Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Oscars

Best Dressed Couple Award
I refused to believe that Penelope Cruz just had a baby.

The Spanish actress looked breath-taking in red at the 2011 Oscars tonight.

Her fiery L’Wren Scott Spring 2011 gown was decorated with sequins, but she still added more sparkle with Chopard jewels.

Penelope comes second to Nicole Kidman when it comes to loving L’Wren Scott work.

I hope she’s not in any hurry to lose her baby weight, because I think she looks perfect the way she is.

It’s so great to see her back on the red carpet again.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mandy Moore In Monique Lhuillier - 2011 Oscars

Mandy Moore In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 Oscars

Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé - 2011 Oscars

Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé – 2011 Oscars

26 Responses to Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Oscars

1. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 04:01 #

Her boobs are smushed in that dress, you can see it better from other angles. I don’t like this, it’s a little too tacky for the Oscars.

2. Giuseppi Giraffe February 28, 2011 at 04:05 #

This picture looks so much better than some of the others I’ve seen- I didn’t like her look until I saw this. I’m glad you posted it-

FC, have you seen Aishwarya Rai and do you know who made that dress?

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 04:16 #

Armani…waiting for a full length pic

3. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 04:05 #

BDOTW worthy. I agree- actresses are SO skinny pregnancy makes them curvy. She looks wonderful curvy in this Wren gown, with her arm candy a la Javier B. J’Adore.

4. robbie February 28, 2011 at 04:06 #

gorgeous only fault is the length just wish it was took up an inch or 2.

• PamG February 28, 2011 at 20:34 #

Agreed!

5. Amber February 28, 2011 at 04:10 #

I applaud her for wearing such a figure-conscious gown so soon after having a baby, but she should have gone up one size so that it fit well. I’m sure her chest would heave a sigh of relief as well!

6. Laura February 28, 2011 at 04:12 #

I’d picked this for Nicole Kidman, but I’m happy Penelope wore this. The color works so well on her skin, and I love the curvaciousness of this look. Penelope totally rocks this look. One of my faves of the night.

7. may-u February 28, 2011 at 04:13 #

I have never had a baby, but I have never had a body like this!!
    For me, this is the best look from 2011 Oscars.And I also like Jennifer Lawrence.’s dress.

8. Raquel February 28, 2011 at 04:18 #

Yeah, she should have a size up, but for someone who just had a baby, she looks fantastic. I don’t like the dress that much or the hair, but she looks that happy.

9. mm February 28, 2011 at 04:20 #

Hair and make up gorgeous. I feel like she wasnt planning on coming to the awards show, the dress seems so basic

10. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:32 #

i know she just gave birth, but i don’t like it when cleavage looks more like a butt crack than anything else. i wld have liked to see her cover more up when just coming out of pregnancy weight gain.

CC

11. Danielle February 28, 2011 at 06:10 #

I think she looks gorgeous. Isn’t it interesting how all of Tom Cruise’s exes look better after they break up with him?

12. Andreea February 28, 2011 at 07:58 #

I’m not really impressed of this look,but i think it’s ok.She looks great even if she’s preagnant.

13. Rebeca February 28, 2011 at 09:02 #

I don’t like it at all. She can do so much better than this.

• elena February 28, 2011 at 14:19 #

Agree!!!!

14. Emi February 28, 2011 at 09:23 #

She looks good but the dress fits her bad, it’s too tight, look at the belly… I think she wanted to prove that even if she had a baby she looks hot; considering her past looks on red carpets she could wear something more loose. FC, I saw a tv show where they told what women (and men, too) do to look good for the Oscars, they’re ready for anything, quite creepy.

15. Kimma February 28, 2011 at 11:00 #

Love that her hair and makeup was kept so natural against the dazzle of the dress. She’s one of my favourites.

16. SarahV February 28, 2011 at 11:50 #

What a phenomenal body she has, especially for a new mom…

17. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:15 #

She has such a banging body that I couldnt believe she just had a baby. I love her dress but I love her body more and hope she keeps this weight for a while. Also I love her hair and make-up

18. Cristina February 28, 2011 at 13:25 #

Penelope is so much better than this. This dress is more appropriate for the evening gown segment of the Miss America pageant. And its way too small on her. Should’ve called Donatella.

19. hsua February 28, 2011 at 14:47 #

Not a good choice for Penelope, I would have liked it to be more stuffy and conservative, maybe Mandy Moore’s dress would have been great

20. Matt February 28, 2011 at 16:59 #

I was SO happy to see this dress on the red carpet. I had kinda wished Mila Kunis would have worn this, simply because the darker color kinda fits her darker mood, but Penelope totally did it justice. : )

21. Kristen February 28, 2011 at 17:15 #

Given that she was essentially a plus one at this event (didn’t present, wasn’t nominated), I think the more understated silhouette and simple hair was just right. And the color on her is divine. It is a little small in the bust, but I’ve never really seen an L’Wren Scott dress that does fit correctly through the chest. They are always too small!

22. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 02:04 #

I am from TX, and this just looks like a Texas pageant dress. Not good.
    Now, her breasts may have grown when she put this dress on if she’s breast feeding. The breast may have been full. I breast feed my kids for a year, and they get full in a matter of 2-4 hours depending on how often the baby feeds. It’s not something that you can control.
    So, I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

23. MARTA LINARES March 1, 2011 at 18:32 #

I thnk she looks fantastic if someone have something to say about her body after having a baby a month ago they are just sorry their own body have never look that way! Penelope is a beautiful girl alltogether and I applaud her for appering on the Oscar’s with a dress that shows her actual figure, and I hope she is proud of her looks. Go Penelope!