28.02.11

Oprah Winfrey In Zac Posen – 2011 Oscars

Wow. Just Wow Award
Oprah Winfrey dazzled on stage at the 2011 Oscars tonight in LA.

The media mogul was at the ceremony to present ‘Best Documentary.’

She graced the stage looking absolutely divine wearing a custom Zac Posen charcoal grey gown.

What I love about this gown are ombre sequins.

Oprah doesn’t do glamour very often, but when she does, she does it very well.

I would’ve loved to have seen this on the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture - 2011 Oscars

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture – 2011 Oscars

The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars

The Looks Anne Hathaway Wore Whilst Presenting The 2011 Oscars

26 Responses to Oprah Winfrey In Zac Posen – 2011 Oscars

1. robbie February 28, 2011 at 05:06 #

damn she looks amazing.

2. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 05:08 #

I like this from the waist down but that is all. The cut of the bodice and the blocky blackness makes her look even heavier and larger than she is. Maybe a sleeker hairstyle would have helped relieve the top heavy effect as well.

• Clover February 28, 2011 at 22:55 #

I agree re the bodice making her look larger. When she came out on stage we all said “That is a mighty bosom!”

3. Ggail February 28, 2011 at 05:13 #

Oprah does look great.

4. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 05:14 #

The off-the shoulder top is too old-lady. Many dresses for women over 50 have that top part and that is annoying. Her Oscar le la Renta gown even had that.

5. Dirk February 28, 2011 at 05:17 #

She looks great, but she always seems to wear dresses with the same kind of cut/style.

6. Laura February 28, 2011 at 05:17 #

Better from the waist down. But still gorgeous. Oprah knows how to dress to look like the legend she is as of late.

7. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:28 #

oprah always seems to wear the same style dress now. one that covers her arms and looks just like this. it’s like a uniform for her now, which is kind of boring

i felt bad for her bc i read her book and she talked about dreading walking up to accept an award for daytime emmy bc of her weight in her tight skirt, so i can’t imagine what she feels like now.

i feel really bad that she seemed to have finally lost all that weight and then fell with a condition that has left her unable to do so (her thyroid issue she’s talked about)

CC

8. andy February 28, 2011 at 05:38 #

I’m SO glad you featured her! She looked absolutely AMAZING and the sequins looked phenomenal on screen!! I must say what I love the most is the fact that i am so surprised by how great she looks haha

9. Ariel February 28, 2011 at 05:51 #

Love how the dress sparkles! Those earrings are stunning!

10. Danielle February 28, 2011 at 06:07 #

I thought that she looked amazing but I do think that the top appeared really heavy and reinforced, but the silhouette was very flattering

11. Lalitha February 28, 2011 at 08:13 #

She looks lovely!

12. Elisa February 28, 2011 at 10:53 #

She’s not young, she’s not thin, yet she still managed to dress better than 90% of the attendees. Love how the darker sequins are strategically placed to enhance her figure. Well done.

• Sean Niles April 11, 2011 at 01:25 #

Thank you Elisa. She knows about her weight. Everyone knows about her weight. Let’s stop talking about it and appreciate the beauty that she is. I AGREE that she did looked better than the rest. She brought back old Hollywood glamour with a giant park that is missing.

13. Kimma February 28, 2011 at 11:36 #

I do like it, but its the same neckline she does every formal occassion.

You haven’t featured my personal best dressed – Camila Alves. I know she was there as a plus one but she did so much better than most of the nominees.

14. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:26 #

She looks great. I love this look on her and I must say, Oprah can really knock it out of the park

15. Elaine February 28, 2011 at 14:52 #

How do people see her as looking lovely? With all the choices she must have had why this dress? Her top looks encased in a box–not flattering at all. The bottom is pretty

16. Lydia Wright February 28, 2011 at 15:13 #

Oprah is suffering from the Aretha Franklin syndrome…her breast are TOO bring to wear an off the shoulder dress with plunging neckline. It just does not look good on her…or Arethat. Someone has obviously told Oprah that she has pretty shoulders, but could not make a flattering dress for her. That’s what happens when you are rich and your people lie to you!

• Sean Niles April 11, 2011 at 01:27 #

Stop looking at her as just her weight and look at the woman. She looked amazing and glamourous!!

17. Char Logan February 28, 2011 at 17:35 #

Oprah looked fabulous and wears the same off the shoulder type dress when she is dressing up. I too understand that. When you don’t feel comfortable with your arms out and you want to show a little skin there is not much left but the bust and shoulders. DUH !! give her a break! She has beautiful skin and shoulders. However I think something less constucted would have been better her bust looked tooooo big.,,,,

18. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 18:54 #

Thi sphoto is obviously so unflattering to this grogeous look, and considering how good she looks in the photo I cant agree more, I wish this had been against a red carpet.

19. leslie February 28, 2011 at 20:28 #

oprah’s thyroid condition? uh huh -this is just too much overeating and tired of working out -giving up-
    which is her choice of course- but lets call it what it is

20. Bea March 1, 2011 at 01:50 #

Oprah looks beautiful!

She represents herself very well . . .

It would be great if we all represented ourselves with such beauty, grace, and generosity.

There must be a special place in heaven for those like Oprah who spend their lives lifting so many others up!

21. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:52 #

I love the dress and the fit on her. I know that it can’t be easy to fit her ample bust.

22. Sharon March 1, 2011 at 17:39 #

This is one gorgeous dress, but the corset-type top look so uncomfortable. I wish Oprah would get together with Queen Latifah’s stylist to see what they could come up with.

23. Deedee March 2, 2011 at 01:05 #

this dress would have been amazing on someone else. Oprah needs a better stylist for her matronly shape and this was definitely not a good choice. When I first saw her coming out to the front all I saw was her breast looking like two twenty pound melons! No to the style, no to the designer for her!