Who Wore Givenchy Better? Kanye West or Liv Tyler

I never thought I would be featuring a Who Wore It Better? post with Kanye West again so soon after yesterday’s post, but here we have him again wearing another Givenchy menswear look which Liv Tyler also wore.

They both arrived at the Givenchy Fall 2011 womenswear show during Paris Fashion Week yesterday wearing the same Givenchy Fall 2011 menswear Rottweiler sweater.

Kanye kept his look street by pairing his sweater with a black bomber jacket, leather pants and Ann Demeulemeester high-top sneakers.

Liv was as sweet as ever pairing her sweater with a Givenchy Resort 2011 black blazer, tights and black sandals.

There is nothing sexier than a woman transforming a menswear look into a womenswear.

I love how the oversized sweater becomes sweater dress for the actress.

Liv wins by a very long way for me.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Diane Kruger or Kate Bosworth

19 Responses to Who Wore Givenchy Better? Kanye West or Liv Tyler

1. Ethne Blist March 7, 2011 at 19:35 #

I think they both look like a mess. What is up with Liv Tyler and evil tights? Red heels would have been a good sexy touch.

• dee March 7, 2011 at 21:09 #

I am with you on this one. They both look bad.

2. justme March 7, 2011 at 19:35 #

Maybe it’s the Kanye fan in me but I voted for him. Mainly because Liv could’ve done way more with it. I love the fact that she turned a menswear piece into a womanswear one but I’m unimpressed by how she did it. Too much black going on :(

3. Alexandra March 7, 2011 at 19:35 #

noooo… this is NOT a dres and it’s so obvious! WAY too short. i never thought Liv may look trashy!

• Jones19 March 8, 2011 at 11:33 #

I agree. This shirt is way too short for her to pull it off as a dress. I voted for Kanye.

4. Anissa March 7, 2011 at 19:40 #

I’d love to give this win to Liv but the top/dress is just too short. It’s a case of where are her pants…

5. Nat39 March 7, 2011 at 19:42 #

Nope, sorry, there has been NO transformation – an oversized sweater is still a sweater on Liv. And tights are NOT PANTS and wearing them as such is a very bad idea.

6. Matt March 7, 2011 at 20:31 #

Really? Liv is trying to make it a dress and to add insult, she wore tights as well, just wrong. Kanye wins for me

7. LizLemooooon March 7, 2011 at 20:43 #

YEEZY wins always and forever. I refuse to acknowledge people who treat tights/leggings as trousers and sorry FC but I don’t think Liv did much with her look.
    I’m big Kanye fan but I really do prefer his look and he’s giving it much more attiutde, it seems more effortless on him,
    As for those who will vote against him just because it’s him…haters gonna hate! ; p

8. Gigi March 7, 2011 at 21:21 #

It’s a hideous shirt and they both look awful. Settled.

• msd March 8, 2011 at 06:48 #

Exactly. It’s not just hideous, it’s boring too. Replace the dog with a crocodile and you’ve got Christopher Kane’s Topshop collection from two years ago…. zzzzz

They both get a fail because if it wasn’t Givenchy they wouldn’t be caught dead wearing it.

9. Emi March 7, 2011 at 21:35 #

I voted for Liv, even if she forgot to wear a skirt. This sweater is so ugly, anyway. Givenchy made something so ugly, for real?

10. WendyB March 7, 2011 at 23:04 #

It’s so appropriate that Liv’s dad’s song “Dude Looks Like a Lady” is running through my mind right now!

11. KateS March 7, 2011 at 23:20 #

I hate this sweater so much I don’t think I could have voted in favour of it, even had one of them made it look good.
    If it was a vote for ‘who wore it worse’, I’d vote for Liz. She’s too tall to pull this off as a sweater dress, and it just reads as pantlessness. Not chic.

12. mochababe73 March 8, 2011 at 02:56 #

Neither.
    Kanya looks a boiling, hot mess.
    Liv kinda looks like she forgot her pants.

13. Ally March 8, 2011 at 07:39 #

I think she needd pants. I’m sorry, but she does. So, my vote is for the one wearing some. Hideous sweater, anyway.

14. mikeijames March 8, 2011 at 10:06 #

i love that liv took this look on. in my book, she looks too-cool-for-school, but i do think kanye wore the look as the designer intentioned so he gets my vote. plus, i love that even his entourage rocks givenchy (as you can see in the background).

15. Carolina March 8, 2011 at 12:47 #

where’s the pants?

16. Sharon March 8, 2011 at 19:38 #

I hate this sweater so much that I think anyone who wears it is a loser. It looks like an advertisement for Michael Vick’s dog fights.