Carina Lau and Shu Qi attended the Polyface Entertainment Media Group official launch recently.

Whist they both opted for Roger Vivier pumps, they opted for very different looks.

Carina wore a very cute Jonathan Saunders Resort 2011 dress.

Her mini dress has a multicoloured graphic floral-print bodice and sheer sleeves. It’s a cute directional take on ladylike style.

Knowing these two ladies I would’ve expected Carina to wear this Gucci Spring 2011 dress and Shu Qi to opt for the cuter Jonathan Saunders dress.

But Shu Qi wore the bold Gucci dress with the block colours, gold obi belt and plunging neckline.

The only thing that lets Shu Qi down is her gold Roger Vivier pumps. This shoe deserves a strappy sandal and I think she should’ve worn her hair back with this look.

I prefer Shu Qi dress, but I prefer Carina’s overall look and styling.

Credit: Style.com, NYMag & Vogue

In Carina Lau's Closet - Jonathan Saunders Briar stretch-crepe dress

In Carina Lau’s Closet – Jonathan Saunders Briar stretch-crepe dress

Giambattista Valli Fall 2011

Giambattista Valli Fall 2011

9 Responses to Carina Lau In Jonathan Saunders & Shu Qi In Gucci – Polyface Entertainment Media Group Launch

1. Erika March 8, 2011 at 09:57 #

Emma Watson wore something very similar to the Jonathan Saunders dress at the Reception for London Fashion Week .. but with black tights and shoes :D The horror!

• Fashion Critic March 8, 2011 at 10:01 #

indeed :D

• Ann March 8, 2011 at 13:05 #

Emma wore exactly the same dress at that event.
      She looked fine but I hated that like you said she paired it with black tights and shoes.

2. Ethne Blist March 8, 2011 at 13:30 #

I agree with you FC. But Carina’s dress needed to be fitted more in the bodice like the runway. It makes her appear wider than we all know she really is. Our gal Shu was going for a sexy look- that explains the hair. When she wears Valentino or Armani gowns she always puts her hair up. She was just going for a different look I think. The shoes are awkward with Shu’s look. Carina’s shoes are cute with her dress.

3. mol March 8, 2011 at 22:16 #

Love Carine Lau’s look – the shoes are a great complement to the dress.

• KateS March 8, 2011 at 23:51 #

I agree – the shoes make it work.

4. mochababe73 March 9, 2011 at 00:17 #

I don’t like the Jonathan Saunders dress, but I love those heels.
    The Gucci dres is sexy, and I like it.
    I agree about the shoes. They would be better served with a black pencil skirt. Not a sexy, Gucci dress.

5. Marika March 9, 2011 at 00:58 #

Chanel Iman wore head-to-toe Gucci S/S 11 during Milan Fashion Week. I think Chanel would win in a Who Wore It Better poll against Shu Qi :)

6. D March 10, 2011 at 12:24 #