15.03.11

Emma Watson Shoots Lancôme Campaign In Paris

Emma Watson recently announced that she will be taking a leave of absence from Brown University.

Almost at the same time she was named the newest face of Lancôme.

Emma wrapped “My Week With Marilyn” and she also launched her capsule collection for Alberta Ferretti, so I guess there wasn’t enough time to do pursue her career post ‘Harry Potter’ and keep up with her homework.

Yesterday Emma was spotted shooting the Lancôme campaign with Mario Testino in Paris.

The photographer knows Emma well as he shot her two Burberry campaigns.

Lancôme usually go for an ethereal dreamy route for their campaigns, but Emma mixed a beautiful pink mini dress with slicked back hair, a black leather jacket and black ankle boots – no doubt to appeal to a younger market.

Her look seems like it would be better suited to a Rimmel London campaign, so I’m very curious to see the end result.

Fellow Brit Kate Winslet has also been the face of the brand.

[nggallery id=722]

Credit: Fame Pictures

Thandie Newton In Marni - EQUALS On Film: Oxfam Gala Screening

Thandie Newton In Marni – EQUALS On Film: Oxfam Gala Screening

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

36 Responses to Emma Watson Shoots Lancôme Campaign In Paris

1. Victoria March 15, 2011 at 00:48 #

Although Emma works this look, to me it seems this outfit was made for Kristen Stewart – edgy and got attitude, it’s for Kristen all over it.

• olivia March 15, 2011 at 10:10 #

I agree with you, this would have been a great look for Kristen, and she also has better legs than Emma. But it looks good on Emma too.

• Ines March 15, 2011 at 11:33 #

She is in fact taller than KS ;) but Stewart is slimmer and has lost a lot of weight recently. I think Watson has better legs but she put on weight since college and has a more “woman’/curvy body now. Do you remember the HP 7 London premiere? She had amazing legs.
        I think it’s the mix of heels/dress which don’t work out.

Also, I don’t see Stewart modeling at all while I am sure this new lancome ad will be great (Watson is getting better and better)

I don’t like the hair, nor the make up though and I am realy looking forward that lancome ad (and esp the commercial) since they made a 360° change!

• Gabby March 15, 2011 at 18:28 #

That little pale, sickly praying mantis. Ha!
        Stewart has the special ability to make everything she wears look terrible and cheap. There’s no way she would be able to pull off a look like this.
        And why was she even brought up in the first place? Confused?
        Emma looks fantastic. I can’t wait to see the finished campaign. Some new pictures were just released from other ads for the campaign. The outfit is VERY cute!

2. Jo_Pley March 15, 2011 at 00:56 #

I can’t wait to see what she wears to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding! It’s too bad she didn’t know she was going to be free in April otherwse I”m sure she’d have agreed to be in the wedding. But I don’t think she knew she’d be dropping out of college until the end of the year.

I love the way her face is made up. There’s no way the haters can say she looks like Justin Bieber here!

• Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 04:01 #

Ha ha… every time I see a pic. of JB I think he could be Emma’s sister/brother.
      Emma looks nice and poised here but damn those legs look so short and thick. Even the high heels don’t help.

• cindy March 15, 2011 at 13:02 #

Yeah well, sadly, puffy skirts and booties tend to do that imo. I love her hair and make-up but I don’t think the outfit does her justice.

• Nat39 March 15, 2011 at 14:54 #

Puffy skirts/booties certainly do that but Emma’s legs are naturally stumpy and on a shorter side (def. not long and slim enough to pull this off) and emphasizing it intentionally with this outfit is a bad idea, certainly not doing her any justice.

• cindy March 15, 2011 at 15:53 #

Well with a little help from photoshop I’m pretty sure the results will be amazing ;)

3. Matt March 15, 2011 at 04:07 #

The hair cut is the best thing she’s ever done to her image. She is stunning. I no longer is her as hemorrhoid or whatever her character’s name is

• Iris March 15, 2011 at 12:02 #

that’s so nasty

4. lalala March 15, 2011 at 04:09 #

she has weird legs. they’re kinda chubby for her small frame.

• Liz Lemon March 15, 2011 at 18:24 #

Her legs are perfect.

5. Teleholic March 15, 2011 at 05:08 #

I am just SO disappointed with you FC. I’ve checked this site 200 times in the past 15 minutes, how dare you not have added anything new yet?!! This is enough to make me stop visiting the site altogether.

… Well I know my sarcasm doesn’t translate well in text so I’ll go ahead and apologize in advance ;)

Thanks so much, FC! I love the fact that I’m addicted to this site!!!!

• Fashion Critic March 15, 2011 at 08:03 #

You had me worried for a second :)

6. Naomi March 15, 2011 at 06:58 #

She looks great, ankles up.
    These boots are so unflattering!

7. D March 15, 2011 at 10:54 #

haircut stunning! but not liking the legs…

8. Iris March 15, 2011 at 11:23 #

sorry, didn’t get the Rimmel London reference… what are their ad campaigns like?

• Fashion Critic March 15, 2011 at 11:25 #

they have a lot more attitude

• Iris March 15, 2011 at 12:01 #

ah ok. thanks

9. LizLemooooon March 15, 2011 at 12:18 #

I’d quit school for a Lancome contract as well…I wonder why she didn’t just put her career on hold for a few years and finish her education? Maybe she just went to uni to please her parents…or maybe she knew that with her questionable acting skills she’d need to seize every opportunity now. Hahahaha lemme stop.
    Cute hair, terrible styling. Interesting…sort of…to see how the photos turn out.

• Ines March 15, 2011 at 14:02 #

haha! She is filming a movie soon (beginning of May 2011), she also has a fashion line which came up/coming up with Alberta Ferretti that she’ll probably promote. Plus I think she is really interested into fashion/designing and may pair up with other designers in the future. She also has a new movie coming out “My week with Marilyn” with Michelle Williams.

As for school she said it’ll take a semester or 2 so my guess is she put everything on hold for a year max ;)

I think she needs to loose weight or at least go back to the gym if she is going to “model” :S (I feel bad saying that since she is no where fat)

10. Nia March 15, 2011 at 13:54 #

I LOVE her legs, I think she looks sexy and cute. I love to see a girl who doesn’t have perfect stick-thin legs not afraid to show them off.

• Giuseppi March 15, 2011 at 16:28 #

Agreed. I think she looks great.

• Ksenia March 15, 2011 at 16:41 #

I agree. We are all used to seeing stick-thin legs and therefore apparently find that attractive. Kristen Stewart is just another one of those starlets (no matter how anti-starlet Kristen Stewart is) who is too thin. Bring on the curves Emma Watson! I want her chiffon boots. I have never been a fan of greased back hair. The amount of shampoo to make war with the grease frightens me ;)

• Liz Lemon March 15, 2011 at 18:23 #

Agreed. I think her legs ARE perfect, because they’re NOT stick thin. Stick thin legs are gross.
      I’m pretty sure it’s because of Emma’s English/French heritage that she’s always had an athletic/healthy figure. American girls are the ones who are obsessed with being skinny and sickly.

11. Melissa March 15, 2011 at 17:29 #

I think she looks great. Her outfit isn’t the most flattering but I don’t think her body is at fault in any way. She has curves and should definitely not be losing weight to look like a twig.

12. Ethne Blist March 15, 2011 at 18:10 #

I think she looks great. Thin is not attractive. We are made to think that way by the media. Freshman 15 has done her well ;)

13. Liz Lemon March 15, 2011 at 18:21 #

She looks fabulous. I can’t wait to see the end result. I expected them to go with a more edgy look since Emma is the ambassador for the Tresor Midnight Rose perfume.

And Emma’s legs are fantastic. She’s the one celebrity whose legs I admire. They’re athletic, toned, and normal. Not freakishly skinny, toneless, and malnourished.

14. Elena March 15, 2011 at 18:58 #

Wouhaaa she looks great here.. For the fiirst time I can say that I love her hair…I also love her make up!!
    Well done!!

15. nissi March 15, 2011 at 19:18 #

I actually dont understand why Lancome would take on board such a young face for their brand they have always used more grown up ladies…dont see the match her….especially as never bought lancome and I am same age as her….

• Giuseppi March 15, 2011 at 19:33 #

“especially as never bought lancome and I am same age as her”
      That’s probably why- maybe Lancome is reaching out to the younger generation? I’m just guessing about that- but as I’ve been reading what people have commented, it sounds like there’s something brewing at Lancome right now anyway- changes or something. Maybe this is part of a change in direction for the company? Does anybody know anything further?

16. KateS March 15, 2011 at 23:52 #

Hate the boots but still love the haircut. She’s made such a great transition from the HP days, and I’m pretty sure the final campaign will look great. Agree she’s an interesting choice for the brand, can only assume they’re targeting a younger demographic.

17. Pascale March 17, 2011 at 03:32 #

Hey FC! The ankle boots are from D&G :)

• Fashion Critic March 17, 2011 at 09:06 #