January Jones In Chanel – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

January Jones didn’t attend the Oscars nor the after parties, but she was spotted arriving at the Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner celebrating fashion and film, held at Madeo Restaurant in LA the day before the big event.

She wore a Chanel Resort 2011 black leather & black sequin tweed embroidered dress with Chanel Fine jewelry.

I would say her look was perfect sans the 80s cropped denim jacket and the ankle boots.

I always want to love what January wears, but I seem to always find one element which lets her down and it’s usually her footwear choices.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger 'The Bridge' New York Promo Tour

Diane Kruger ‘The Bridge’ New York Promo Tour

Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011

Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011

20 Responses to January Jones In Chanel – Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner

1. manja March 3, 2011 at 11:57 #

what was she thinking with that jacket????wrong decision,ruined a very nice dress

2. Mary March 3, 2011 at 12:05 #

Why, oh why would she ruin such a beautiful dress with a denim jacket?!!

3. Marlie March 3, 2011 at 12:13 #

I think you have reason to fault her look. A denim jacket with a Chanel dress?? Why does she always have to try so hard. The dress is stunning. On her I don’t even notice the dress.

4. Alicat March 3, 2011 at 12:25 #

This is a gorgeous dress and I love the way it is worn by the model with flat sandals. It looks casually chic. I think January has added the denim jacket to add a casual air, but it jars and looks wrong. Without the jacket and boots this dress looks great on her.

• Ethne Blist March 3, 2011 at 14:51 #

I agree. Flat sandals would have been nice. The denim jacket is painful.

5. Rachel March 3, 2011 at 12:28 #

You are soooo right!! The dress is amazing, but the booties and the denim jacket…oh no!! Disasteeeeer!! ;)

6. Leo March 3, 2011 at 13:11 #

Why did she think the denim jacket was a good choice for this dress? Tragic!

7. mochababe73 March 3, 2011 at 14:29 #

That dress should stand alone. And, it should be worn with sandals.
    What was she thinking?!

8. Jones19 March 3, 2011 at 14:39 #

Ewwww that jacket doesn’t fit with the dress at all.

9. ayishaa March 3, 2011 at 14:47 #

I never believed someone could make a Chanel dress look very bad, January accomplished this effortlessly

10. Godiva March 3, 2011 at 15:05 #

Is it wrong that I think she should hire the Mad Men stylists as her personal stylists. She looks unbelievably stylish and beautiful in Mad Men, but here… the styling is ALL WRONG.

11. Fiona March 3, 2011 at 15:10 #

Why does January Jones think she knows more about fashion than Karl Lagerfeld? She seems to try so hard to be edgy and fashionable but ends up with completely the wrong look. Don’t get me started on the boots! Sounds harsh I know, but I just saw “Unknown” and I’m not such a big fan of her acting either!

12. elena March 3, 2011 at 15:40 #

the jacket is terrible…. she just killed everything… that is TERRIBLE

13. Ally March 3, 2011 at 16:30 #

Why on earth would you pair a gorgeous Chanel dress with a denim jacket???

14. dee March 3, 2011 at 16:40 #

She ruined the look with that jacket. The dress alone is gorgeous.

15. Hannah March 3, 2011 at 18:39 #

Since mad Men isn’t on I am finding it harder and harder to love her. One thing I will say is she sure has talent for ruining clothes, hideous shoes, HIDEOUS (what the hell? – This is Chanel) jackets.
    When I first saw this as a you might also like thumbnail I thought it was a britney look from way back when.

16. anna March 3, 2011 at 20:07 #

oh boy! she impoverished the look with that denim jacket! so bad!

17. pam March 3, 2011 at 20:52 #

Maybe she and Drew just came directly from a middle of the night fire drill?

18. perfumeorpoison March 3, 2011 at 20:52 #

try hard that went terribly wrong, as most of them do anyways :(

19. Lee March 5, 2011 at 01:56 #

Wow. I guess I’m the only one who likes the jacket. I think she should have worn a strappy sandal, instead of the boots, but I like the jacket over the dress. It certainly gives it a more casual flair, but I think it works with her hair and the straps on the dress. She’d be “all dressed up” without it and apparently she didn’t want to be all dressed up.