Katharine McPhee In Marc Bouwer – QVC Red Carpet Style Party

Katharine McPhee opted for a stand out look for the QVC Red Carpet Style Party which was held in LA recently.

The singer grab attention wearing a Marc Bouwer Spring 2011 gown.

Her stunning red gown with a plunging neckline and bold shoulders was paired with nude pumps.

Sexy sandals, bold red lips and smoky eyes would’ve had me falling in head over heels in love with this look.

Credit: MarcBouwer.com & Getty

Leighton Meester For L’Officiel Lithuania March 2011

Leighton Meester For L’Officiel Lithuania March 2011

In January Jones' Closet - Topshop Polka Dot Wide Leg Pants

In January Jones’ Closet – Topshop Polka Dot Wide Leg Pants

18 Responses to Katharine McPhee In Marc Bouwer – QVC Red Carpet Style Party

1. bluejack March 4, 2011 at 16:10 #

as usual FC you hit the nail on the head, i cannot imagine having a slit that high and not wearing sandals!

• Linda March 4, 2011 at 17:38 #

I agree. Also I was thinking it looks like she didn’t bother to put on makeup and do her hair. Not that she doesn’t look attractive, just it seems too casual to go with this particular dress.

2. Hannah March 4, 2011 at 16:18 #

I have never been a fan of KLatharine’s style, but I adore this dress so much. I would ahve been rendered very unoptimistic from the ‘runway’ shot, but it looks gorgoeus on her. Sexy but still demure, with perfect accessories. Stunning. This is the perfect way to get attention.

3. Ethne Blist March 4, 2011 at 16:20 #

I think she looks gorgeous. The dress fits perfectly. She might not have wanted to go for a full-on sexy look. Sexy isn’t really her style. Thank you for featuring her FC!

4. Laura March 4, 2011 at 16:23 #

Gorgeous dress! And I love Marc Bouwer so I’m happy his designs are getting a good rep unlike the Oscar dress Melissa Leo wore. But the styling does drag down the look a bit. Still, I really love the dress.

5. GirlOne March 4, 2011 at 16:23 #

Sandals? Aren’t those pumps?

• Fashion Critic March 4, 2011 at 16:27 #

Yes they are and I say they’re pumps….i then go onto say I would prefer sandals.

6. B Man March 4, 2011 at 16:25 #

What a refreshingly GORGEOUS dress! Striking! Can’t help but think that I’d love to see this dress in a jewel tone (possibly emerald green), and glammed up with fab shoes and jewels on the red carpet (Earrings and stack of diamond bangles a la SJP Oscars 2010) – and of course sandals!

7. From Russia With Love March 4, 2011 at 16:42 #

I actuallu like it. Best Dressed for me.

8. shap_half March 4, 2011 at 17:00 #

I don’t mind the pumps. I just would have preferred a more dynamic make-up. But still she looks great!

9. noo March 4, 2011 at 17:01 #

the styling you describe is very coco rocha, i’m not sure katherine mcphee could even pull it off :D

10. Nat39 March 4, 2011 at 17:54 #

Stunning dress, looks fantastic on her (although personally not a fan of exagerrated sguare shoulders which seems to be a trend lately). The shoes do look out of place and red lips just have to be there.

11. dee March 4, 2011 at 17:58 #

It is a beautiful gown but she isn’t making the most of it. Is it just me but this gown looks similar to an Elie Saab gown Mila Kunis wore just in a different color.

12. Carrie Z March 4, 2011 at 18:55 #

I agree the dress is amazing but the makeup looks unfinished.

13. Alicat March 4, 2011 at 23:41 #

Agree. The vibrancy of the dress requires more makeup. This makeup looks like daywear. The shoes are so “nothing” when worn with this dress. She looks like a girl who has found a great dress but doesn’t know how to wear it.

14. mochababe73 March 4, 2011 at 23:42 #

I have surprised myself by liking this dress, and I am not a fan of strong shoulders.
    In order for the slit to remain sexy, she needed a dressy sandal.

15. Sharon March 5, 2011 at 00:49 #

I’m with you, FC, but I think I could even overlook the pumps if she had done more with her makeup.

16. KateS March 5, 2011 at 05:02 #

Definitely more makeup, and I’m pretty sure the hair needed a little more oomph too.