07.03.11

Essence Atkins In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 NAACP Image Awards

One-Of-A-Kind Award
Essence Atkins arrived at the 2011 NAACP Image Awards wearing a one-of-a-kind Jean Fares Couture gown.

The “Are We There Yet?” actress sparkled on the red carpet in a silver sequin one shoulder gown, with hints of bronze sequins on the shoulder and side of the gown.

It’s a nice enough gown, but I’m far from being wowed by this look.

The gown wants to be dramatic, but it’s doesn’t quite get there.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Jo Whiley In Stella McCartney - Ivor Novello Awards

Jo Whiley In Stella McCartney – Ivor Novello Awards

Carrie Underwood In Jean Fares Couture - 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Carrie Underwood In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

11 Responses to Essence Atkins In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 NAACP Image Awards

1. Ethne Blist March 7, 2011 at 17:14 #

The theme of today is sequins. And bling. We can’t be that surprised. The gown looks great on her though!

2. Jones19 March 7, 2011 at 17:37 #

I have no idea who this woman is but kudos to her on picking an amazing dress. I would so wear that.

• everybody;s russian May 10, 2011 at 09:02 #

Essence Atkins is a TV actress most famous for her role in the sitcom Half n Half :-)

3. Giuseppi March 7, 2011 at 17:37 #

looks a little bit like aluminum foil…but the sparkle is nice

• Vicky March 7, 2011 at 19:33 #

My first thought too.

• Nat39 March 7, 2011 at 19:33 #

It does look like she is wrapped in aluminum foil. And the hints of bronze sequins look more like stains. Failed attempt at being dramatic, indeed.

4. shap_half March 7, 2011 at 17:50 #

I’m very rarely grossed out by what people wear, but this really is a big mess to me. From the hair and the clutch to the jewelry and the weird-looking eyebrows, this just looks really wrong, because she looks like she’s trying really hard to telegraph this glamorous diva look, and failing miserably.

End rant.

5. Gigi March 7, 2011 at 17:55 #

I don’t know who she is but I love her look. The dress is gorgeous, and I love her beatific oval face. Being a square face, I’ve always coveted that shape!! And the cheekbones… she looks lovely to me, altho unsure about earrings.

6. mochababe73 March 8, 2011 at 03:01 #

That tin foil is blinding me. And, I really dislike the hair.

7. Ev March 8, 2011 at 06:16 #

I think this dress just wasn’t made for day light. It would’ve looked MUCH better in the evening lights. Also I think she needs a new hairstyle, because this one doesn’t do her any favors.

8. Jinni March 16, 2011 at 13:43 #

Her face says it all…bad choice today! Although maybe wearing a tiara would of cheered her up!