Amber Heard In Michael Kors – Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

We haven’t seen much of Amber Heard on the red carpet lately, but she was in Paris last night attending the Michael Kors’ 30th anniversary dinner at the US Ambassador’s Residence.

She wore a suntan Michael Kors Fall 2011 ensemble.

The look consists of a bodysuit, a pleated skirt and an asymmetric belt.

Michael Kors Fall 2011 mirrored platform sandals and a gold clutch completed the look.

On this rare occasion I think I would’ve preferred the black version on Amber.

I’m not sure if it’s the contrast of this picture or the colour of this look, but Amber is looking a tad washed out.

This colour looked better on Gwyneth Paltrow at the Vanity Fair Oscar party because the actress had a sun-kissed glow.

Did Amber make the right choice?

Do you think she should’ve opted for the black version?

Credit: Style.com & Courtesy of Michael Kors

Anna Wintour In Balenciaga - Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

Anna Wintour In Balenciaga – Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

Mary J Blige In Michael Kors - Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

Mary J Blige In Michael Kors – Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

23 Responses to Amber Heard In Michael Kors – Michael Kors 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner

1. Hisadora March 8, 2011 at 15:07 #

OMG…. Isabeli Fontana looks fantastic on the runaway… Amber looks REALLY washed out and her hair and make up are a total disaster!!

• noo March 8, 2011 at 15:38 #

my thoughts exactly, when i first saw this look it blew me away and amber just didn’t do it justice!!

2. Suz March 8, 2011 at 15:22 #

The hair and makeup are awful. She looks like Sharon Stone in this photo, and I don’t think that’s a good thing b/c I’m sure she’s much younger than Sharon Stone.

• mm March 8, 2011 at 16:09 #

lol. she does look like sharon stone. i prefer the black color

• Jones19 March 9, 2011 at 11:04 #

First thing I thought of was Sharon Stone.

• manja March 9, 2011 at 14:29 #

me too,and no it’s not a good thing

3. LizLemooooon March 8, 2011 at 15:22 #

Ohhhh I really love her so this look disappoints me but I don’t think she’s any paler than Gwyneth was at the Grammys in fact Gwyneth looked like all the blood had been drained from her face!
    Anyway I think her pose is fierce, the heels are sweet and the red lips are great but the hair, the colour of the dress are just a mess.

4. Nia March 8, 2011 at 15:31 #

I definitely think the black version is so much better.

5. Ethne Blist March 8, 2011 at 15:37 #

No I actually like the tan version. The lightening could change the color of her look. I love her red lips and her heels are good. The black version is so meh.

6. Lila March 8, 2011 at 15:39 #

Her skin appears blotchy and the colour of the dress magnifies it. I associate Michael Kors with sun-kissed skin. She needs a glow and pared down make-up.

7. robbie March 8, 2011 at 15:41 #

if she had better hair and make-up it would have been fine.

8. luiza maia March 8, 2011 at 15:42 #

i loooove this dress on Isabeli, she looks awesome. but this color on amber completely washes her out. and the hair is a total mess.

9. Vicky March 8, 2011 at 15:43 #

Her makeup looks very 1980s. Not good. She almost looks unrecognizable.

10. Emi March 8, 2011 at 16:38 #

Yes, she should have opted for black. I know that runway is a very different thing, but, a split like that needs a different complexion, I don’t know, a bit healthier, that’s why black would have been better, this color washes her out. What about glowing moisturising body lotion?

11. Nat39 March 8, 2011 at 16:53 #

She looks horrible. I don’t think she could pull off this ensemble in any color. The model is just wow!

12. Naomi March 8, 2011 at 18:38 #

Oh, so bad.
    Nude color needs to match your skin not only in shade, but in hue.
    Her skin has a pink hue, and the nude dress has a yellowish undertone – Combined it’s a disaster.

13. dee March 8, 2011 at 18:54 #

The nude isn’t bad on her but the black would have been better because it would have more of an impact.

14. Hannah March 8, 2011 at 19:44 #

I really loved this look and was genuinely hopign for it to be rocked on teh red carpet (I half expected, and still want JenAn to wear it) but she needed a tan and a proper hair and makeup artist. She looks liek madonna from way back when.

15. Sharon March 8, 2011 at 19:57 #

I was kind of liking her hair and makeup until someone compared her to Sharon Stone, LOL. I think the black dress would have looked much better on Amber. I didn’t think the color did much for Gwynneth either.

16. T. Rolla March 8, 2011 at 21:17 #

Only the hair doesn’t work for me. Otherwise I like it.

17. Allywan March 8, 2011 at 23:29 #

Black, nude….doesn’t matter. From the neck up she’s a wreck.

18. KateS March 8, 2011 at 23:47 #

I think that ‘suntan’ colour is very tricky for fair-skinned women – it’s obviously not working here, and I didn’t like it on Gwynneth, either. It just doesn’t work if there’s any pink in the wearer’s skintone.
    Of course, it doesn’t help here that the model looked so smoking hot on the runway – it was always going to be hard to be compared to that!

19. mochababe73 March 8, 2011 at 23:50 #

I don’t really wear black, but I think that she should have worn it. In this color, the dress loses its sex appeal.