15.03.11

Selena Gomez In Emilio Pucci – Late Show With David Letterman

Last night Selena Gomez arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theater for a guest appearance on the Late Show With David Letterman in New York City.

She was there to promote her new single “Who Says”, from her upcoming third album.

The singer/actress looked beautiful wearing an Emilio Pucci dress.

Her dress has many textures from the lace long sleeve top, to the leather panel under the bust, to the embellished waist and her abstract print skirt.

There is a lot going on, but the 18 year old pulls it off well.

Her look was simply accessorized with black pumps which have a golden zipper rosette detail.

I like that her trademark voluminous hair was styled to be sleek straight.

Selena’s appearance on Letterman is schedule to air Wednesday, March 16 on CBS.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen - 'The Giver' New York Premiere

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘The Giver’ New York Premiere

Selena Gomez In Christian Cota - 2011 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Selena Gomez In Christian Cota – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

22 Responses to Selena Gomez In Emilio Pucci – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Jones19 March 15, 2011 at 10:04 #

This is borderline “too much going on” for me, I can’t decide whether I like it or loathe it.

2. Ferne March 15, 2011 at 10:45 #

It’s a great look but i think it’s a lil too old for her.
    I imagine this on Cheryl cole and it’d still fit quite well.
    I dunno there’s something about selena Gomez that seems too old for her. not just here but generally.

• Giuseppi March 15, 2011 at 14:57 #

I was thinking that same thing. She pulls it off, but the top is a little bit too much. Just a little.

3. robbie March 15, 2011 at 11:44 #

well selena staying sweet and innocent didnt last long, knew it wouldnt be long before she took styling tips from miley.

4. Clau March 15, 2011 at 11:54 #

she looks adorable as always.

5. fashionbegginer March 15, 2011 at 13:11 #

This is not a typical Selena look,but i like it more than her usual style. She’s 18 people, she can’t wear sugary-sweet dresses her whole life !
    At least she doesn’t have Justin Bieber under her arm
    -.-

6. dee March 15, 2011 at 14:07 #

I like this. I think she looks great.

7. ShoeGal March 15, 2011 at 14:17 #

Once again I feel like she dresses about 5-10 years too old for herself. This just isn’t age appropriate for a 18 year old girl imo. It’s too sexy,it’s too sophisticated. Just doesn’t suit her.

• Ksenia March 15, 2011 at 16:33 #

I agree. Once a Disney Machine Creation always a Disney Creation (unless they win an Oscar or something). But I like this look. But not on Selena. Her stylist had too much fun.

8. Laura March 15, 2011 at 14:28 #

Fun mix of textures and prints. Definitely works best on someone Selena’s age.

9. Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 15:27 #

What an UGLY dress: the way all its elements put together is very unpleasing to the eye The only reason she kinda pulls it off is because everyone is too busy looking at her pretty face, beautiful shiny sleek hair and her nice figure.

10. Megan March 15, 2011 at 16:33 #

Hmm didn’t know whether to comment or not because really I feel it isn’t good or really bad.it’s average and not a very nice dress there is lots going on and I would not expect it at all to be pucci or any other designer.

11. Francesca March 15, 2011 at 16:41 #

Come on, a girl can step out of her box once in a while. When she’s all white, pink and so you complain. When she makes a change, you complain again. I like this look. Why wouldn’t she want to feel sexy?

12. Ethne Blist March 15, 2011 at 18:08 #

It must be hard to be a Disney child. But Selena and sexy do not go together. Her stylist needs to calm down.

13. Hannah March 15, 2011 at 19:36 #

I like that she has gone for a enw direction, but I reall ydislike the whoel look. I think the dress looks cheap, with what is going on and also the fit. I really don’t think it i sflattering to her toned, svelte figure. I also detest the heels, sleek plain black pumps would ahve been greatly prefered. I do love the straight hair on her, but how painfully ignored teh dye situation is ruins it. Half her hair is brown, the top half black. It isn;t even ombre hair, this is plain colourblocking, and I do not like it.

14. laura D March 15, 2011 at 19:50 #

I *almost* like this dress. She does pull it off as well as can be done…but I just don’t like the lace-over-stiff-bustier bodice. Just too much like a strapless bra showing.
    I don’t mind all the detail on the skirt and the waist, and love the detail in the front over the solar-plexus…I just don’t like the top

15. Sonia March 15, 2011 at 20:05 #

I hate it. I give her points for trying to be edgy (trying being the operative word her) but it just fails. She should just be like Taylor Swift and stick to the innocent dresses and leave the edgier stuff for other stars.

• Ethne Blist March 15, 2011 at 21:14 #

I agree that she shouldn’t go for edgy. Sexy is not her thing either. Innocence is what she has based her career off of so she should stick to it.

16. mochababe73 March 15, 2011 at 23:38 #

With the exception of the shoes, I actually like this outfit. I don’t find it sexy or edgy. She looks young and fresh.
    Most of time I think that she’s trying to dress too old. Here, Selena looks age appropriate.

17. KateS March 15, 2011 at 23:48 #

Just a bit too much going on, and better on someone a little older – I still don’t think she’s quite found her post-teen style.

18. Emi March 16, 2011 at 08:18 #

She still looks cute but this dress is tacky. I really dislike clothes with many textures, maybe only Marc Jacobs can work it well, sometimes.

19. Katie March 16, 2011 at 12:47 #

Uuhh i think she looks fab, she knows her own style, so pretty