Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards

Last night in Austin, Texas they held their annual Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards, where Emmy-winning actor Rip Torn and Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger – both Texas natives – were honored.

Renee arrived on the red carpet wearing a Carolina Herrera Fall 2011 dress. The first we’ve seen from this collection on the red carpet.

The actress who has Ms. Herrera on speed dial opted to go for a shorter version of the strapless gown which was presented during New York Fashion Week.

We know how much Renee loves to go strapless so she kept that feature along with the beaded bodice and tulle accent.

Whilst the dress is nice enough and event appropriate, I’m not a fan of the hair and make-up. It’s classic Renee, but a bit of red lippie never killed anyone.

Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ heels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com, Fly-net & AP

Pixie Lott In Christopher Kane - Chiltern Firehouse

Pixie Lott In Christopher Kane – Chiltern Firehouse

Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana - Nylon Magazine March Issue Party

Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana – Nylon Magazine March Issue Party

17 Responses to Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards

1. Terry March 11, 2011 at 13:04 #

Her hair here is a major letdown.

2. Adler March 11, 2011 at 13:07 #

I kinda like the dress, but she should have done something with her hair and make-up, and I like the shoes, but another shoes would have been better.

3. Lena March 11, 2011 at 13:33 #

She looks good but I’m bored to tears of her wearing CH, would it kill her to try something new? Not risky even just…. not CH! XD

4. Ethne Blist March 11, 2011 at 13:45 #

This look is so meh. It is just a strapless black dress with sequins on it.

5. Gigi March 11, 2011 at 14:00 #

Her hair ruins the whole look. It makes her look not just unkempt, but dirty. What a waste of a perfectly fine dress. Maybe she thinks she’s so fabulous she can pull off any look with her devil-may-care hair.

6. SarahV March 11, 2011 at 14:03 #

Nothing new, but she looks nice. I still wish she would gain a few pounds though, she looks so tired!

7. Maz March 11, 2011 at 14:05 #

Its a pretty dress…much prefer the runway version though…Rene doesn’t do it justice with the bland make-up and is it just me (or maybe its just a bad picture) or is she ageing badly? She was so freshfaced merely a few years ago and now….

8. molly March 11, 2011 at 14:28 #

I simply cannot comprehend why she continues to kill these beautiful dresses with a “no effort made whatsoever” finish on the hair and makeup. Once again, you could photoshop the head onto a body that was 20 miles into a marathon and it wouldn’t look at all out of place. You say it’s “classic Renee, ” FC – but I would say it’s just RECENT Renee. There was a time when she used to get it right and appeared to make an effort and care. Remember her yellow dress at the Oscars way back? Her hair and makeup were done to perfection.

9. candice March 11, 2011 at 14:41 #

met her in nyc recently. she is a sweetheart. i told her we are from the same town (we’re both from katy, texas!)

glad to see her respecting her roots.

luv her

CC

10. Rebecca March 11, 2011 at 15:46 #

This makes you wonder if she cares how she looks. Maybe she is tired of all this. One of the things I have always loved about Dolly Parton (fashion nightmare) is that she always wants her fans to see her looking what she considers to be her best–she thinks that is part of her job. Clearly Renee thinks differently.

11. dee March 11, 2011 at 15:50 #

I this beeter as a gown and her hair and makeup look bad.

12. Nat39 March 11, 2011 at 17:05 #

Awful hair and makeup. Although I like the length she chose, don’t really like the way the bustline was modified: it’s just a straight line on her while it’s sort of curvy on the model. Also the color, I prefer the slightly off-black runway version as it makes the beading pattern appear rather clear instead of blending into the dress.

13. serenissima March 11, 2011 at 17:24 #

boring. i detest that bare face

14. Tania March 11, 2011 at 17:32 #

I think this particular dress would look better on someone taller. I’m no make-up artist or hairdresser but I could have done her hair and make-up better than that!

15. Laura March 11, 2011 at 18:11 #

Really like the length but the shoes are so blah. It’s a nice look but it would be so much more memorable with a better pair of shoes. This is one of the few times that that length of dress works so well so kudos to Renee for that.

16. mochababe73 March 11, 2011 at 23:22 #

I love the dress in the shorter version.
    Don’t like the hair, make-up, or overall styling.

17. Jones19 March 13, 2011 at 23:20 #

The shortened version is boring and her hair is atrocious. Another fail for Reneé.