Florence Welch In Chanel – Chanel Dinner Party

Florence Welch joined her BFF Blake Lively in Paris this weekend to celebrate her becoming the face to the Chanel ‘Mademoiselle’ bag.

The British singer opted for a black sheer Chanel Spring 2011 coat dress.

She’s not wearing Couture, but her look is more chic and way more sophisticated then her friends look.

What is particularly refreshing about this look is that it’s black (bet you never thought you’d hear me say that).

Florence has worn so many nude and neutral colours lately that it’s nice to see her in something different yet in keeping with unique style.

A Chanel ombre necklace completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Carina Lau In Jonathan Saunders & Shu Qi In Gucci - Polyface Entertainment Media Group Launch

Carina Lau In Jonathan Saunders & Shu Qi In Gucci – Polyface Entertainment Media Group Launch

20 Responses to Florence Welch In Chanel – Chanel Dinner Party

1. ShoeGal March 7, 2011 at 18:06 #

I like the dress,it suits her. I just wish she would do more things with her hair. It’s always the same. Looks like she got caught in the rain and left it that way. On another note Lively needs to go away for a long while,so terribly sick of seeing her face.

• Emma March 7, 2011 at 19:37 #

Agree with everything you said. But the last thing will sadly not happen.

• molly March 8, 2011 at 01:41 #

I like her hair, but yea ,its always the same. Its kind of like Taylor Swift, its pretty, but she always does it so it looses the effect. And I couldnt agree more with the Blake Lively comment.

• Jones19 March 8, 2011 at 11:41 #

Yes why oh why is her hair always always always the same style? Boooring. Dress looks gorge on her though.

• Pan March 8, 2011 at 16:00 #

Because she always dresses the same???? I’ve never seen her in anything apart from long dresses with long sleeves with collar up to her chin. It’s getting waaay too much for me. It’s like her uniform.

No one seems to bother here, except me of course.

2. zoe March 7, 2011 at 18:25 #

florence looks awesome! and you know what i just realized…she and blake look very much a like. maybe their bodies are not the same but their faces are very similar.

• Thomas Monks March 7, 2011 at 22:25 #

they could be sisters they look so alike

3. Ethne Blist March 7, 2011 at 18:33 #

Florence Welch should be nominated for Best Dressed of the Year. She outshines SO many fellow starlets. I LOVE her hairstyle here and the flaming red with the black.

4. luiza March 7, 2011 at 18:33 #

I looooooooooooooooove it! She looks much better than the model in this dress.

5. JacobGH March 7, 2011 at 18:35 #

Wow! Florence looks amazing. Can i nominate her for an early BDOTW? When is SHE getting a Chanel dinner in her honor?

6. Hannah March 7, 2011 at 19:01 #

Urgh totally showng Blake up. Totally. She looks increidble and chic, as opposed to her friend who is slightly confused california girl. Comparitively I would be much happier ringing in Florence as the face of the new line. I almost wish that blake and florence had switche ddresses but I don’t think Blake could have pulled Florence’s look off unfortunately. I really love this new chiffon/sheer long sleeved long, straight(ish) dress thing florence has been doign recently, bu tI still hope she gets back to her wonderful elie saab creations soon!

7. Alexandra March 7, 2011 at 19:31 #

absolutely different, but equally stunning. these girls prove that there’s no such thing as universal, one type of beauty. love them both!

8. Emma March 7, 2011 at 19:36 #

She looks really good. But the pic at the bottom of the post is so unnecessary. We get bombarded with enough Blake pics elsewhere.

9. justme March 7, 2011 at 19:38 #

It may be black but it’s still the same old type of dress. Florence is a newcomer (to me) and her style is already getting redundant.
    She still looks better than Blake though but let’s not get into that.

• Rita March 8, 2011 at 11:46 #

I thought I was the only one noticing that… She keeps wearing the same type of dress but with different patterns and colours. Already bored…

10. Emi March 7, 2011 at 21:38 #

Karl, please, change your mind, Florence Welch would be a better ambassador.

11. Ev March 7, 2011 at 23:34 #

I think that Florence is a much better fit for Chanel clothes than Blake. Even wearing a floor-length black dress she outshines Blake in her silver, shining mini dress.

12. mochababe73 March 8, 2011 at 02:59 #

I actually thinks that she looks better than Blake and the model. I love her hair and the look is just styled perfectly.

13. Rita March 8, 2011 at 03:14 #

love the dress but next time she should do something different with her hair

14. Sharon March 8, 2011 at 19:44 #

I think Florence looks terrific just the way she is. Her cool makes Blake look like she’s trying way too hard. I’d love to see Florence in BDOTW. (Every time I see Florence lately it makes me think she’s the good twin and Kathy Griffin is the evil twin.)