09.03.11

Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

As I made my way to my seat for the Valentino Fall 2011 presentation in Paris yesterday, the first person who caught my eye was Fan Bing Bing.

She looked stunning as always and on this occasion she opted to wear a red cropped wig.

The Asian actress showcased her new (temporary) do wearing a red ruffled Valentino dress from the Pre-Fall 2011 collection.

Her head-to-toe red hot look also included red pumps, a taupe clutch and a black fascinator.

For those of you who think Fan Bing Bing is too perfect and say that her look is too contrived, I think once again she proves that she doesn’t take herself too seriously and that she loved to have fun with fashion.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

36 Comments
Tess Daly In MaxMara - 2011 TRIC Awards

Tess Daly In MaxMara – 2011 TRIC Awards

Rashida Jones In Thakoon - "Monogamy" New York Screening

Rashida Jones In Thakoon – “Monogamy” New York Screening

36 Responses to Fan Bing Bing Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2011

1. Ethne Blist March 9, 2011 at 14:03 #

This is more weird to me than anything else. I miss my elegant Fan. I also don’t like her matching heels and clutch. Gosh that wig is so weird. She kind of has a faerie quality to her.

2. tristanwang March 9, 2011 at 14:08 #

She looks stunning as always, she did looked has fun with fashion however I think it’s a little way too much “gaga” on her latest dressing. And I do think this red cropped wig is a tad heavy on her overall style.

3. Iris March 9, 2011 at 14:35 #

with a face like that, it takes a lot of doing to look away! she’s so gorgeous. had never heard of her before your blog, FC, and now i look forward to every post that she features in — a shout-out to RCFA for that!

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2011 at 14:44 #

Thanks sweets

4. Jimmy March 9, 2011 at 14:39 #

Personally I love how perfect she ususally looks but for me her past two outings have been major mistakes. Both times she has looked like she is in costume. Fashion should be fun but I am just not having fun with her right now. But I do hope she is enjoying herself because ultimately your fashion should make you happy.

5. charlotte March 9, 2011 at 14:40 #

just saw this new from a website of China and here i go happy to find the resource. do you realise that they quote your comments a lot?

• Fashion Critic March 9, 2011 at 18:30 #

Sadly I’m not surprised

6. Thomas Monks March 9, 2011 at 14:45 #

i do not like this wig and think she should stick to her classic glamour%Pr

7. JKite March 9, 2011 at 14:50 #

i really dislike her. Im not sure why, i just really dont like her style.

8. Manel March 9, 2011 at 15:13 #

fabulous

9. Linda March 9, 2011 at 15:13 #

I like her last two looks. Clearly she can do elegant and she can do fun and frivolous too.

10. Alyssa March 9, 2011 at 15:14 #

love this girl! she’s like a perfect little porcelain doll with really cute outfits and accessories.

11. ellen March 9, 2011 at 15:34 #

i like the wig! its fun :)

12. dee March 9, 2011 at 15:36 #

I don’t like the wig or head piece. Everything else is great.

• Clover March 9, 2011 at 22:19 #

I think they’re cute, but I’m wondering if she had to hold her head on that wierd angle becuase of the headpiece!

13. mm March 9, 2011 at 15:43 #

Ok Fan dont get Rihanna on us! I do love the look

14. Nia March 9, 2011 at 15:58 #

Not her best look, but I quite like this overall. I think she carries off the wig and headpiece because the dress and rest of the outfit is very demure.

15. Leti March 9, 2011 at 16:01 #

She looks beautiful as always, but that wig clashes with that dress.

16. robbie March 9, 2011 at 16:14 #

the red hair looks good but that the wig should have been different. as for that growth or pom pom whatever it is on her hair, someone pleaseeeeeee yank it on her head! dont like the red shoes or that heavy clutch.

17. Victoria March 9, 2011 at 17:56 #

It’s fun! It’s fashion! And yet, overall it’s still very elegant and to me, very her. :) I like it! Go Fan bing bing!

18. Hannah March 9, 2011 at 18:03 #

The hair is horrendous, first off, thankyou so much for sayign it was temporary, not a fan at all. Her outfit though is gorgeous. I think she always looks as clsoe to flawless as possible, and ahs probably the best red carpet track record I can think of, besides the classics.
    I never find ehr contrived, I think she is jsut so naturally elegant and poised and it really comes through with ehr style, but I am so glad she has a sense of humour and bravery with fashion too!
    I hope you had a lovely time at the show and that paris is beter for you this season than last, witht he apple and hotel issues!

19. anna March 9, 2011 at 20:19 #

the lady in red! hehehe
    she looks beautiful, although i’m not sure about the hair.
    This dress is so cute!

20. Sarah March 9, 2011 at 21:55 #

In the minority here, clearly, but j’adore! Fun, flirty but not saccharine – it has a little bit of edge to it. Without the fascinator I think I would have found it beautiful, but a little boring.

21. Sharon March 9, 2011 at 22:56 #

I’m not crazy about the wig and hat (?), but that beautiful face takes center stage anyway. I like the dress and love the shoes.

22. AHOT March 9, 2011 at 23:32 #

Now this i like! So much more relaxed, not at all like a dead doll. She is having fun & one can tell

23. Carolina March 9, 2011 at 23:45 #

• Nat39 March 10, 2011 at 01:26 #

NO from me as well. There is a difference between having fun with fashion and looking awful/ridiculous. Beautiful face though.

24. jen March 9, 2011 at 23:47 #

i saw a pic where she has her eyeglasses on, that was cute, she’s definitely having fun playing dress-up!

25. mochababe73 March 10, 2011 at 00:23 #

I love the head to toe red. But, Valentino red is the best ever.
    I don’t like the wig, but I do love the hair piece. While I am not fond of the hair, I get why she wore so that one could see the detail of the hair piece.

26. nicky March 10, 2011 at 06:56 #

the hair is ever so questionable…she doesn’t pull off quirky i’m afraid. she should stick to her glamorous look. the dress is beautiful though

27. Emi March 10, 2011 at 08:33 #

She’s so cute here, she’s classy so she can pull off something new and funny. I saw a blog with something like that on her head and she looked quite ridiculous because she did on purpose to catch attention, which is sad.

28. Jones19 March 10, 2011 at 11:21 #

I love it. She looks so perfect, like a porcelain doll.

29. D March 10, 2011 at 11:28 #

wig colour clash with dress colour, dont like the hat(?) either.

30. mari March 10, 2011 at 14:39 #

she’s so pretty she can do no wrong.
    i love how in a way she’s channeling some 60’s vibe. Love the wig, she can change up her looks without really cutting her own.

31. Hellwafashion March 12, 2011 at 14:19 #

Agree with Iris & I love how interesting she is to watch.

32. Christ Wei May 13, 2011 at 06:12 #