01.03.11

Kerry Washington In Escada – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

In the absence of Jennifer Lopez we didn’t get many diva moments on the red carpet on Sunday night.

Kerry Washington did give us some diva attitude at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood.

She was radiant wearing a custom Escada gown which was fully embroidered with black and silver bugle beads.

I love the asymmetrical neckline of this siren gown which also has an open back.

The actress added Amrapali bangles, a Jimmy Choo ‘New Lancer’ sandals and a Jimmy Choo ‘Cosma’ clutch to complete her stunning look.

This is one of her best looks on the red carpet this year.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa - 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab - 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

17 Responses to Kerry Washington In Escada – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. robbie March 1, 2011 at 14:23 #

the dress is alright but the hair has got to go!

2. Rebecca March 1, 2011 at 15:15 #

I adore this dress, it is so sophisticated. But someone said on another posting within the last couple of days that she is getting too thin and I quite agree. Her face is gaunt. but I love the dress, the accessories and her makeup–she is a little lost in her hair.

3. Ethne Blist March 1, 2011 at 15:41 #

I am not infatuated with this look. I think she looks like a 50 year old trying to look 35. Sure, Kerry Washington looks gorgeous in everything she wears, but this is not flattering.

• Sam March 1, 2011 at 16:43 #

Yea, I agree. The makeup looks like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd, Mutton dressed as Lamb…as they say, and the fit of the dress a little off, a little ..hmmm, creepy.

Something’s not working here.

4. Lara March 1, 2011 at 15:43 #

Meh…. not a fan of this look actually. Don’t like the hair, and the dress is just ok to me…

5. jadel March 1, 2011 at 16:22 #

good for bringing jlo up cause i’m sorry but a red carpet is like a funeral without flowers without a dose of jlo fierceness and angelina beauty and is it black or what is she going to wear expectation…

6. Marvel March 1, 2011 at 16:47 #

FC I know you like her, but the problem for me still remains the same – she hardly comes in any films and yet she poses on the red carpet with her nose held so high she thinks she is Tilda Swinton or another established actress.
    The dress is nice but the hair has got to go

7. Sam March 1, 2011 at 16:51 #

Hope this passes moderation, if not…oh well.

Here’s another profile of the dress makes her figure look older, flat in the back, & drab:

And the hair style could be explained by this link at the PreOscar Independent Spirit Awards, where it looks like her weave may have caused damaged to the hairline:

8. Raquel March 1, 2011 at 17:16 #

I don´t like the hair… And the dress… She can do it better.

9. Giuseppi March 1, 2011 at 17:26 #

I agree with you- she looks awesome. I think she’s perfect here.

• Ted March 1, 2011 at 17:44 #

Uh…don’t think so. I’m a huge Kerry fan, and something’s not quite right. Took a look at those links, thinking she needs help with the hair loss …which is major.

And, the dress exposes that she’s completely flat in her backside. Not flattering.

The makeup is way overdone, making her look haggish.

I’ve seen her better in better days. Lately, without the right fashions and makeup, she’s looking creepy.

10. peter March 1, 2011 at 18:04 #

I heard Jennifer Lopez was crying at home because she didn’t got an invitation!

• jadel March 1, 2011 at 20:39 #

peter says:
      March 1, 2011 at 18:04
      I heard Jennifer Lopez was crying at home because she didn’t got an invitation!

hello ms. cleo, lies and more lies lol
      interesting cause she got an invite and declined to attend cause she was having a lil party oscar at her house, so stop the bs and lies, thank you

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2011 at 20:45 #

I think Peter may have been joking

11. Giuseppi March 1, 2011 at 18:10 #

Well… I think she looks good. :) Of course I’m kind of a sucker for asymmetrical dresses and glittery accessories. Those profile views do have her looking pretty skinny.

12. Cindy March 1, 2011 at 18:33 #

Think the hair style can be explained by these links, which look to be missing in Sam’s post. She’s had tons of hair loss possibly from weaves (similar to the beautifulNaomi Campbell), hence the bangs. This is her in Pre-Oscar Independent Spirit Awards:

13. KateS March 2, 2011 at 00:11 #

Poor thing, she looks terribly thin and wan. I think a nice holiday away from the cameras and some solid foods are called for – maybe with awards season over she’ll find the time.