Rashida Jones In Thakoon – “Monogamy” New York Screening

Rashida Jones attended the New York screening of “Monogamy” at the IFC Center earlier this week.

She wore a Thakoon Batik-print dress from the Fall 2011 collection, which is the first look we’ve seen from this collection on the red carpet.

Her sleeveless Batik floral print dress was paired with black tights and black lace up booties.

The tights and booties are not the surprise factor here; it’s the fact that she’s not wearing a blazer.

A blazer has very much become a part of Rashida’s staple red carpet style, so I’m surprised she didn’t work it into this look where it would’ve really worked well.

Her Thakoon appears to be slightly modified as the runway version has more of a tulip-shaped skirt and a peplum which I prefer.

Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

Florence Welch Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

Florence Welch Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

11 Responses to Rashida Jones In Thakoon – “Monogamy” New York Screening

1. Ethne Blist March 9, 2011 at 15:45 #

The dress’s print is dominating and busy, so I get the tights, but I would have like this look without them.

2. Leti March 9, 2011 at 15:57 #

Wow, I usually find something a little bit off in her looks, but I really like this one. I don’t mind the tights at all, especially for a winter’s night. It’s nice to see her showing off her figure a bit instead of covering up and wearing shapeless dresses.

3. Taylor March 9, 2011 at 17:19 #

I really like this look on her. Always love the fact that she never looks like she’s trying too hard.

4. Hannah March 9, 2011 at 18:00 #

This is waht they call ‘car-crash’ to me. NOTHING works except the dress. Everything is t war with eachother, the boots and tights should not ahve been there at all, the cuff doesn’t work with the dress, the earrings are ever so slightly off, and the ahir is horrendous. IT is really sad because I think the dress would ahve looked gorgeous on Rashida, especially with her colouring, but teh stylist, if there is one, should be fired stat.

5. dee March 9, 2011 at 20:14 #

I like this outfit on her.

6. Sharon March 9, 2011 at 22:51 #

Both the skirt and the neckline seem to be modified from the runway version, but I still like it. I like the tights and ankle boots too. In fact the only things I don’t like are the earrings and cuff bracelet.

7. KateS March 10, 2011 at 00:05 #

With a blazer and without the odd choice of cuff and earrings this would have been a great look on Rashida. As it is, it’s a nice dress that’s not really working for her.

8. mochababe73 March 10, 2011 at 00:12 #

I don’t like the tights or the booties. On this rare ocasion, I would have preferred that she wore black pumps.

9. Vanessa Teixeira March 10, 2011 at 02:34 #

I loved the pattern, but would remove the black socks

10. Nat39 March 10, 2011 at 05:23 #

Absolutely nothing works here. She looks horrible. The runway version of the dress has been modified into something plain/ordinary, and she managed to turn something light and fresh into a very heavy look. This is really bad.

11. Jones19 March 10, 2011 at 11:18 #

I’m not a fan of Rashida Jones, she really bores me and this is no exception. She took a gorgeous dress and made it plain.