Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

Here we have two of our favourite stars gracing the red carpet wearing a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 dress.

Last month Diane Kruger wore her Dolce & Gabbana embellished mini with simple nude Brian Atwood pumps with her hair pulled back to the “Unknown” LA Premiere.

This was a very typically classically, elegant, girlie look from Diane.

Kate Bosworth wore the same loose-fitting version of a very similar dress to the Nylon Magazine party in New York City last week.

She opted to make this look more casual by adding contrasting booties and messy beach waves with a single cornrow plait.

In the battle between chic versus edgy, chic wins for me.

Diane was perfection in this dress.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Picture & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou - 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou – ‘The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby’ Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

In Nicky Hilton's Closet - Rag & Bone Tuxedo Jacket

In Nicky Hilton’s Closet – Rag & Bone Tuxedo Jacket

17 Responses to Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

1. helltastic March 15, 2011 at 08:13 #

For me this pretty dress wore better Diane :)

2. Iñaki March 15, 2011 at 09:38 #

Diane Kruger just makes everything look like Chanel.

She needs to sort it out.

x

• Ksenia March 15, 2011 at 16:48 #

I agree with you. Once you are a Chanel Belle, you are expected, kind of, to dress Chanelish. But there is no question here. Diane wins. Most women, deep down, prefer longstanding elegance to the temporary coolness of grunge/edginess.

3. Gaber March 15, 2011 at 09:53 #

I am bothered by this dress on Diane.
    And to make it worse – I can’t put my finger on what’s wrong with it. I think it’s the way the dress sits on her shoulders, because if I scroll down the page to cover her face/shoulders – this look doesn’t bother me as much.

I absolutely hate Kate’s hair – but all in all – I prefer the overall look.
    (But boy-oh-boy those are some mighty fine Diane-legs!)

4. Vidhya March 15, 2011 at 11:22 #

the dress is too short to be worn with nude pumps.. Diane looks like she forgot her trousers.. i like kate bo’s better

5. Clau March 15, 2011 at 11:49 #

Absolutely. Diane is perfection in this look.
    Kate not so much, even though I love her outfits.

6. LizLemooooon March 15, 2011 at 12:16 #

Diane wore her dress with some pretty unimaginative styling. If she’d worn sparkly strappy heels or jewel tone heels I’d have been more impressed but she wins in my opinion. Kate Bosworth looks akward and lacks the cool fact to pull off that kind of look and if she was going to wear boots with a white dress they should have been ones in neutral shades that stopped at the ankle or maybe even a wedge boot but not chunky army boots.

7. Laura March 15, 2011 at 14:28 #

I still say that the proportions of this look aren’t quite right, but even so, Diane is the obvious winner. Kate’s shoe choice is terrible!

8. D March 15, 2011 at 15:33 #

kate is so much fun!! dont like the makeup with diana

9. jK March 15, 2011 at 16:48 #

Kate was at a NYLON magazine party … i think she dressed right for the occasion …

10. arwa March 15, 2011 at 17:16 #

Hi,
    you do insist on this, that the dress worn by Kate is look no.76 . In fact it is no. 78 form Dolce & Gabbana ‘s s/s 2011 collection

• stylequeen March 15, 2011 at 18:37 #

good call. it is 78!

I like both girls. Kate wore it to a Nylon Dinner which is less dressy than the red carpet premiere Diane attended so pairing with booties and a jacket was funky. I think both girls dressed appropriately for their events!

11. lee March 15, 2011 at 17:38 #

wow… diane versus kate… my two favorites pitted against each other… but i agree with you. diane wins this round. i don’t like adding black accessories to this.

12. Ethne Blist March 15, 2011 at 18:09 #

Elegance always wins over edginess I think. Diane always looks classic and stunning. We are yet to see her make an oopsy in 2011.

13. mochababe73 March 15, 2011 at 23:47 #

As much as it pained me because of those awful boots, I voted for Kate.
    I love Diane’s style, but she looked like a figure skater. I was expecting her to do a triple axel.

14. KateS March 15, 2011 at 23:49 #

It still looks like an ice-skater’s costume to me. Do not like.

15. Bella March 17, 2011 at 05:15 #

Scarlett Johansson wears this on the new cover of Vogue China.