelle T has that all wrapped up.

Love the strapless Elie Saab!

• hally March 16, 2011 at 17:32 #

she was amaaaaaazing at the oscars! definately did not get the amount of praise she deserved for looking so good. i loved her look & mila kunis was my fave.

12. Giuseppi March 16, 2011 at 14:14 #

wow! these are all amazing. celine dion is such a terrific entertainer- i love the elie saab and armani looks best, but i really think they’re all fabulous

13. Pablo March 16, 2011 at 14:15 #

Wow! They should put Celine Dion in the dictionnary under the definition for diva! :) I would kill to see this show and these gowns live! As always, the Elie Saab look is perfection!

14. ayishaa March 16, 2011 at 14:27 #

She actually looks dreamy in the Elie Saab but I prefer the Armani. The dress brings out the diva in her.

15. Mimy March 16, 2011 at 14:42 #

oh wow, she look fantastic in all of them!

my favorite is #1 Armani, #2 Black Balmain gown!

16. Gaber March 16, 2011 at 14:54 #

Armani.
    The gold Balmain is also pretty darn good, the black Balmain completely overwhelms her and the Saab isn’t doing her any favours – tiny bust, massive hips.

17. CreoleLady March 16, 2011 at 14:56 #

I don’t think I’ve seen her look this good — ever. I’d like to vote for those lust-inducing strappy heels she’s wearing with black Balmain. Oh, you meant a dress. Toss up, can’t decide.

18. Shaina March 16, 2011 at 15:13 #

I love the Armani Prive gown. But I can’t choose between it and the Elie Saab gown. Either one is easily a BDOTW contender!

19. Nat39 March 16, 2011 at 16:12 #

Armani hands down, just Wow! Def. a BDOTW contender – will give some serious competition to Michelle Trachtenberg there.
    Love the minidress on her as well. She really rocks it!

20. Ethne Blist March 16, 2011 at 16:22 #

Celine looks stunning. She is so talented and well…hot. I like her style a lot. I don’t think she gets enough credit, so thank you so much FC for featuring her! The Elie Saab gown is perfect for her, as Celine can do sexy and lovely well. Then the Armani Prive, gold Balmain and the not-so-great black Balmain.

21. lily March 16, 2011 at 16:29 #

Totally agree with your pick FC.. I’m planning my wedding now n I’ll wear that gown even though it’s not white n not really a traditionally wedding dress should be.. LOL

22. michelle March 16, 2011 at 16:51 #

She looks amazeballs. Didn’t she just give birth to twins like a couple of hours ago? *all hail queen celine.* Thanks for posting this FC.

23. Wendy March 16, 2011 at 16:56 #

Real DIVA! I enjoyed watching this! :)
    Armani dress is my fav. :)

24. hally March 16, 2011 at 17:29 #

the elie is actually my least favorite (although elie is my homeboy!) and my favorite would be either the armani or gold balmain. the armani is gorgeous on her, and the balmain makes her look like a rockstar. awesome. celine has such great style now, its amazing looking back at all the horrible styles shes sported in the past. bravo, celine!

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 18:47 #

lol @ homeboy

25. Fanny March 16, 2011 at 17:29 #

Armani.

26. Lara March 16, 2011 at 17:30 #

Armani all the way! She looks amazing in all

27. Manja March 16, 2011 at 17:32 #

she looks great in all 4

28. ShoeGal March 16, 2011 at 17:51 #

I rarely say this about anyone in multiple gowns at one event but I LOVE all 4 of these! The Armani is sexy and glamourous. I am a big Balmain fan so I love the rock&roll edge those gowns gave her. I agree the Saab gown is the best though. It’s romantic and whimsical without being over the top.

29. Alina March 16, 2011 at 18:12 #

Love the Elie Saab and the Armani Prive. The first is soft and feminine, the second one is bold and sexy. I can’t decide.

30. laura D March 16, 2011 at 18:28 #

I really love the Armani on her.

31. IloveNorway March 16, 2011 at 18:54 #

Thanks.Ive been reading this blog for three years and thanks to you Im a fashion know-at-all.

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 19:09 #

lol…glad to hear it.

• Anna March 16, 2011 at 19:49 #

Same with me. FC is my fashion mentor. You’re the best FC!!

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 19:55 #

You are all so sweet and you make me very happy :D

32. carol March 16, 2011 at 19:51 #

All of them are perfect,my favorite is the Black Balmain.

33. Tania March 16, 2011 at 21:35 #

Elie of course!

34. A March 16, 2011 at 22:35 #

Wow, she really looks great! The Armani is by far the best I think! She looks exquisite in it!

35. Ariel March 17, 2011 at 00:12 #

Both the Elie Saab and Armani Prive deserve to be contenders in BDOTW. Stunning & beautiful!

36. mochababe73 March 17, 2011 at 02:58 #

I don’t think that the black Balmain is Celine. It’s a pretty dress, but I don’t like it on her. Too edgy. Love the shoes.
    The gold dress looks like something that Beyonce would wear on stage.
    I love the Prive’ dress.
    I am on the fence with the Elie Saab dress. It’s a beautiful dress, but I don’t know if I like it on Celine. And, I swear that I have seen someone else in that dress.

37. que esq March 17, 2011 at 04:26 #

She’s a vision of an angel in the Armani Prive! Love!

38. Emi March 17, 2011 at 08:12 #

It’s hard to choose, all four looks are very beautiful. Maybe my favorite is Balmain’s (look 3) because I prefer the runway version of Armani (most of all because of the asymmetrical paillettes), I prefer the black Balmain with a belt and E. Saab gown is beautiful but the gold dress really rocks.

39. Saara March 18, 2011 at 10:59 #

She looks great in all four dresses. My favourite is the Armani – perfection! BDOTW for sure!

40. Jamie March 19, 2011 at 01:40 #

Elie Saab is totally amazing on Celine, but then of course, anyone can look great in Elie Saab! Celine should dress more Elie Saab gowns as she looks very sexy and dreamy in these gowns!

41. danielle lefrancois March 19, 2011 at 03:06 #

Celine looks great in all of the dresses…. elegant and sexy!
    And those legs… they can compete with Jennifer Aniston’s legs… don’t you think so?
    But not only is she stunning and talented, she is a great human being and her husband too! Can hardly wait to see her and the dresses in Vegas.

42. kerche March 22, 2011 at 08:20 #

The Armani Prive is completely stunning in person when you see her wear it on stage!! When the sequins & sparkles catches the stage lights – holy crap!! She’s like a sparkling angel!!

I really love all 4 looks on her. The Elie Saab is so freaking dreamy and the gold Balmain makes her look so DAMN HOT! :)

Je t’aime Celine!!!

43. kerche March 22, 2011 at 08:22 #

All hail Annie Horth for dressing Celine :D

44. rima March 22, 2011 at 10:36 #

As to me, I prefer the Armani Dress! although it shows her tiny little fat package but i love it on her and she looks amazing whatever she wears!

45. Shahrazad April 9, 2011 at 20:48 #

Elie saab i love you design you god of fashion and design