Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

I wasn’t crazy about Zoe Saldana’s look at the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards, but I loved her look at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California last night.

She struck gold again wearing a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 dress.

This is a first look of this collection to hit the red carpet, which is apt since she introduced the designer to the world.

Her two tone pink draped crinkle chiffon dress with handkerchief hem was paired with a lust-worthy Louis Vuitton tasseled minaudière and metallic pink Ferragamo sandals.

Here we have a lot of layers, colours and detail in this look, but Zoe totally pulls it off.

Cartier jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Tisdale's BLQ Basiq Faux Leather Slouch Pants

Ashley Tisdale’s BLQ Basiq Faux Leather Slouch Pants

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture - Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture – Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

25 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. mm February 28, 2011 at 22:23 #

Love this look, especially the vibrant colors, I dont like design of shoe, seem very grandma for some reason

• Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 23:59 #

Agreed. The shoe design is awful but other than that she looks fantastic.

2. Jarrold February 28, 2011 at 22:27 #

I cant help but wonder what she would have worn if she went to the main event. Ugh she would have wowed us.

• Shaina March 2, 2011 at 03:54 #

I agree, I’m disappointed that she didn’t go.

3. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 22:31 #

I love everything about this look- her clutch is divine. BDOTW I say. Zoe is at her best.

4. Badaboum February 28, 2011 at 22:31 #

FC, just to let you know that I really enjoyed the Oscar coverage you did today.
    I worked from home and was able to see all the updates as soon as they appeared on the blog. I spent most of my day pressing F5 to refresh the page of your blog rather than working (that’s between us indeed :P).
    I am going to bed now, but thank you so much I really appreciate your work as usual, but today more than ever you made my day!

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 22:44 #

I glad you enjoyed it.

I’m going to bed too, so you won’t be missing anything ;)

Night xx

5. smolls February 28, 2011 at 22:40 #

She looks amazing – HTT – love this look! I adore that dress…the colors are so vibrant & she wears it perfectly! :)

6. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 23:19 #

I much rpefer this look on Zoe than ont he red carpet, but she has REALLY disappointed me recently. Where is the zoe we all know and love? I miss her looking just so chic, for me this works simply in contrast to the runway, and because I adore her bag.

7. NY February 28, 2011 at 23:21 #

I think the belt really ruins the dress. I love the whole look but i hate the belt! Ugh sticks out like a sore thumb!

8. PamG February 28, 2011 at 23:35 #

Fun and well accessorized. I would have thought the dress with those accesories would be overwhelming, but FC is right, she totally pulls it off!

9. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 23:38 #

Its a bit too much going on. The ruffles, the colour, the draping. I know everyone probably loves it but I dont

10. mol February 28, 2011 at 23:45 #

The red and pink dress, with orange (tassel), gold (bag) and black (belt) accents play a perfect symphony for me – I completely love this…

11. KateS March 1, 2011 at 00:04 #

She looks lovely, but I think she needed a touch of black on one of her accessories to balance out the belt.
    I irrationally hate those chinese-lantern bags. I can even see why it works here, but I cannot like it.

12. Laura March 1, 2011 at 00:11 #

If you’d shown me those pieces, I would’ve told you I’d hate the look, but Zoe really pulls it off. Red is a fab color for her.

13. karen March 1, 2011 at 00:28 #

I think she looks fabulous. Considering that I’m not a fan of red, I still think she looks spectacular. The whole look works. But then again Zoe always looks fabulous in my book.

14. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 00:51 #

I would have liked it better if it were a solid color. The two tone along with the ruffles and high neck overwhelm her frame.

15. Danielle March 1, 2011 at 04:06 #

I don’t like this at all. I just don’t like the color combo

16. nicky March 1, 2011 at 08:01 #

i don’t really love this look…its too all over the place and the shoes makes the look even worse. its really frumpy on her.

17. june March 1, 2011 at 08:04 #

i hate the shoes — maybe if they weren’t so satin-y or shiny, but my god, she’s gorgeous in the dress and i love the bag

18. ayishaa March 1, 2011 at 08:20 #

Zoe looks like she is having fun. I actually love her shoes considering they are ankle strap shoes.

19. antoneLLina March 1, 2011 at 11:34 #

AMAZING. love everything,expecially the shoes. zoe, i love you.

20. Lila March 1, 2011 at 19:39 #

Love it! She is back on form. I was worried for a while there. The Ferragamos are to die for.

21. unvacuous March 1, 2011 at 20:25 #

Love the dress, the bag goes only ok with it but it adds interest so I’m not opposed. This is one of the rare instances where black shoes would have worked. All the red and pink blends into the red carpet and darker shoes would have grounded the look, especially with her black belt.

22. yaz March 24, 2011 at 14:20 #

the bag is from Gucci permanent collection and it’s 3200 bucks. it’s not LV.