Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana – Nylon Magazine March Issue Party

Actresses Gillian Zinser and Kate Bosworth attended Nylon Magazine’s March Issue Celebration to celebrate Kate’s March cover at Hemingway’s in LA.

Gillian opted for a grungy chic look pairing khaki fringed pants with vintage tee, whereas Kate’s look wanted to be grungy chic but it was just chic.

She wore an embellished Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 lace mini dress without the knickerbockers presented on the runway.

This is the second time the actress has worn a look from this collection.

On this occasion she opted to wear black booties which I do not favour, but she was clearly trying to toughen up this look.

Mission unaccomplished because she still looks sweet and adorable, but it’s very surprising that her stylist would pick this look considering it has already been worn by Diane Kruger.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Atelier Versace Spring 2011

Atelier Versace Spring 2011

25 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana – Nylon Magazine March Issue Party

1. Alina March 11, 2011 at 15:16 #

Diane Kruger wore it better.

• Fashion Critic March 11, 2011 at 15:25 #

holy smokes, I thought I had seen it before.

thanks

2. nicky March 11, 2011 at 15:16 #

don’t love the boots at all…diane kruger wore the dress way better in my opinion. the look was even worse with the jacket…her hair and make-up is perfect and fresh as always though.

• Lee March 12, 2011 at 14:23 #

Are you kidding about her hair? It looks like she hasn’t washed it in days. Her makeup might be fresh, but she looks exhausted. Also, is she capable of standing up straight?

• nicky March 13, 2011 at 13:04 #

Well based on that picture alone, her hair looked nice in my opinion. Make-up does wonders on someone’s face so I won’t be surprised if she looks exhausted.

3. Hannah March 11, 2011 at 15:24 #

Gillian Zinser actually looks, literally, like a abg lady. I thought they dressed her pretty badly on 90210, but this is no comparisson. She is SO skinyn and has a great body and looks ogrgeous (face wise) on the show, with slightly, in a beachy way, enviable hair, so how she can look this bad and have lilac parts of her hair is beyodn me. She looks a mess.
    Kate is disappointing. I don’t like any of the thigns together, the length of this dress is making me more uncomfortable than cameron diaz’s oscar parties dress. I wasn’t a fan of the length on Diane but she wore it much better. I alos dislike her hair, it is too close to cornrows pour moi.

4. Ethne Blist March 11, 2011 at 15:34 #

Nylon is a magazine that shows kind of edgy-street wear non-girly fashion, so Kate wanted to go for that look. Gillian’s look is very Nylon Magazine fashion style. I hate it when people try to toughen up something so pretty.

5. Emi March 11, 2011 at 15:43 #

I like Kate, so cute, as always. G. Zinser is a mess, not edgy, a mess.

6. pam March 11, 2011 at 18:04 #

In the runway version is she wearing ruffled shorts or is it a petticoat? Both Diane and Kate look like they forgot their pants. Too bad because it is such a pretty pretty dress (top?).

• pam March 11, 2011 at 18:11 #

Oops sorry, missed the knickerbockers mention. So they did forget to wear pants! Also, is Kate’s the same as the runway or is she wearing a slightly different look. The sleeves, the silver trim and the lace at the bottom look a little different.

7. Laura March 11, 2011 at 18:08 #

2nd time around and I still don’t like this dress. Horrible shoe choice. Laughably bad.

Diane definitely wore it better. I don’t know if I’d call it better or just not as bad. I just don’t think the proportions of this dress look good on the red carpet.

8. Nat39 March 11, 2011 at 18:20 #

She should’ve worn black studded leather knickerbockers for a more convincing “toughened up” look.

• Fashion Critic March 11, 2011 at 18:34 #

good call

9. fashiongirl March 11, 2011 at 18:49 #

Hi! It’s actually not the same dress Diane Kruger wore! I love this Dolce&Gabbana collection but Kate is definitely wearing separates in other photos I’ve seen of her.

It looks like Look 78 from style.com!

xx

• Mel March 12, 2011 at 15:32 #

I agree. She’s wearing that top and skirt. I was starting to belive I was the only one who tought it was not what she was wearing ;-)

• Camilla March 12, 2011 at 16:59 #

You’re right, I didn’t think they were the same. Well done for digging up the picture!

10. rawda March 11, 2011 at 20:05 #

diane kruger looked way better in this dress

11. mochababe73 March 11, 2011 at 23:14 #

Gillian literally looks as though she got out of bed and rolled in the dirt before going to the event. This is grunge. It’s just plain grungy.
    Effortless dress actually requires effort.
    I’m not even going to comment on Kate. She is just dull, unexciting, and boring!!!

12. KateS March 12, 2011 at 01:44 #

I think Amanda Seyfried’s worn this too, and Scarlett Johannsson on the cover of Vogue China, but I’m yet to like it on any of them. It’s just too iceskater for me – I thought there were lots of more gorgeous, better proportioned looks in this collection.

13. T from Sydney March 12, 2011 at 02:19 #

One looks like a homeless bum and the other us just wearing a lace t-shirt.
    A total mess
    I’ve seen other pics if Kate the close up on her face, she looked really old.
    Hate the boots and jacket she wore with it

Diane wore it WAY better

Kate usually wears nice clothes but lately she’s been dressing for crap

14. mikeijames March 12, 2011 at 20:43 #

i love the way she toughens up this look. in a perfect world, i’d love to see her beak up the look with a belt, but i think she brought this look down to earth ina way that diane kruger did not.

this is how one should wear dolce and gabbana.

15. Rahel March 12, 2011 at 21:40 #

Super cute dress. I can’t stop looking at that.

16. mikeijames March 13, 2011 at 14:53 #

she also wore some sort of coat or army shirt over the dress….genius

17. Jones19 March 13, 2011 at 23:19 #

What is it with Kate and paring clunky ankle boots with everything? Hideous.

18. goldfish February 5, 2012 at 10:58 #

i just simply love gillian’s outfit.. i like messy, sloppy baglady style and this is just perfect. the fringy pants are great, the tee is rad and i love the bordeaux booties with the entire outfit.. grungy chicness at it’s best!