Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett In Givenchy Couture

For the second year in the row a Givenchy Couture gown has won our votes for Best Dressed of the Week following Oscar night.

Last year it was Zoe Saldana, this year Cate the Great.

I didn’t know Cate Blanchett was going to the Oscars so I may have woken my neighbours by screaming “Oh My God….” when my red carpet goddess came on screen.

Her gown was exquisite. With the exception of Mila Kunis she really had not competition on the night.

Long live the Queen.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Wore Givenchy Better? Brad Goreski or Kanye West

Who Wore Givenchy Better? Brad Goreski or Kanye West

14 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett In Givenchy Couture

1. mateo March 6, 2011 at 15:17 #

she looks like she has a mirror on her or a photo frame on her chest!

• Fashion Critic March 6, 2011 at 19:26 #

eh???

• Nat39 March 6, 2011 at 20:18 #

That was my initial reaction to insert a mirror into that big circle on her chest. It does make a perfect ornate mirror frame. Unfortunately, for me this gown only makes sense on the model standing in front of the beautifully decorated walls as if being a part of the room decor (that’s the inspiration I believe). Otherwise, it sort of loses its edge and simply looks like a nice dress with weird beading pattern and interesting but not so flattering shoulders.

• Iris March 7, 2011 at 05:55 #

it’s a lovely colour and Cate looks great but the bodice of the dress left me wanting more — like a mirror or a photo in that frame-like embellishment! i usually agree with your calls FC, but this time it was Mila all the way for me.

2. Shiva March 6, 2011 at 15:31 #

wow now it wud b great to c her working some other gowns from the same collection b’cos if there’s anyone who can pull them off, its Queen Cate!!

3. missy Q March 6, 2011 at 18:20 #

No matter how many times I look at this, it gives me chills everytime.

4. Alicat March 7, 2011 at 01:08 #

Re the mirror/photo frame comment – that was my initial reaction too. I saw a rear view of this dress elsewhere. It has a strappy, open back and the yellow, beaded embellishment is extended down. It looked like spilt, lumpy custard. Sorry, but this dress is hideous.

5. Treatment28 March 7, 2011 at 04:15 #

Cate Blanchett Is The Perfect Choice!! She’s A Style Icon….Across The Board! Great Confidence And Finesse.

6. allie March 7, 2011 at 06:02 #

MAGNIFICA!

7. Anne March 7, 2011 at 08:58 #

Cate is stunning. I loved her dress. A greek goddess !

8. GGG March 7, 2011 at 20:36 #

She will be BDOTY with this gown. Again. Because she is flawless and unique. I love her…

9. Martin March 8, 2011 at 02:31 #

It was a one horse race for me this week. Cate all the way! Amongst a bevy of bland and banal looks, she shone like a beacon. THIS is the very essence of red carpet dressing – Cate (like Zoe Saldana at last year’s Oscars) gave us something we’ve never seen before and something we may never see again on the red carpet. Truly magnificent.

10. Regina March 8, 2011 at 20:38 #

Cate in that gown is the pure definition of divinity.

11. Dimitra Chouliara March 10, 2011 at 14:35 #

For me it’s best dressed of the year! I don’t know what can top this. Maybe the McQueen royal wedding dress, if we’re lucky…