Celebrities Love…Christian Louboutin Daffodile Pumps

Celebrities love Christian Louboutin Daffodile pumps.

I love Louboutin’s as much as the next woman, but I don’t get the appeal of these particular shoes.

I guess that’s because I’m already 5ft 11ins, so I don’t need an extra 6.5 inches.

My other problem is that they are too heavy with all of the looks these celebrity has gone for.

Only Heidi Klum managed to make it her sparkly heels work with her look.

I guess it’s just not meant to be a red carpet shoe, or it’s better worn in a different colours.

‘Daffodile’ devottees Kim Kardashian and Beyonce Knowles have managed to make these heels work with what they are wearing whilst ‘off-duty.’

If you would like an extra 6.5inches you can check out these heels at Net-A-Porter US, Net-A-Porter International and Saks.com.

Credit: Zuma Press, PacificCoastNews, Fame Pictures & Getty

Atelier Versace Spring 2011

Atelier Versace Spring 2011

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

35 Responses to Celebrities Love…Christian Louboutin Daffodile Pumps

1. T. March 11, 2011 at 17:08 #

I agree with you FC, the Daffodile works better on the sidewalk!
    xx.

2. KaKa March 11, 2011 at 17:09 #

I’m not overly keen on these etiher.. I’m all for fab shoes but you need to feel fab to look fab, however all these celebs wearing them looks like they are about to topple over? hmm just me?

3. Hannah March 11, 2011 at 17:10 #

Despite the fact Lady Gaga probably wears these for slippers, what hope is there for any of us in these heels if Beyonce needs the support of her car whilst walking in hers?

4. Yaas March 11, 2011 at 17:24 #

Even though I am short, I am not so keen on these kind of heels (mostly Louboutin’s). I think they ruin the balance of your outfit ant not in a good way. And they are not beautiful at all.

• molly March 13, 2011 at 20:26 #

Yea, they are way to heavy for theese outfits. I think you need lots of ruffles or structure around your neck to properly wear theese things.

5. phuong March 11, 2011 at 17:53 #

I am not tall so I am a fan of CL because they give me the height I need (standing at 5’2″), but I am keen of these shoes neither and lots of CL shoe for that matter. I only like some of the classic shoes, while they give me the height I need, they are not at all comfortable even at 140mm, not to mention these new pumps are 160mm, I don’t know how anyone can walk in these shoes. That, and also they are too bulky for any pettite person who essentially would need the height the shoes provide.

6. Ju Aquino March 11, 2011 at 18:08 #

SO ugly IMO. :(

7. mol March 11, 2011 at 18:23 #

I agree with phuong that the hefty look of these shoes really makes any petite person look a bit silly. Yes, you get height, but also, if you are small, you end up looking like you have clodhoppers on your feet – the height you gain is cancelled out by this heavy pulling down effect of painfully giant looking feet. Taller people like Heidi fare better, although in my eyes these shoes are clumsy looking on anyone. If they can be hidden under a long gown or longer pants (as Mila Kunis wore this week) then maybe they are worth it….

8. robbie March 11, 2011 at 19:14 #

as biased as i will sound i think the only person who wears these well is kylie, she has been wearing them on her tour the strass versions. but on everyone else i just dont like them, they look so heavy.

9. Elena March 11, 2011 at 20:01 #

For the love of anything good, could the hidden platform go away?! Please?! I love pumps, and own a closet full of them, but I cannot get on the hidden platform train. Unfortunately, that seem all anyone wants to make now a days… I hope designers get over this obession somewhat soon.

• Linda March 11, 2011 at 21:08 #

Me too. Surely in five years people will think back to what dog ugly stuff they were wearing on their feet.

• mochababe73 March 11, 2011 at 23:02 #

Check out talkshoes.com. They have plenty of shoe reviews for the new collections. Plenty of platformless shoes coming up.

• june March 12, 2011 at 09:57 #

i totally agree. STOP MAKING EVEN HIGHER PLATFORM SHOES. i have ones which have a one inch hidden platform, but i’m never going any higher. for one, i value my ankles.

10. mochababe73 March 11, 2011 at 23:01 #

I can’t wear them due to flat feet and scoliosis.
    I am so glad to see the non-platform trend on the runway with either low/chunky heels. I just can’t wear platforms.

11. Denice March 11, 2011 at 23:29 #

This trend is not leaving anytime soon. The Christian Louboutin F/W 2011-2012 collection, will have plenty of more styles inspired from the Daffodile. There will be a bootie version and another pump version with thick heels, like Louboutin’s Bibi. Based on my observation, plenty of shoe trends are inspired from Christian Louboutin shoes and I would not be surprised to see imitations of this style coming from high-end to low-end designers.

12. smolls March 11, 2011 at 23:53 #

Holy hell those are some high heels…6.5 inches is CRAZY!! And they’re not cute…too much platform for my taste.

13. Crys March 11, 2011 at 23:54 #

Drag queen´s shoes!

14. Sonia March 12, 2011 at 00:46 #

Nine inch heels? And here I thought celebrities were insane for walking in 5-7 inch heels lol. The sad thing is that I’d only be 5’7 in them and probably break my ankle trying to take one step in them … I will never figure out how celebrities do it.

15. Alicat March 12, 2011 at 00:57 #

If you are short and wear shoes such as these you actually draw attention to the fact rather than making yourself look taller. Regardless, they are seriously ugly. I also value my ankles too much…

16. Grégory De Vos March 12, 2011 at 01:01 #

I really like the Daffodile but I think it’s the kind of risky shoes you can’t wear on the red carpet, especially in black. They work better in real life and in colours! My mother has got 2 pairs and says they’re really comfortable to walk with.
    According to me, the black version can be really great with black tights in order to stretch the leg. It depends of what you wear with these shoes…

About that debate about the hidden platform, I think they’re still there because they afford the designers to make shoes with higher heels but with a better confort than a classic Pigalle 120 mm pumps.

17. KateS March 12, 2011 at 01:39 #

I don’t like the proportions of the shoes themselves or the way they weigh down outfits on petite girls. Unless you’re about to dance around a pole, I really can’t imagine these being the best choice of all the wonderful shoes out there.

18. Emi March 12, 2011 at 08:01 #

The platform is too high, shoes shouldn’t overload a look. These shoes remind me the shoes worn by lap dancers, so I don’t like them because of that big platform.

19. Femme March 12, 2011 at 12:04 #

I don’t like the shoes, not especially not on Heidi Klum, it’s just cheap looking.

The turqoise ones look good on Beyonce, that’s it!
    The platform is too high, they overpower every look, Kim K tried to make her look more casual with the jeans, but the shoes just don’t fit quite well in that look

20. Adler March 12, 2011 at 12:30 #

I don’t like them, they are way too heavy. The sparkly ones are beautiful, they look good both with Heidi’s and Beyoncé’s looks.

21. CreoleLady March 12, 2011 at 12:53 #

Clodhoppers. Yuck. An example of taking a concept to a rather hazardous extreme. How does one look sexy with the gait such shoes force a wearer to adopt?

22. Ashley Spiker March 12, 2011 at 19:31 #

Just spotted Victoria Beckman debuting her pair of Daffodile’s today too; such a popular heel.

• Fashion Critic March 12, 2011 at 19:43 #

wow…she’s pregnant that’s got to be tricky

23. Olivia March 13, 2011 at 05:18 #

I honestly HATE these heels, especially the black version. Although I’m a huge fan of sky-high heels, these are not particularly appealing to me at all! They’re just ridiculously heavy. How the hell they are so popular. I mean, Christian Louboutin has way better shoes.

• Carolina March 22, 2012 at 15:11 #

They are sooo not heavy. I have a pair and they’re comfortable and gorgeous

24. gragriP. March 13, 2011 at 11:14 #

I totally agree with you!!! This shoes are really ugly, so heavy….I hate the black version and don’t make me start on the “glitter” one…..jeez….I can’t belive C.Louboutin made this shoes….

25. Rahel March 13, 2011 at 15:37 #

I can’t stand these shoes. Every time I see them I think WTF. They look ugly and I haven’t ever liked them for any outfit.

They’re human hoofs.

26. Alexandra March 13, 2011 at 19:20 #

still hideous. and tacky. I disliked them ever since i saw them. the black version is just atrocious.

27. cat April 19, 2011 at 03:36 #

I really dislike these pumps. The platform is ridiculous, heavy looking and clunky. They are as ugly as the Brian Atwood Maniac pumps and those triple platform Casadei shoes Jennifer Garner always wears.

28. Richard July 15, 2011 at 18:24 #

Hi Ladies, Just to disagree with most of you. I LOVE these shoes. They are incredibly sexy. OK so I don’t have to walk in them, but neither does my wife !!

29. printer July 25, 2012 at 13:10 #

Can I simply say what a comfort to find somebody that really understands what they’re talking about online. You actually realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people need to read this and understand this side of your story. It’s surprising you are not more popular since you definitely possess the gift.