07.03.11

Andrew Gn Fall 2011

Andrew Gn’s Fall 2011 collection was inspired by architects Pierre Chareau and Elieen Gray because of their seemingly effortless simplicity and impeccable finishing, two things which I admire from Andrew Gn’s work.

I have long admired Gn’s coats for Fall. They are so detailed, immaculately constructed and well fitted.

This season he added asymmetrical cuts, mother-of-pearl embroidered cuffs and fur trims to make them that much more luxurious.

We saw a lot of leather in this collection from the thigh-high Louboutin’s to the leather pants and leather opera gloves.

The jersey leggings, trench coats, fox fur wraps, satin shirts with sequin embroidery details all ready had me in awe of the designer, but when the gowns came out I was in a state of pure lust and excitement.

I adored the one sleeved fitted black dresses and the shimmering pleated gowns which billowed so elegantly down the runway, but my favourite look was the white bustier dress with the crystal embroidered skirt.

This would look amazing on January Jones or Blake Lively.

In the video below the model walks in the finale with a belt attached to this look, so I hope whoever wears it on the red carpet adds the belt give the sexy dress a chic finish.

Sharon Stone will be loving the range of white blouses showcased during this presentation. From blouses with embroidered leather sequins on the collar and cuffs; to a blouse with a pin-tucked organza bib and a hand pleated fan-shaped collar blouse.

Key accessories included Louboutin boots and Pigalle Plato pumps, fur wraps, jeweled cuffs, patent and leather belts and bedazzling necklaces.

Favourites: White bustier dress with crystal skirt, midnight blue pleated bustier gown and pebble asymmetrical sculptured coat with fox wrap

Who I See Wearing This Collection: January Jones, Blake Lively, Sharon Stone, Emily Blunt, Sofia Vergara, Angelina Jolie, Kyra Sedgwick, Renee Zellweger, Demi Moore, Beau Garrett and Diane Kruger

[nggallery id=716]

Anika Noni Rose In Ina Soltani - 2011 NAACP Image Awards

Anika Noni Rose In Ina Soltani – 2011 NAACP Image Awards

First Look: Blake Lively For Chanel Mademoiselle

First Look: Blake Lively For Chanel Mademoiselle

12 Responses to Andrew Gn Fall 2011

1. JessNess March 7, 2011 at 11:17 #

He’s an amazing designer.

So underrated

2. bec March 7, 2011 at 11:38 #

Amazing designs…I remember a few years back Kate Beckinsale was a gown of his to a MOCA event and it was GORGEOUS, been a fan since…I hope to see a lot of these on the red carpet!! :)

3. Caution Tape March 7, 2011 at 13:45 #

I like the outerwear, but the white dress reminds me strongly of the bride from the GnR November Rain video, and the blue gown reminds me of the gunmetal/silver number Sarah Jessica Parker wore on the red carpet while promoting the 1st Sex And The City movie.

4. Ethne Blist March 7, 2011 at 13:55 #

FC wouldn’t you love to see the strapless blue gown on Beau Garrett?

• Fashion Critic March 7, 2011 at 14:10 #

Absolutely

5. Anissa March 7, 2011 at 15:13 #

That blue gown is exquiste! I’d have loved to see Halle wear that for the Oscars.

I’d love to see a brunette to wear the gold/amber gown like Leighton or Kate Beckinsale.

6. Tahj March 7, 2011 at 16:58 #

People say Sharon Stone when they think of the white blouses, but I think Diane Keaton. She is always wearing white blouses.

7. Weber from Brazil March 7, 2011 at 18:25 #

Catherine, don’t u see Victoria Beckham wearing his collection ??
    If I’m not wrong, I’ve already seen some post(s) here about VB wearing Andrew Gn either in social events or walking down the streets

• Fashion Critic March 7, 2011 at 18:27 #

Yes I can see her in the coats for sure

8. Hannah March 7, 2011 at 19:25 #

The strapless blue gown screams Marion Cotillard to me! This is mostly because of her lanvin dress at Weinstein Company party for “Nine”, and the LeFranc Ferrant jumpsuit form cannes, as wella the the many times she ahs worn nay, and strapless dresses (or jumpsuits). I so want her to hae a comeback moment in it.

9. Saara March 8, 2011 at 06:00 #

I must have that nude trench coat. Love LOVE it!

10. Alex March 10, 2011 at 13:10 #

When I watched this collection on style.com and when I saw these beautiful gowns January Jones came to my mind. She would look perfect in them! I need her to redeem i our eyes after some not so great red carpets.