15.03.11 Sidewalk Style

If you’ve returned from dropping you kids off a school, you might look at this picture of Elle Macpherson and think she’s gone mad.

The Supermodel did the school run her runway yesterday accessorizing her grey sweater and leggings with Christian Louboutin Lucifer Bow spiked pumps.

I admire her to be able to walk in these heels, but at the same time I can’t help but think are 6 inch spiked heels appropriate to drop your kids to school at 8.30 in the morning?

Seems like an odd choice, but we aren’t under pressure to look beautiful 24/7 like Elle, plus Victoria Beckham has been doing it for years.

She also carried a Roberto Cavalli Diva Bag which has also been spotted on Elisabetta Canalis, Jessica Alba and Elizabeth Hurley.

The Roberto Cavalli ‘Diva’ bag comes in various styles, sizes and colours.

Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International have the python and perforated leather versions for sale.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Roberto Cavalli

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons - LAX Airport

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons – LAX Airport

Maternity Style: Rachel Zoe In Brian Atwood 'Didier' Leopard Print Ankle Boots

Maternity Style: Rachel Zoe In Brian Atwood ‘Didier’ Leopard Print Ankle Boots

27 Responses to School Run Style: Elle Macpherson’s Christian Louboutin Lucifer Bow Spiked Pumps & Roberto Cavalli ‘Diva’ Bag

1. Iris March 15, 2011 at 11:31 #

“…you might look at this picture of Elle Macpherson and think she’s gone mad.” haha! love!

2. Clau March 15, 2011 at 11:47 #

I love it. If I could (actually bear) I would wear high heels every day all the time.

3. robbie March 15, 2011 at 11:53 #

she looks great those shoes are INCREDIBLE!

4. Erica B. March 15, 2011 at 13:10 #

She looks FABULOUS! I think the heels are much more “appropriate” than dropping your kids off in pajamas! Kudos to her for putting forth effort.

• justme March 15, 2011 at 13:15 #

This.
      My mom would drop me and my sister in heels too. Chances are Elle is off to a meeting afterwards.

5. Nia March 15, 2011 at 13:48 #

Ouch! Is all I can say.

6. D March 15, 2011 at 14:04 #

love EM. think EM is my favourit woman :)

7. dee March 15, 2011 at 14:07 #

Love the shoes.

8. Vicky March 15, 2011 at 14:09 #

Love it! She’s clearly a woman who loves fashion and dressing up.
    I’d do it too if I’d had the opportunity and could walk in those heels.
    (Maybe she had somewhere else to go afterwards?..)

9. olivia March 15, 2011 at 14:34 #

She looks amazing, and I don’t think she had to walk too much in those shoes, she probably has a driver, so she just has to wlak the kids in and than back to the car. If I could do this, I too would wear heels like this 24/7

10. Alice March 15, 2011 at 15:32 #

Let’s face it, she’d look stunning in a bin bag. I doubt she was planning on walking further than back to her SUV.. The whole thing just seems a bit… narcissistic, no?

11. Nia March 15, 2011 at 15:43 #

Lol! There is a photo of her on The Daily Mail website. As soon as she sat down she took them off and started rubbing feet.
    Good for her though, she looks great.

• Fashion Critic March 15, 2011 at 18:00 #

lol…I saw that too

12. Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 16:06 #

For me It’s not really about when/where she wore those heels, it’s more about with what she wore them – a plain grey sweater and shabby-looking leggings (worn as skinny trousers). She looks ridiculous.

13. Manja March 15, 2011 at 16:25 #

why not?if she felt like it I say go for it.some days I just feel the need to dress up for the fun of it,not for any other particular reason.

14. maria March 15, 2011 at 16:42 #

i think Elle looks incredible for a woman her age and is somehow trendy without looking silly or dressed to young for her age.
    I think the fact that she is in jeans and woolen sweater somehow does not make the look too overly chic for a school run.

• Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 18:27 #

Except the chic heels like these don’t really go with her anything but chic outfit (in my opinion, of course) Aren’t these leggings by the way? which makes it even more awful.

15. Ksenia March 15, 2011 at 16:46 #

Since I’m young, I am going to go mad and try wearing heels like this too. She is followed by the paparazzi on a daily basis, so this makes sense. When I’m 50 I won’t be able to do this, so 6 inch heels I come!

16. Ethne Blist March 15, 2011 at 18:07 #

I love how everything is her catwalk. Work it girlfriend.

17. Bunnie Watson March 15, 2011 at 18:24 #

“I can’t help but think are 6 inch spiked heels appropriate to drop your kids to school at 8.30 in the morning?”

Are shoes like these EVER appropriate? Come on! Stilettos are fetish gear, just the thing for street walkers and others engaged in sexual fantasy play. You’ve been manipulated to see them as fashion.

18. k.b.s March 15, 2011 at 18:47 #

i would totally wear this outfit on the school run, especially those fab shoes. after all, what would the other gossipy, judgemental mums have to talk about (you know who you are)? It tickles me pink to wear my high heels on the school run. Good for you Elle.

• Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 20:14 #

I would totally wear an outfit like this/similar on the school run as well, and I would wear those shoes (I love the heels, where I came from women wear heels/nice shoes anywhere any time, you won’t see mums in sweatpants and runners often ) but I wouldn’t wear them together. That’s the point. It hurts my eyes when some women wear some fab. heels even with sweatpants.

• Tania March 15, 2011 at 23:11 #

Me too, i’ve wore heels many times for the school run. It makes me feel lik a yummy mummy!

• Fashion Critic March 16, 2011 at 00:50 #

cute ;)

19. Incroyable March 15, 2011 at 19:04 #

she looks amazing! and i always believe in “if you got it, flaunt it!!”

plus we do not know where she’s going after dropping her kids off at school. she probably has other obligations that better fit this attire. and if not, she is a hot milf and shouldn’t have to dim her shine, where ever she is!

20. Rebecca March 15, 2011 at 19:21 #

To me the scariest part is that someone is taking pictures of this woman when she is dropping her kids off at school. Public appearances are fair game–I say leave these folks alone the rest of the time.

21. KateS March 15, 2011 at 23:47 #

My god she must have been tall in those heels! I bet she was towering over the kids and other mamas.