28.02.11

The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars Part 2

Here are the rest of the looks Anne Hathaway wore whilst presenting the 2011 Oscars with James Franco last night.

The 6th look of the night was a corseted Vivienne Westwood Couture embroidered lace gown which was a perfect look for Anne.

My least favourite on the night was her Tom Ford smoky grey lace gown which was adorned with crystals.

Between the long sleeves and high neckline it feels to covered and restrictive to me. I did love her hair with this look though.

Anne’s final look – which is also the same dress she wore to the Vanity Fair party – is from the Atelier Versace Spring 2011 collection.

The strapless burgundy silk chiffon gown with intricate beading and draping on the bustier was paired with a black Roger Vivier clutch.

This look is in my top 2 after Armani Privé.

Credit: Getty

The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars

The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars

Aishwarya Rai In Armani Prive - 2011 Oscars

Aishwarya Rai In Armani Prive – 2011 Oscars

27 Responses to The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars Part 2

1. Badaboum February 28, 2011 at 12:11 #

I knew it! I had this feeling that she would wear Tom Ford during the show!
    Just like you I am underwelmed by Tom Ford’s collection, not even Anne Hathaway can bring some life to the dress…

• Badaboum February 28, 2011 at 12:16 #

well… I take that back… Milla Jovovich at the Tom Ford Beverly Hills Flagship Store Opening in LA, in the grey suite did look very very good…

2. robbie February 28, 2011 at 12:19 #

that tom ford dress is extremely ugly. the versace is incredbly gorgeous. would never have thought that was a vivenne westwood.

3. Erik February 28, 2011 at 12:20 #

My top 3 of her looks of the evening is:

1. Giorgio Armani Privé Spring 2011
    2. Givenchy Fall 2009 Couture
    3. Tom Ford

I’m not too fond of her Atelier Versace gown actually

4. Andreia February 28, 2011 at 12:22 #

I like so much the first and the last one.

5. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:24 #

Vivienne Westwood – I like the dress and how dramatic it is

Tom Ford – I actually like the dress but I think it could be a lot more fitted (is this what Tom Ford meant when he was going to allow one person wear his dress – he wanted a nominee and he got a hist instead)

Versace – the dress is great but I think the hair is WAY to messy for me liking. The gown is gorgeous thoguh

6. Alèxia February 28, 2011 at 12:27 #

Her Atelier Versace look was my favourite look of her last night. The dress is to die for and the color looks divine against her skin tone.
    If I had to choose one of them all, I definetely go for that one!

7. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 12:31 #

For me it would have to be the Vivienne Westwood.

8. Amy February 28, 2011 at 12:52 #

Tom Ford was cleary desperate to get one of his dresses worn to the Oscars. Must be a bit disappointing for him though that it wasn’t on the red carpet.

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 13:03 #

Agreed. It didn’t seem a natural choice whereas the others were.

9. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 13:10 #

Anne isn’t working the Tom Ford. The Westwood is the best., then the Versace.

10. LizLemoooon February 28, 2011 at 13:10 #

She was such a terrible, terrible host and the dress were boring and pagent-ey to be quite honest. I don’t know where she got her rep for being a fashion icon from.
    The Versace and the lanvin tux were the only decent looks.

11. CASS February 28, 2011 at 13:15 #

Loved the trapless burgundy silk chiffon gown she wore and her during the oscars :)

12. Leti February 28, 2011 at 14:22 #

The Versace was my favorite of all the dresses she wore last night. Not only was the dress gorgeous, but it suited her figure very well. By contrast, I thought the Givenchy made her torso look wide. My only complaint was the hair, which could have been more polished.

• Leti February 28, 2011 at 14:27 #

Giving credit where it’s due, I liked how she wore her hair with this dress during the show (a soft updo to the side).

13. Rebecca February 28, 2011 at 14:24 #

The darts in the tom Ford dress are very distracting from an otherwise beautiful look. I thought she looked amazing and provided the only real spark the show had. She carried it!

14. hsua February 28, 2011 at 14:39 #

i think that Anne did it really well , love all looks but missing the wow factor my favs are Armani , Givenchy and Valentino

15. melina February 28, 2011 at 15:15 #

My top three are:
    1) blue Armani
    2) Westwood
    3) Tom Ford

16. Emi February 28, 2011 at 15:51 #

Nothing particularly interesting, here. The Versace dress is beautiful and she fits her well. Tom Ford’s dress is terrible, I’m not a fan of gowns with high neckline but this dress is so old, I didn’t like Tom Ford’s collection (the jacket with the giraffe worn by G. Goodwin is unbelievable, in a very bad way). I also think that the dress is really unflattering, she looks flabby. If nobody wore Tom Ford on the red carpet is because none of his dresses was red carpet worthy. Honestly, E. Canalis wore more beautiful dresses, and that was just Sanremo, for the Oscars I expected something more beautiful and glamorous. J. Franco was more elegant and sexy…

• Amy February 28, 2011 at 16:41 #

The jacket Ginnifer Goodwin wore was Louis Vuitton not Tom Ford.

17. marian February 28, 2011 at 15:54 #

can we do a poll of her looks? i’d love to see how the vote breaks down!

18. Alina February 28, 2011 at 18:40 #

From this three looks I like the Vivienne Westwood one the most.

19. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 18:52 #

TO be plain she looks fat in the tom ford. Not just slightly well rounded, but actually overweight, which she isn’t by any means. I really hated that dress.
    My order goes:
    1.Armani Prive
    2.LanvinTuxedo
    3.Versace ( i wish they had waited for her to be tanned and on a red carpet for this one)
    4. Valentino red carpet
    5.Givenchy and OScar dLR
    6.Tom ford.

20. pipsqueak February 28, 2011 at 18:55 #

I don’t like her Tom Ford look. It might fit someone with a skinnier frame and smaller boobs better. My favorite look is Armani Privé – love the color and texture. Btw, these two hosts sucked big time – not funny at all! I know Americans can’t take Ricky Gervais, but at least give us another comedian host, please.

21. PamG February 28, 2011 at 23:58 #

My favorite was the Versace, but the Givenchy and Armani looks were also very nice.

22. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:46 #

I completely agree. The Atelier dress in the last picture is pretty on her.
    I don’t like the first one. I actually liked the Tom Ford. It’s almost like what she wore at the globes.

23. Saara March 1, 2011 at 06:50 #

omg her hair is a train wreck in that last picture!