28.02.11

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber went public with their showmance at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party last night.

Both were dressed in Dolce & Gabbana.

She wore a red plunging dress which she paired with a Judith Leiber clutch and Brian Atwood heels.

Justin’s red pocket square to match her dress is just embarrassing.

It’s their first time out and they are already trying too hard.

Selena had a Leiber clutch in one hand and Bieber in the other. Their teams must have worked over time on that one.

*rolling eyes*

Credit: Getty

62 Comments
Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Oscars?

Nicole Richie In Halston - Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar Viewing Party

Nicole Richie In Halston – Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

62 Responses to Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Laura February 28, 2011 at 18:25 #

The matchy pocket square, lips, and clutch is a bit red overload. But it is a great color for her and I like the dress. I’m by no means a fan of either of them, but there’s something charming and cute about them here.

2. Jarrold February 28, 2011 at 18:26 #

They are 16 and 18 give them a break. They deserve to do the lovely dovey matchy thing.

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 18:29 #

but it’s so fake and totally transparent

• Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 18:35 #

I agree. Bieber isn’t a Disney star, but he is an equivalent of a Disney Machine star, like Selena. They both a very processed.

• Dorian Gray February 28, 2011 at 18:39 #

I agrre with you FC. The only good thing here is the new Bieber’s haircut.

• Jane March 1, 2011 at 03:49 #

FC i admire your blog and your sense of fashion but i agree with Jarrold and Erica. Although I agree the red pocket square is a little overboard, you don’t really know if they are “trying too hard” or not. For all we know their PRs could have made them do that. As for the relationship comment, you are just lobbing yourself with all the gossipers in the magazines by presuming it’s fake. It’s safer not to assume.

• kelly March 1, 2011 at 05:46 #

i agree. but she always does that with famous boys and never gets called out for it.

• Vidhya March 1, 2011 at 03:26 #

selena gave an interview saying he is like my brother… im so disgusted rite nw…

3. rodrigo February 28, 2011 at 18:26 #

gross

4. SABRINA February 28, 2011 at 18:28 #

I agree FC.

5. molly February 28, 2011 at 18:32 #

I think that if we had a photo of her without her oversized accessory, we would be saying this is a great look for her. On her own, she really does look spectacular. It’s the boy who makes her look like she’s headed for the prom.

• Alina February 28, 2011 at 18:46 #

I agree. She looks beautiful without him.

God, he’s ugly (imo).

6. kara010 February 28, 2011 at 18:35 #

Still, she looks beautiful.

7. Matt February 28, 2011 at 18:36 #

He’s wearing sneakers, he is sooo gangsta!!!

*360 degree eye roll*

• Grace February 28, 2011 at 18:52 #

LMAO

• justme February 28, 2011 at 20:13 #

lol mte.

8. ioana February 28, 2011 at 18:39 #

dude looks like a lady :)))) she looks very beautiful

9. Rachel February 28, 2011 at 18:39 #

I think she looks great! He not so much! I don’t understand the fake commentary. They are together so they must like each other, no? Or maybe that’s just me being a romantic…

10. pipsqueak February 28, 2011 at 18:42 #

Oh, young love, purity, top of a cheap wedding cake…

11. Grace February 28, 2011 at 18:44 #

Publicity stunt much ? Ridiculous.

12. Maria February 28, 2011 at 18:44 #

Why all the rolling eyes and stuff in the post? They’re kids on their first public date. Give them a break. Why are we even interested in a couple of teenager’s relationship? If it’s a “showmance”, don’t bring more attention to it by posting about them then. Focus on the clothes.

13. Erica February 28, 2011 at 18:44 #

I say leave them alone. They are young and they have t the singing thing in common. More than half of adult Hollywood couples are PR relationships. Selena’s dress is pretty and Justin looks handsome. You could have left your personal opinion out of it and just reviewed the fashion.

• Chanel February 28, 2011 at 19:03 #

This is FC’s site. It’s unusual that you’re telling her how to run it.

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 19:07 #

Thanks Chanel. I will continue to write what I wish to write

• HM February 28, 2011 at 23:43 #

Amen to that FC!

14. CreoleLady February 28, 2011 at 18:45 #

I do like the dress. Gorgeous color on her. But yeah, totally joining you on the eye roll….

15. robbie February 28, 2011 at 18:47 #

i need a sick bucket they are so fake! she always looks awkward around him, actually she looks awkward around all her “boyfriends” nick jonas and taylor lautner especially. i just want to slap that grin off his face.

dress is nice but such a predictable colour.

seriously who the hell plans the guest list to these parties, why are so many stupid tweens and disney stars getting invites!

• robbie February 28, 2011 at 18:54 #

i can hear the roat or the beiliber coming after you FC beware they will bite your knee caps.

16. SarahV February 28, 2011 at 18:52 #

She looks great, but…big ass sigh.
    Seriously though, wouldn’t Bieber lose fans that thought they had a change if he had a girlfriend? How smart is this…marketing trick?

17. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 18:55 #

*rolls eyes*
    How fake and I kinda had more respect for Selena. Its like Taylor Swift and Jake Gylnehall part 2

I do like the dress though

18. Megan February 28, 2011 at 18:57 #

Omg cringe overload!!!completely staged and cheesy prom like.I wonder when the disney stars are going to completely fade away.
    Back to the dress still common and typical for their role play.

19. karen February 28, 2011 at 18:58 #

i think they look adorable. Both are so young. What is wrong with them looking like they are going to prom? i think it’s cute. This may be their only prom.

• ashley February 28, 2011 at 19:17 #

i totally totally agree. let’s not pick on them. they are young and cute.

20. Gigi February 28, 2011 at 19:07 #

What could an 18yo female possible see in a 16yo male? Total fabrication and/or will be over before we know it.

21. Meenakshi February 28, 2011 at 19:28 #

IS HE WEARING LIPSTICK???? i mean come on..she looks nice enough..just wondering if they realise they are teens!! could have opted for something more fun..

22. NinaDK February 28, 2011 at 19:30 #

I think she looks stunning and very age appropriate.. And I also doubt it’s a publicity stunt as having a GF is not exactly profitable for Justin and they have been hanging out for a looong time..

23. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 19:37 #

URGH.
    Way to ruinthe night guys. His collar is the first thing I was concerned with to be totally honest, but it is jsut horrible. The whoel thing. She looks like she is an actual star and has brougth along her yougner brother, as people do, and so is introducin ghim to the camera if you catch my drift (like how hailee steinfeld came with her family, as did Jeff bridges to introduced them to the camera, although it pains me to aliken them to this hideous couple). I really dislike her dress, It is so boring an classic selena, boring, off the rack looking, it could be anyone a kind of dress. His suit, if one can call it that is much worse though. So is his makeup and hair.
    I love these posts FC, they remind me of your old ones, where you would, please don’t be insulted, it is for lack of a better word, complain about certain people, and rightly so, not that I don’t love the way your blog has progressed.
    Any guesses as to how high his insole were for him to be taller than her?

24. Moxie February 28, 2011 at 20:01 #

She looks great on her own, but when combined with Bieber’s shiny suit and matching pocket square it is just too much.

25. Sydne February 28, 2011 at 20:13 #

A Leiber and a Bieber, thanks for making me lol at work FC :)

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 20:34 #

My pleasure ;)

26. justme February 28, 2011 at 20:17 #

I don’t get what a 18 y-o girl can see in him. He looks 16 going on 12, I don’t even…
    I like her dress, it’s a shame she went so matchy-matchy with the lipstick and the clutch though.
    As for Justin, his stylist needs to guess again.

27. ullis February 28, 2011 at 20:25 #

Selena looks wonderful in red!

28. natalie February 28, 2011 at 20:40 #

Selena would have looked 100 x better without that Bieber kid… I mean, the dress is not bad, but the hole package… ouch.

29. Giuseppi Giraffe February 28, 2011 at 20:48 #

Well, the red dress is pretty… look at his smile. Both of them, actually. They both look tense.

30. cindykay February 28, 2011 at 22:13 #

The matchy lipstick and hankie don’t make me sick, but all the eye-rolling and cattiness does. Sheesh.

• oliviaT March 1, 2011 at 10:58 #

totally agree

31. Tahj February 28, 2011 at 22:30 #

Red dress was pretty but just another fake hook arranged by their people. lol.

32. Tania February 28, 2011 at 23:12 #

She looks good in her dress the colour really suits her, His collar is bothering me, why is it so big? Is that the design?

33. KateS March 1, 2011 at 00:19 #

I don’t think they’re necessarily more fake or processed than many other celebrities, but somehow there’s something particularly obnoxious about them taking/being made part of the phony machine while they’re so young.

34. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:25 #

I am giving them a break. They are still teenagers and are still trying to find themselves. This is their idea of sophistication and class.
    It does look a little prom-y, but they haven’t had enough life experience (even though they’re celebrities) to know that this was a miss.
    I thought that they were cute.
    If anyone should be blamed, it should be their handlers, stylists, managers, PR, parents…

35. Sue Jin March 1, 2011 at 03:15 #

I don’t care about their relationship but they look happy.
    Her dress is really pretty and she looks pretty. I’m not used his new haircut. he looks different!

36. Elizabeth March 1, 2011 at 03:33 #

Wow…I have no beef with either of them, but Bieber looks like a complete tool in this picture

37. Vidhya March 1, 2011 at 03:37 #

Hmmm.. selena has a very mature gown to work with in the first place.. and she just aged herself more with a matching lipstick and clutch. The aging process gets worse with a 16 year old as her date who look juvenile with a red pocket, boots, and a hand stuck in his pocket.. he is like Yo man .. while she is trying to be elegant and cute.. no way it was gonna work..
    Secondly.. clinging to ur date on the red carpet mostly looks desperate and funny.. they were stuck like conjoined twins in most of the photos.. which is wat makes it not cute and a PR stunt.

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2011 at 11:08 #

I agree. There is only 1 pic of her by herself

38. Saara March 1, 2011 at 06:39 #

LMAO at your working overtime comment :) I have no insight on them being fake or not, so about the clothes: I think Selena looks beautiful. His collar is weird and the red hankie is… well… funny.

39. roxana March 1, 2011 at 07:25 #

Adorable!

40. S March 1, 2011 at 09:09 #

I think lots of people would have liked this look if she hadn’t had Bieber in hand. I think the Bieber-hate (quite well deserved imo) is spilling over to the clothes as well. I think she would have looked great if she was standing alone. And I think we should give them a break, they’re only teens.

41. Femme March 1, 2011 at 12:59 #

Thank you FC for this post! I truly laughed my ‘ bum’ off ahah, the red pocket square is indeed just embarrassing ahah!

42. Shaina March 2, 2011 at 03:59 #

“Justin’s red pocket square to match her dress is just embarrassing.”
    That made me laugh so hard!

43. Ev March 2, 2011 at 06:12 #

I couldn’t care less about whatever they’re doing together, but where were the stylists team on this one? Matching pocket square? Loose collar, like he ripped off his shirt of his father and borrowed his grandpa vest? C’mon.
    As for Selena, her dress is so one of the million similar dresses out there, and so ordinary.

44. Eva March 4, 2011 at 06:37 #

Not a fan of both of them; but they look good individually; together it screams tacky and eye roll worthy

45. gossip_bangkok March 5, 2011 at 03:57 #

I like Selena’s dress. Bieber looked nice.. I wish he wouldn’t wear the red pocket. too matchy for me.