09.03.11

Front Row @ Chanel’s Fall 2011 Presentation

With Blake Lively back in New York City filming ‘Gossip Girl’, Chanel had to rustle up a B Team to fill their front row yesterday.

Lily Allen made a welcome return to the front row wearing a green tweed Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 coat which she paired with a bright red Chanel quilted bag.

The other Brits in the front row were Florence Welch who managed to pick yet another floral floaty dress from the Chanel Spring 2011 collection.

Alexa Chung wore a cream long sleeve mini dress with grey tights and black pumps, and Welsh singing sensation Duffy opted for a tweed Chanel shift dress which she managed to make look like a Zara copy.

Clemence Poesy oozed Parisian chic in the front row wearing a black and white tweed jacket, grey top and black flared skirt.

Emma Roberts and Anna Wintour made up the Americans support in the front row.

Emma opted for the cutest most adorable baby blue Chanel dress from the Spring 2011 collection, whilst Anna did wear a look from the host on this occasion.

Her floral printed colour dress – which she paired with her favourite satin boots – is from the Spring 2011 collection.

It looks like she had it modified so the leather jacket has a fur trim.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

29 Responses to Front Row @ Chanel’s Fall 2011 Presentation

1. J March 9, 2011 at 12:08 #

I’m impressed. Emma wears it so much better than the model, whose body type seems to be all kinds of wrong for this dress. Duffy’s shoulders look way too broad in this shift dress, and the ballerina flats are not helping balance the situation.
    I have to say, although I adore Florence, that I absolutely detest her shoe choice. Anna Wintour, and I am probably the only one, I will never get. I’ve always found her styling apalling. Clemence looks soooo cool, I wish I could pull that off. I’m not about to go into this Alexa Chung person. Finally, I am in lust with Lilly’s coat.

• jessica March 9, 2011 at 12:58 #

yes! to all the above

• Linda March 9, 2011 at 15:18 #

Ditto

• Clover March 9, 2011 at 22:21 #

“this Alexa Chung person” haha, so eloquent :-)

2. M March 9, 2011 at 12:23 #

emma roberts is my favourite here… she looks good!

3. Danika March 9, 2011 at 12:43 #

Lily, Clemence and Emma look the best. FC, isn’t that the same Chanel dress Amanda Seyfried is wearing on the non-subscriber cover of Marie Claire? She really does wear it better than the model, and Clemence looks fantastic! Duffy…fails to inject any life into this shift.

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2011 at 12:51 #

yes it is the same

4. Sasha March 9, 2011 at 12:46 #

isn’t Anna british?

Emma looks great, she looks like a goth ice princess

5. Ethne Blist March 9, 2011 at 13:57 #

Why is Emma Roberts at these event??? Auntie Julia? Clemence Posey is overrated. Her look is meh. So what if she is French- it doesn’t mean she is chic.

• Anita March 9, 2011 at 14:49 #

Lol although I like CP, I find it annoying that Parisian/French girls seem to instantly get more “cred” just for being “French”. Same for us Brits too lol. I think the industry, Americans especially are fascinated by most things European ( mainly UK/France) so are sometimes more forgiving and biased to instantly labelling it as e.g “Parisian chic” etc. rather than just OK.

Love Lily Allen’s coat! Still think she’s a bit chavvy but shes come a long way from her Mockney days.

Although I’m baffled as to why Emma Roberts is there, she looks good. But love the dress more than her in it lol.

• Nat39 March 10, 2011 at 05:08 #

Clemence P. – def. overrated, quite ordinary, no chic of any kind.
      Love that cute dress on Emma.
      And while Duffy is trying to look all girlie, Florence W. with her long floral dresses seems to be determined to look like a 50 (or so) year-old flashing her underwear in a desperate attempt to attract attention.

6. Alina March 9, 2011 at 14:06 #

I love Emma’s look.

7. luiza maia March 9, 2011 at 14:43 #

oh, i think i have a crush on Clemence. i’m always loving what she’s wearing. her looks are so simple and chic at the same time and she’s never trying too hard.
    but, of course, this time Emma is the best. i think is her best look in months

8. Thomas Monks March 9, 2011 at 15:18 #

fc i think that the fur is a collar that is movable cuz isnt it the same as the one she wore to the kors party with the balenciaga drePr

9. dee March 9, 2011 at 15:39 #

I only really like Clemence and Lily Allen’s outfits.

• mol March 9, 2011 at 17:09 #

Ditto

10. robbie March 9, 2011 at 16:08 #

uggh lily “chav” allen ruins yet another nice piece of chanel, what does karl see in her anyway? does he want chavs to shop at chanel. emma is the only one who looks remotely good, duffy is short but that dress makes her look even shorter.

11. Taylor March 9, 2011 at 17:17 #

A great look for Emma.

12. Hannah March 9, 2011 at 18:20 #

The only three I really noticed were Duffy’s Emma’s and Clemences. I hate Duffy’s it is unflattering, ill fitting and cheap looking, why would she wear flat black pumps? The bows don’t even look properly done up on them. I loved Emma’s dress adn the modification on the tiers nad skirt and lwoe robdice formthe runway, but I really cannto get on board with her hair, it looks greay-ish adn plastic and wierd, I hate hte colour, I also dislike her makeup or her shoes. I adore Celemnce’s head-to-toe, she is, for me, the new chanel girl, like a new Vanessa Paradis. Why Karl chose Lily or Blake over her I do not get.

• AHOT March 9, 2011 at 23:38 #

it’s all about the hype & exposure. Blake & Lily are more famous, so their fanbase will more likely buy chanel because they wear it.
      The french also already love chanel the institution so…

13. sweetjess98 March 9, 2011 at 19:08 #

Emma Roberts looks Great!
    she is my favorite one here.

14. heather March 9, 2011 at 20:21 #

I’m starting to find Ms. Chung’s obsession with constantly dressing like a 10 year old girl rather disturbing.

15. katch March 9, 2011 at 22:09 #

Anna looks good. And I’m happy she wore Chanel to a Chanel event. Gotta show some respect to the brand that started the fashion movement.

16. AHOT March 9, 2011 at 23:35 #

“a tweed Chanel shift dress which she managed to make look like a Zara copy” dead! i can’t

17. rodrigo March 10, 2011 at 00:48 #

i think what we all liked about emma was just the dress, not her or the styling!!! hate the shoes and make up

18. asherlev1 March 10, 2011 at 02:22 #

Emma’s dress is so gorge! Lol, she always picks really great clothes, I feel, but I always end up thinking that if someone else had worn them, they would have added that extra oomph.

19. Emi March 10, 2011 at 08:42 #

I only like Emma Roberts and Clemence Posey. Alexa Chung looks a like a scholargirl, what’s her problem with hairbrush? I think Emma is there because of her aunt but also because she’s a cute fresh girl, she’s young but she has good taste for clothes. It’s undeniable that european women have, in general, a refined taste for clothes. I wrote in general because of course there’re many many women so terribly dressed. But fashion was born here centuries ago.

20. bibi March 10, 2011 at 17:08 #

Alexa and Clemence are the only ones who look like they’re not trying.
    That’s what real style is.

21. Jess March 13, 2011 at 18:19 #

I’ve never seen Florence in such a horrible outfit before. It is just so busy, middle-aged, and with a horrible print. Normally I’d kill to wear the dresses she owns…..not this time!