10.03.11 Premiere

Michelle Rodriguez In Basil Soda – “Battle: Los Angeles” LA Premiere

I found myself very surprised by Michelle Rodriguez on the red carpet at the “Battle: Los Angeles” LA Premiere.

I was surprised because I didn’t hate the look.

Usually I dislike anything she wears mostly because she doesn’t have the grace to pull off most gowns or she pairs a leather jacket with everything.

On this occasion I feel like she really made an effort wearing a black Basil Soda gown despite wanting to take a pair of scissors to chop off that oversized padded shoulder.

Apart from the shoulder this look would’ve been more effective had she ditched the necklace.

I’ve never been a fan of necklaces with an asymmetrical neckline.

Credit: INFevents

Shailene Woodley In Jason Wu - ‘Trophee Chopard In Partnership With Variety Magazine’

Shailene Woodley In Jason Wu – ‘Trophee Chopard In Partnership With Variety Magazine’

Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture - "Jennifer Aniston" Mexico Fragrance Launch

Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture – “Jennifer Aniston” Mexico Fragrance Launch

13 Responses to Michelle Rodriguez In Basil Soda – “Battle: Los Angeles” LA Premiere

1. Adler March 10, 2011 at 21:03 #

I think the dress is really beautiful, but her styling lets her down…. I don’t like the hair and the necklace.
    The dress has already worn on the red carpet, a french singer called Shy’m wore it in january, here the pic FC

• Fashion Critic March 10, 2011 at 21:23 #

• Naomi March 10, 2011 at 22:04 #

That’s how Michelle should’ve styled it – Hair up, no necklace, keep it simple.

• Linda March 11, 2011 at 02:40 #

WOW! It looks like a totally different dress on Shy’m. A much, much nicer dress.

2. molly March 10, 2011 at 21:59 #

Ana Lucia!
    Wow…i’ve never seen her ouside of the island grundge that she rocked on Lost, and wow…shes so stunning!
    I really love the addition of the necklace. This dress needs color on the black backdrop.

3. Ethne Blist March 10, 2011 at 22:02 #

Hey- she obviously does not have a stylist. So this is a great step up for her. As everyone says, the necklace must go, but other than that and the meh black clutch, I think she looks great.

4. Marvel March 10, 2011 at 22:02 #

For a girl who usually wears jeans under floor length gowns I consider this a positive.

I really like the dress on her.

5. mochababe73 March 10, 2011 at 22:19 #

I would like the hair better if the shoulder detail was removed.
    The necklace wasn’t needed.
    But, all in all, Michelle looks beautiful.
    Not a word that I would have ever used with her.

6. Alicat March 11, 2011 at 00:48 #

There is too much going on around the neck/shoulder area what with the long hair, necklace and shoulder embellishment. With her hair worn up and sans necklace, she would have looked beautiful. This dress requires simplicity in all other departments.

7. Clare March 11, 2011 at 03:13 #

I think the shoulder detail would have been ok without the necklace. Necklaces with one shoulder dresses generally aren’t good. Simple earrings and perhaps a gold cuff on what I call the naked arm ( the one without the shoulder detail) would have been better. But she looks beautiful!x

8. Emi March 11, 2011 at 07:57 #

The dress itself is interesting but it’s been styled very bad, the necklace is a mistake, quite ugly and statement necklaces are for more simple dresses/clothes. The loose hair also is a wrong choice.

9. Jones19 March 11, 2011 at 11:14 #

I don’t like the styling but kudos to Michelle for going out of her comfort zone.

10. mohammad July 23, 2011 at 01:55 #