28.02.11

Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé – 2011 Oscars

Worst Hair Award
Reese Witherspoon was one of the presenters on the night of the 2011 Oscars.

The actress wore a classic black Armani Privé dress.

Her strapless dress has a white silk band at the neckline and a subtle train.

I loved everything about the look including the emerald earrings, but I didn’t like her hair.

I’ve never been fond of those very obviously weaved on ponytails. From the side it totally put me off this look.

Credit: Getty

Penelope Cruz In L'Wren Scott - 2011 Oscars

Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Oscars

Hilary Swank In Gucci Premiere - 2011 Oscars

Hilary Swank In Gucci Premiere – 2011 Oscars

35 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé – 2011 Oscars

1. robbie February 28, 2011 at 04:17 #

the hair is tragic but the rest of the look isnt good either.

2. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 04:19 #

Such a boring dress. Snoozefest of the evening. I like the Bardot hair though.

3. Raquel February 28, 2011 at 04:20 #

I liked it, she looks fab. The hair… you know, I think it fits Reese.

4. mm February 28, 2011 at 04:21 #

Elle Woods

5. jen February 28, 2011 at 04:21 #

i loved her hair, cuz its smth different from lose or slightly wavy hair she sports constantly & the dress is nice, classy, the fit is great. but is it an oscar dress? i dont think so, pretty boring.

6. Vidhya February 28, 2011 at 04:21 #

Waitress gown.. seen it millions of times.. X(

7. Elisa February 28, 2011 at 04:21 #

Julia Roberts did it better.

• mol February 28, 2011 at 05:35 #

Yep..

• Tahj February 28, 2011 at 08:14 #

Exactly. And Julia Roberts wore the right hair for her black and white gown too. Julia Roberts gown has to be one of the most memorable dresses ever up there with Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn’s!

• noo February 28, 2011 at 12:59 #

exactly my thought when i saw it, reese copied one of the most memorable oscar gowns and she sucked at it :D and the hair was such a disaster, it made her chin look huge and her smile was horrifying. total mess.

8. Laura February 28, 2011 at 04:21 #

LOVE the dress. Saucy and beautiful. But the hair is really putting me off. I can’t say I like the look from the neck down because that wouldn’t include those gorgeous earrings. So, I guess I’ll just have to say I love this look minus the hair.

9. Ella February 28, 2011 at 04:22 #

I actually love everything about this look–including the hair. Just exudes classic elegance.

10. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 04:23 #

Am I the only one who finds this Anglina Jolie snoozeville? Meh? Boring? This is so low for Reese Witherspoon. I’ve never seen her look so dull and frumpy.

11. Dirk February 28, 2011 at 04:29 #

worst? lol. I loved the hairdo! i thought she looked great when i saw her walk the carpet. At least it was something different for her.

12. Amber February 28, 2011 at 04:34 #

I love her hair and the dress! This is how you do retro chic!

13. Rachel February 28, 2011 at 04:36 #

I like the look! It’s not amazing but it’s classy and she looks beautifull!

14. Ggail February 28, 2011 at 04:37 #

I concur FC, the moment I saw Reese step out of her car, I hought her looked atrocious. Her hair singlehandedly killed her look for me.

15. LizLemoooon February 28, 2011 at 04:42 #

I actually liked her hair I thought it looked very 60s but the close up of it is kind of questionable to be honest…

16. Angela February 28, 2011 at 04:50 #

This wasn’t Reese’s best red carpet moment, but I liked her hair in combination w/ her dress. :) She was very elegant and fresh.

17. june February 28, 2011 at 04:52 #

i don’t know what the hair looks like side on, but i LOVE the 60s look she’s gotten with the hair. it’s so fun and playful, and often reese doesn’t look like either on the red carpet. it’s totally adorable, even if the dress is boring.

18. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 05:15 #

The dress is classy but not Oscars material. The overdone hairstyle does not go with the simplicity of the dress. It is too Southern Belle for my taste. The earrings, however, are magnificent!

19. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:31 #

is her hair real here? or is she wearing a piece? she said that everyone thought she was wearing a piece in legally blonde, but it was actually her real hair

first of all, this dress looks too old for her. it just ages her. it bored me. her hair is interesting, but kind of outlandish at the same time.

the accessories didn’t work with this dress.

this is the most disappointed i’ve been with her choices in a long time. usually she gets it right.

CC

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 05:35 #

it’s a piece for sure

20. Leti February 28, 2011 at 05:32 #

Hmmm, I guess this was a love it or hate it look. Personally, I loved the 60′s vibe of the hair and makeup. I also liked the earrings. I think she was having fun with it, and it was a nice change of pace from what she normally gives up. The only thing I wasn’t in love with was the dress, which was a little blah without the slightly over the top hair. All that said, I can’t deny that, as was noted by a previous poster, Julia Roberts did it better.

21. Andreea February 28, 2011 at 07:57 #

The dress is nice,but it doesn’t work for her.

22. elena February 28, 2011 at 08:08 #

I really like the dress and the hair!!!

23. Tahj February 28, 2011 at 08:13 #

I love the dress. My favorite of the night. But I just love black and white combinations. It’s just so classic. That’s why Julia Roberts’ dress is always remembered. But I agree with you about the hair. Too 60s Barbarella. I like vintage hairdos on the red carpet, but only if they are 40s Veronica Lake waves, not this big 60s hair. The dress though is STUNNING.

24. Emi February 28, 2011 at 09:16 #

Make up and earrings are the only things I like of her look. The hair is not that tragic, at least she made a change… and she look good with this retro hairstyle. The dress… what can I say? I hardly believe it’s Armani, so boring, so deja vu, not even up to the event, I think. This is maybe her worst look of the last years.

25. a February 28, 2011 at 10:31 #

i love the 60s vibe..

26. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:14 #

The dress is nice but the hair is too big for my liking. We asked for her to change her hair once in a while and we got it

27. Anissa February 28, 2011 at 14:42 #

While I don’t love her hair I think Scarlett’s was much worse by comparison. Reese wasn’t on top of her A game but she doesn’t deserve worst hair…

28. MissKG February 28, 2011 at 16:16 #

Reese was very Hollywood High, 1964. I loved it! Scarlett on the other hand looked like she just forgot to have her hair done.

29. Winnie March 1, 2011 at 00:59 #

She looked fab! I would love to look like that. It is classic, elegant and simple. She doesn’t need to go over the top to see her beauty.

30. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 02:00 #

I think that it’s a very modern vintage look. I even like the earrings.
    The hair is not too bad. But, yeah, it’s very Brady Bunch.

31. Sophia March 5, 2011 at 07:06 #

I think she looks like the original barbie.
    That’s not a bad thing either.
    She looks flawless in this dress and the hair makes puts the cherry on the top. At lease she didn’t shoot too far and wear a train wreck of a dress like so many others did. Reece is awesome (: