01.03.11

Juliette Lewis In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Juliette Lewis joined the likes of Cameron Diaz and Zoe Saldana on the red carpet at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood on Sunday night.

She looked gorgeous wearing a midnight blue Georges Hobeika Couture gown. I can’t find a single fault.

Her stunning simple couture gown had a jewel encrusted sash on the waist and a gathered detail on the bodice.

Georges Hobeika is known for his elaborate Couture designs, but this simple design is just as breath-taking and effective on the red carpet.

If you are as old as I am, Juliette Lewis will always be remembered as the girl who wore cornrows on the Oscar red carpet.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Ashley Tisdale In Jenny Packham - Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Ashley Tisdale In Jenny Packham – Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa - 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

15 Responses to Juliette Lewis In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Terry March 1, 2011 at 12:45 #

Well, I must admit I loved Juliette with cornrows, lace and pearls at the Oscars, with Brad Pitt by her side (I’m in my 30s, just like you): that picture of her will always be one of my personal mementos from the 90’s.

Anyway, the major improvement she has recently had on the red carpet cannot be denied. This shade of blue looks gorgeous on her and I really like the line of the dress, glamourous but not overwhelming. Well done!

• Ethne Blist March 1, 2011 at 15:46 #

I completely agree. FC, can you feature Ms. Lewis more often? Thank you for featuring her here. She looks elegantly tamed her and absolutely gorgeous. I am so happy for her. She is so talented and gorgeous and it all shows in this gown.

2. Jones19 March 1, 2011 at 12:54 #

She cleans up well. Great look for her.

• PamG March 1, 2011 at 23:50 #

Yes, I can’t believe how pretty she looks!

3. MReid March 1, 2011 at 13:12 #

I too remember the cornrows and I have to say I loved them! And agreed, Brad Pitt was her most beautiful accessory. Love this look too. This blue looks amazing against her skin tone and she is working it. I don’t like how the top part of the dress looks though. It appears that the fabric has some draping/detail that makes it look like the fit is off. Although it seems to be fitted quite well to her chest. I don’t know what it is and frankly Ms. Lewis is working this look like a diva so that’s just penny section nitpicking!

4. mm March 1, 2011 at 13:20 #

She looks gorgeous. Love the hair color. I love her quirky roles, i always go see her movies because she just gives a good performance.

5. molly March 1, 2011 at 14:01 #

My goodness. This is the best I’ve ever seen her look. The makeup and hair work well.

6. msd March 1, 2011 at 15:00 #

Woh, she’s really selling it. The colour is gorgeous and even though this is a classic style you can still sense her personality. There’s something about the mix of an eccentric person in a more traditional dress that I really like. Maybe it’s because we see the opposite more often; a bland person trying to pull off an edgy dress.

• KateS March 2, 2011 at 00:13 #

I agree, and I like that she only veers into conservative beauty like this some of the time – it feels like the crazy’s not too far away.

7. dee March 1, 2011 at 16:30 #

Wow this is the best I think I have seen her look. Gorgeous.

8. Marvel March 1, 2011 at 16:49 #

A bit tame for the Wild Juliette but probably the best Ive ever seen her

9. Emi March 1, 2011 at 16:50 #

Perfect from head to toe. I also like the color of her hair. The color of her beautiful dress is amazing. I have a faint memory of the cornrows… maybe I was focused on Brad Pitt!

10. Leti March 1, 2011 at 16:57 #

She looks lovely, and its a great look. It’s almost disconcerting to see her in something so conventional…

11. Raquel March 1, 2011 at 17:21 #

Great look. I love the color of the dress!

12. Gemma March 1, 2011 at 21:11 #

Just one tiny lil thing.. I think it could’ve sat a little higher on her bust. Its quite low and looks like it could provide an embarrassing moment if she waved at anyone :)