09.03.11 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lawrence Awards Season Look?

After a brief detour onto men’s editions of Who Wore It Better? we’re back to Awards Season polls.

My second favourite newcomer of the year was Jennifer Lawrence.

The “Winter’s Bone” nominated actress was totally fearless on the red carpet.

She favoured Oscar de la Renta and Prabal Gurung this season as she wore them both twice, but her most daring choice was her Louis Vuitton gown which was my favourite look from her this season.

Credit: Zuma Press, INFEvents & Getty

Airport Style: Victoria Beckham's Brian Atwood 'RZ' Boots

Airport Style: Victoria Beckham’s Brian Atwood ‘RZ’ Boots

Valentino Fall 2011

Valentino Fall 2011

21 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lawrence Awards Season Look?

1. The Dame March 9, 2011 at 10:20 #

By far the Bafta awards for me, I would die to own that dress!

2. aiyu March 9, 2011 at 10:32 #

this is easy for me – Calvin Klien Oscars.
    Clean, simple, hot!

3. CreoleLady March 9, 2011 at 10:51 #

The LV for sure. Yet I actually voted for AFI Gurung. Its athletic vibe was a surprise since I don’t associate Gurung with body-con. OK, confession – those stupendous strappy heels rather blinded me even to the beauty (and great shoes) of the LV look.

• june March 9, 2011 at 12:17 #

i voted for the gurung as well. the heels are to die for

4. Naomi March 9, 2011 at 10:56 #

Too bad there isn’t a ‘None of the above’ option.

5. Katey March 9, 2011 at 12:03 #

I like none of them…

6. Laura March 9, 2011 at 12:46 #

I chose the Oscar de la Renta from the SAG Awards. I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I love the color a ton.

• Iris March 9, 2011 at 14:31 #

ditto. this was one tough poll — but it’s great to see a celeb who isn’t an extension of one designer. i finally chose the one that caught my eye and wouldn’t let me look away.

• Tahj March 9, 2011 at 20:53 #

I like the celeb/one designer combinations though.

7. LizLemooooon March 9, 2011 at 13:19 #

I think she looked like a real bombshell in the Calvin Klein and I love Calvin Klein plus her hair was styled well for once but I went for the Louis Vuitton because of the way the dress is made.
    She’s a gorgeous girl, looking forward to seeing what she wears this year!

8. Vicky March 9, 2011 at 13:24 #

LV for the Globes is the only one that stands out for me and gets my vote.
    The Stella McCartney stands out for the wrong reasons, it’s a lovely gown but a wardrobe malfunction just waiting to happen.

9. Juliana Steill March 9, 2011 at 15:16 #

None appreciates her beauty. Who dresses this girl?

10. Gigi March 9, 2011 at 15:20 #

She is quite amazing. Didn’t she seem to age 10 years from photo 1 to the last photo? Someone so young who has such a grasp of her “style”. Some of Hollywood’s grand dames could learn a thing or two from her. Sure, she has a stylist, but they all do. She just has a terrific sense of style. What a group of photos! (Chose Oscars)

11. lee March 9, 2011 at 16:05 #

I wish we could ask a bunch of guys this. Gee, I wonder which dress they’d pick ;-)

12. Hannah March 9, 2011 at 18:23 #

Second favourite all awards season, after Hailee Steinfeld. I dislike the Bafta’s look, but other than that it was all gorgoues. I HAD to go for the LV gown, such a bold impact, especially on her first red carpet, was made with that stunning gown. She pulled it off effortlessly. I also loved the l’wren scott, the director’s guild gurung, the Oscars (gorgeous!) and ht eindie spirits, especially the hair and makeup!
    Cannot wait to see hr again soon on a red carpet.

13. Tahj March 9, 2011 at 20:51 #

I LOVED the Golden Globes dress. LOVED it. I was disappointed it didn’t get any coverage on the fashion shows, they just talked about other stars. I thought she was the stand out.

14. Clover March 9, 2011 at 22:24 #

Hey FC, I know you are the expert and you know which designers these are all from, but I can’t ever remember. Could I request that maybe you think about putting the name of the designer under where you write the name of the event they’re at? I’m learning a lot from your blog but I’m no expert like you are!
    Thanks xx

15. mochababe73 March 10, 2011 at 00:37 #

The Oscar de la Renta from the SAGs. Beautiful, stunning stand-out color.

16. msd March 10, 2011 at 00:53 #

I actually like it that the designer isn’t listed with the main photos. It encourages people to look at the outfits objectively, rather than just voting for the designer they love. (Although I suspect a lot of people do that anyway).The designers are still listed in the voting section so you can match them up to the photos without too much effort if you want to.

Anyway… I liked her DGA and Critic’s Choice dresses but her Globes dress was my fave too. I loved the flamenco vibe! No-one else wore anything like it at that event. I was underhwlemed by her Oscars outfit – nice but too familiar – and thought her hair looked as though it had been blow dried to death.

17. Ayesha March 11, 2011 at 10:43 #

definitely the calvin klien at the oscars!

18. rebecca June 5, 2011 at 15:39 #

Jen actually said herself that she loved the Louis Vitton dress. She said that it kept her warm all night and she even went to saying that she wanted to wear it again to the Oscars because it was so comfortable and it was her favorite. Although for me I prefer the Oscars because she looked so amazing and her hair and body look amazing.