Zooey Deschanel In Valentino – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

There is only one person I will give a pass to wearing tights on the red carpet at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party and that’s Zooey Deschanel.

The actress has made tights her staple and she be dammed before she listens to my grips about them.

She wouldn’t have got a pass had she wore black pumps, so thankfully she opted for a red satin Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps.

I loved the pop of red against her black Valentino Spring 2011 black long sleeve chiffon dress with lace rafia skirt.

I like the red accessories against the black dress in preference to the red dresses which were paired with black accessories on Sunday night.

Zooey was quirky and delightful as always.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Valentino - 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Valentino – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Emma Roberts In Jenny Packham - Elton John’s AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Emma Roberts In Jenny Packham – Elton John’s AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

19 Responses to Zooey Deschanel In Valentino – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Ethne Blist March 1, 2011 at 22:05 #

She is so cute no matter what she wears. It’s not fair. I agree about the tights. No wearing pants is Gaga’s thing and wearing tights is Zoe’s thing. Something we must accept (sigh).

2. Thomas Monks March 1, 2011 at 22:10 #

FC u say Stella McCartney in the title

3. Sonia March 1, 2011 at 22:13 #

I love Zooey’s style. Its so quirky and cute.

I have a question, exactly why do you hate tights? I think they look nice. Sometimes bare leg doesn’t look good so an opaque leg because of tights can look better, but I’m no expert on fashion or red carpets so I don’t really understand …

• AnaKay` March 4, 2011 at 05:09 #

I think the problem is Zooey wears tights *all* the time… with every dress/skirt. Every single time. It doesn’t always suit the look.

4. LizLemooooon March 1, 2011 at 22:31 #

I think darker tights would have worked. These make her legs look weird and stumpy. Otherwise tho a very cute dress and nice shoes.

5. Marvel March 1, 2011 at 23:02 #

I really hate tights unless they are thick opaque tights so I wishe’d opted for those instead of these.

A nice look for her

6. Hannah March 1, 2011 at 23:20 #

I really cannot stand this look. Easily one of the worst of the night. Opaque tights qould ahve been much more welcome, or better yet – none at all! I think the dress and hair look chepa and ruin her gorgeous body.

• G March 2, 2011 at 05:30 #

Agree. The tights look especially weird because they’re the same colour as the rest of her dress and her arms in those sleeves — makes it look like she’s wearing a whole-body stocking!

7. KateS March 1, 2011 at 23:50 #

I agree with the comments so far – opaques or no tights at all. These make her legs look bad and dull the details on the dress.

8. Linda March 2, 2011 at 00:56 #

Love the look except for those shoes! I prefer the way it’s presented on the runway.

9. mochababe73 March 2, 2011 at 01:30 #

I think that they are more like pantyhose than tights.
    Either way, I was not raised to wear colored shoes and black hosiery. I just don’t like it.
    But…I love the dress. Zooey never bores me. I love watching her on the red carpet.

• Jules March 2, 2011 at 15:28 #

agreed!

10. Alicat March 2, 2011 at 02:04 #

I do not agree with the bare legs = fashionable mantra. Tights can give a look some edge, or even make it more polished. The bare legged look is fashionable right now but fashionable does not always mean stylish. In times past a woman would never have gone out bare legged as it would have looked underdressed. During WW2 women would use leg tan and even draw a black line down the back of their legs to give the impression of stockings. Trends come and go.

11. Matt March 2, 2011 at 02:25 #

I’m not wowed by this look, like at all, It’s terrible and my God, Maniac pumps again? perfectly named though, those shoes are driving me insane. I see it all the time. Thank you Victoria Beckham.

12. Emi March 2, 2011 at 09:23 #

No, I don’t like her here. We know she has a very personal style but I really dislike the dress, it’s so kitsch… also I quite dislike sheer tights, while I really like thick and opaque tights. Sheer tights need very beautiful legs. I think this photo isn’t flattering, anyway, her legs seem very short.

13. Jones19 March 2, 2011 at 14:19 #

I adore her style.

14. cphil March 2, 2011 at 15:25 #

she drives me crazy with her cutseyness. i think this look is dowdy and boring.

15. vivi March 2, 2011 at 18:31 #

I don’t like this look AT ALL.Maybe she should pull her hair back, or lose the tights…

16. Michelle March 4, 2011 at 19:56 #

Her legs and feet look horrible. The length of the dress, the tights and those ghastly shoes are giving her legs the Miss Piggy look.