Jessica Alba attended NEA’s Read Across America Kickoff with First Lady Obama at The Library of Congress on in Washington, DC. yesterday.

She opted for a chic sophiscated look wearing a Giambattista Valli Pre-Fall 2011 shift dress.

The actress read Dr. Seuss’ to elementary school students during a kickoff event wearing her floral print pocketed dress with tights and black shoes.

I love that this look is event appropriate without being neither too formal nor too conservative.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively In Chanel Couture - Chanel Hosts An Intimate Dinner In Honor Of Blake Lively

Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – Chanel Hosts An Intimate Dinner In Honor Of Blake Lively

In Miranda Kerr's Closet - Topshop Red Meadow Print Flippy Skirt

In Miranda Kerr’s Closet – Topshop Red Meadow Print Flippy Skirt

10 Responses to Jessica Alba In Giambattista Valli – NEA’s Read Across America Kickoff with First Lady Obama

1. k March 3, 2011 at 19:33 #

The neckline is a little blah to me, but otherwise I love how she looks (as I usually do). I hope she has more formal events before baby number 2 comes, I loved her maternity style on the red carpet when she was pregnant before.

2. PamG March 3, 2011 at 19:40 #

I agree, she has the right amount of formality and ease. It’ll be interesting to watch her maternity style evolve.

• molly March 4, 2011 at 00:14 #

Well we have already seen it and she didnt dissapoint! She could have given Natalie Portman a few pointers over awards season. She doesnt compromise…i like that :D

• PamG March 4, 2011 at 07:27 #

I don’t think Natalie ‘compromised’ with her maternity fashion choices. I remember Jessica Alba dressing quite well last time around, except that she frequently paired thick black tights and black shoes with even the prettiest dresses. It’s been a few years, so let’s see…

3. dee March 3, 2011 at 19:55 #

Cute and event appropriate. I wonder what shoes she is wearing?

4. Sharon March 3, 2011 at 20:08 #

The perfect look. I hope she wore the same shoes as the runway model.

5. Ethne Blist March 3, 2011 at 21:17 #

I am curious as you all are about what shoes she was wearing and also if she was wearing tights.

• Can March 4, 2011 at 12:54 #

She was wearing black tights. Not sure what shoes.

I think she wears the tights when she’s wearing shorter dresses and skirts as a defence against any potential paparazzi up-skirt shots. I always get that impression, anyway.

6. mochababe73 March 4, 2011 at 01:52 #

As a teacher, I give this outfit two thumbs up!

7. pipsqueak March 5, 2011 at 03:34 #

Awesome choice for the event. Jessica looked sophisticated yet age-appropriate. Formal doesn’t have to pencil skirts and kitten heels.