01.03.11

Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Anna Kendrick arrived at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party wearing the colour of the night – red.

The “Up In The Air” actress wore a red Notte by Marchesa mini dress.

Her chiffon strapless dress has an oversized organza bow with a ruffle cascading down the dress.

Sandra Bullock opted for a head-to-toe red look, but Anna added heavy black accessories.

A black Christian Louboutin ‘Palais Royal’ clutch and black Louboutin ‘Open Lips’ peep-toes provided the contrast in her look.

Anna swept her hair to one side and added a ruby diamond bracelet to complete her look.

Credit: INFEvents

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking -  17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Andrea Guasch In Ana Locking – 17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony

Kerry Washington In Escada - 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Kerry Washington In Escada – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

12 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Notte by Marchesa – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. june March 1, 2011 at 13:14 #

i think she’s seriously adorable in this. for once though, i actually wished she’d pick anything but black peep toes. it’s so… unimaginative, and takes away the lightness from the delicate dress.

2. MReid March 1, 2011 at 13:18 #

This isn’t doing it for me. She looks like she’s going to her junior high prom, not an Oscar party. I’m not getting movie star vibes from her. But on a positive note, her face looks pretty and you can tell she loves it.

3. B March 1, 2011 at 13:22 #

This is dreadful.

4. molly March 1, 2011 at 14:35 #

Junior prom 1986. How can this be a Marchesa design?! Hair and makeup are nicely flattering. Poor Anna just hardly ever hits it on all cylinders at once.

5. Ethne Blist March 1, 2011 at 15:44 #

Correct me if I am wrong FC, but from your objective description of this look, you are not impressed or moved by this look. It is meh. I am not liking black accessories.

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2011 at 15:49 #

no, not impressed at all. She can do so much better.

I’m typing a speed so maybe I didn’t express that properly

• PamG March 1, 2011 at 23:48 #

Yes, she has potential that isn’t being utilized.

6. Alina March 1, 2011 at 15:57 #

I don’t like it.
    I don’t really know why but she never gets it right when she wears cocktail dresses.

• Emi March 1, 2011 at 16:41 #

I agree with you; also, she doesn’t have beautiful legs, it’s true. She looks like a big candy half unwrapped.

7. Marvel March 1, 2011 at 16:48 #

I LOVE her hair. Forget the nice dress and boring accessories. I just love her hair here.

8. Leti March 1, 2011 at 16:55 #

I like her hair and makeup and the color. I think the dress makes her look wide and the black accessories are blah.

9. unvacuous March 1, 2011 at 20:53 #

First time ever I LOVE her hair. The more extreme side part adds drama she really needs. Makeup is good too.

But she needs to pick dresses for her height. She doesn’t have a bad figure at all, she’s just not tall. If I were to see this dress on Cameron Diaz I wouldn’t bat an eyelash, but on her the ruffle details are too large. I think it would be more flattering if she wore dresses that nipped in the waist and were less fluffy than those she prefers.