Michelle Trachtenberg In Marchesa – 2011 School Of American Ballet Winter Ball

I’m really enjoying Michelle Trachtenberg’s red carpet choices at the moment.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress looked divine on the red carpet at the 2011 School Of American Ballet Winter Ball in New York City last night.

She wore a Marchesa appliqué silk-chiffon gown with a plunging neckline and embroidered detailing around the bodice.

The pale grey gown complements her skin-tone perfectly.

David Yurman and a sparkling Marchesa clutch completed her look.

I’m not sure if Michelle has a new stylist or she’s just making better choices, but I love that she appears to have taken things to another level.

This is my first BDOTW contender.

Credit: Getty

36 thoughts on “Michelle Trachtenberg In Marchesa – 2011 School Of American Ballet Winter Ball

1. Carrie

I am a huge Michelle fan in general but even I admit that her past choices in fashion have been iffy at best. However, when I came to the website and this popped up on the page, I GASPED. She looks absolutely stunning. I can’t find anything wrong with it. The hair is even perfect– the perfect mix of off-her-neck without looking uptight. Flawless. Almost totally erases all the horrible missteps of her past.

2. Kiran

This is actually perfection. It’s rare I see a look and wouldn’t change a thing but she looks stunning. She usually dresses for events and looks like a normal actress but for the first time she looks like a star.

3. ShoeGal

This dress is dreamy and beautiful. I only wish it was on someone who was a real movie star. Michelle herself does little for me but I have to respect her love of Marchesa.

4. Nat39

What a beautifu, beautiful, and did I say BEAUTIFUL gown! And it actually gives her nice small waist (!) as hers is naturally quite broad.
    Her hair is a bit too dark though,

5. Hannah

I cannot think of a single time when she has ever wowed me, her outfits are always off, and often unflattering and wash her out, but au contraire. She look stunning. I love the fact that she is embracing her pale skin, but still looks radiant and gorgeous, and has found a colour that really enhances her natural beauty. Every little bit is perfect on this outfit.

6. Maggy

WOW! That’s literally what I said out loud when I just saw this. Absolutely gorgeous. BDOTW for sure!

7. Mary

I love Michelle, but this is the first outfit of hers EVER that I don’t hate! In fact, I love it! Gorgeous.

8. Tahj

beautiful dress but I want to know is what does she have going on in her career now that warrants all these red carpet appearances? Is she trying to be another Kate Bosworth/Alexis Bledel/Diane Kruger? Known primarily for showing up at the opening of an envelope.

9. Ethne Blist

Michelle Trachtenberg knows how tot work Marchesa. I would be jolly if she only wore Marchesa and Notte by Marchesa because they work with her style and she wears those two brands so well. Righto about BDOTW.

10. KateS

Wow, beautiful! The colour and cut are perfect for her. Definitely BDOTW worthy, and kudos to whoever’s styling her at the moment.

11. CreoleLady

Wow, so elegant. I like the antique look of that clutch and how it echoes the scrollwork in the dress.

12. Matt

Wow….that’s all I could muster when I first saw this picture.

I don’t think I have ever seen Michelle look this stunning. She seems to love Marchesa and it’s a winning combination, especially right now. I will be staring at this picture for a while

Definitely BDOTW worthy