28.02.11

Natalie Portman In Rodarte – 2011 Oscars

Most Consistent Award
Natalie Portman arrived very late on the red carpet tonight at the 2011 Oscars.

She was the last ones to arrive, no doubt to avoid any Dior/Galliano related questions.

The radiant mother-to-be wore a custom Rodarte gown.

Her purple off-the-shoulder gown is lightly embellished on the bodice which matches her dazzling fringed earrings.

The matchy matchy-ness of her look continues to her Jimmy Choo ‘Macy’ satin sandals.

We had high hopes for Natalie this awards season given the extra pressures of dressing her baby bump.

She surpassed my expectations, how about yours?

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Hudson In Atelier Versace - 2011 Oscars

Jennifer Hudson In Atelier Versace – 2011 Oscars

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior - 2011 Oscars

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior – 2011 Oscars

41 Responses to Natalie Portman In Rodarte – 2011 Oscars

1. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 01:41 #

She looks stunning. I’m loving this color on her.

2. Laura February 28, 2011 at 01:45 #

She hasn’t surpassed my expectations, with the exception of this look. The Viktor + Rolf dress was just not right to me. The Azzaro was nice but not jaw-dropping. But this is beautiful. The color is great and she looks radiant. The only thing I’d think about changing is the shoes but even that doesn’t bug me too much.

3. The Dame February 28, 2011 at 01:45 #

love love love love love! My favourite colour! Just gorgeous!

4. WendyB February 28, 2011 at 01:49 #

Beautiful color on her.

5. molly February 28, 2011 at 01:49 #

I havent been impressed at all this awards season, but tonight she looks her best. Im not adoring this, but she does look lovely. I dont like the earrings or the hair, but the dress is stunning, especially the color. This style must be a trend with the shorter/open front for the pregnant ladies as this dress is VERY similar to what Catherine Zeta Jones wore to the Oscars back in 2003 when she was pregnant.

6. VB Lover February 28, 2011 at 01:50 #

I was die-ing to see what Natalie would wear and she looks gorgeous! The cut of the dress makes her appear she isn’t even preggers!

Well done! LOVE IT!

7. jen February 28, 2011 at 01:52 #

she s been wearing same gown for a while now just in diff colours & by diff designers. boring.

• Georgia February 28, 2011 at 02:06 #

Agreed-very boring, rather like her.

8. PamG February 28, 2011 at 01:54 #

How appropriate that she is wearing a Rodarte dress, as they did the costumes for the movie she’s nomiated for. She looks beautiful and has done a wonderful job dressing her bump this awards season.

9. Ariel February 28, 2011 at 02:01 #

It brings back memories of Jessica Alba’s Marchesa gown that she wore to the Oscars, she was also pregnant. But Natalie looks equally beautiful! Love the color on her!

10. Vidhya February 28, 2011 at 02:02 #

beautiful….. but no diamonds???? purple tassels?

11. Raquel February 28, 2011 at 02:08 #

Stunning, simply stunning. The color is so right for her and she is glowing. Even though is a bit too matchy matchy, I love it.

12. Ashley February 28, 2011 at 02:18 #

Like the dress, don’t like Natalie Portman. Overrated!

13. Marlyn February 28, 2011 at 02:22 #

She is glowing! She looks so radiant. Love the colour and dress on her.

14. lalala February 28, 2011 at 02:22 #

look at her toes. LOL
    she looks beautiful though

15. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 02:33 #

The detailing on the bodice is beautiful and serves its purpose, which is to draw the eye up. The colour is gorgeous. She is glowing and looks much prettier now she has regained weight after her role in “Black Swan”.

16. aiyu February 28, 2011 at 02:49 #

She saved the best for last!

17. KateS February 28, 2011 at 02:53 #

She looks very pretty and that dress draws the eye to all the right places, but I hate the matchy accessories.

18. Shaina February 28, 2011 at 02:56 #

Beautiful. Even with the matchy matchy accessories, this look is flawless.

• Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:08 #

I agree. She could not be any more perfect even if she tried.

19. mochababe73 February 28, 2011 at 03:07 #

It’s okay. I just find the purple dress, purple shoes, purple eyeshadow, and purple earrings are a little too matchy-matchy for me.

• Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 03:23 #

Silver kitten (Michelle Obama) heels would have been good for her. I am fine with the purple earrings and dress. She looks DIVINE. This definitely surpassed my expectations.

20. Ella February 28, 2011 at 03:18 #

I love the matchyness of the look! Simply breathtaking! I think prospective motherhood makes her look even better!

21. Paulo February 28, 2011 at 04:55 #

Despite it being a Rodarte dress, there’s something about it that is a bit too matronly on Natalie.

22. Caitlin February 28, 2011 at 05:22 #

I like this, but I’m not blown away by it. I was so floored by her Golden Globes look, I feel that she hasn’t out done herself yet.

23. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:39 #

boring dress for me. looks like she didn’t care enough about it.

could have gone for a daring, interesting look to accentuate her belly but didn’t go for a fashion challenge.

kind of like she just called it in on this one.

CC

24. Leti February 28, 2011 at 06:09 #

I think she looks lovely, and I really liked the earrings and the hair. This definitely wasn’t earth shattering, but it was certainly her best look of the season.

25. karen February 28, 2011 at 06:17 #

It was just okay for me. i didn’t like her hair or makeup on tv when she accepted her award. I’ve seen her look ten times better before. She’s a beautiful girl and her makeup and hair didn’t do her justice tonight. Too bad because it is captured forever.

26. Tory February 28, 2011 at 06:53 #

Boring and overrated, suites her perfectly!

27. Lee Ann February 28, 2011 at 07:13 #

The fact that she was late was more due to her condition than Galiano.

28. Andreea February 28, 2011 at 08:08 #

She looked absolutely amazing.I preffered another pair of shoes although.Something silver perhaps.Congratulations,Natalie for the Oscar and for the look ! ;)

29. Emi February 28, 2011 at 08:49 #

I usually hate matchy matchy looks, but she’s gorgeous, the dress is beautiful, fits her so well, the shoes are beautiful too and I like her earrings… perfect look. I think it’s a bit understated respect to others looks of the night, but I appreciate it, she’s never OTT, and I’m glad that she won, she deserved it.

30. nicky February 28, 2011 at 08:58 #

i’m not wowed…this doesn’t seem like a rodarte design. its safe and done before. the colour is gorgeous but it reminds me too much of the plum coloured dress jessica alba wore to the oscars when she was pregnant too. i do think this is one of natalie’s better looks.

• msd February 28, 2011 at 14:13 #

Agree. The colour is great and it’s a flattering cut but it doesn’t look like Rodarte. Getting Rodarte to make you a dress and then having it look so, well, anonymous, as though any one of half a dozen designers made it, is disappointing.

• marian February 28, 2011 at 16:07 #

completely agree. where is the rodarte quirkiness?

(side note: i have to say, as beautiful as she looked, i find the hair too messy…)

31. Danika February 28, 2011 at 11:40 #

I love it. Natalie always gives us colour, and I’m loving this deep purple on her. Diamond studs might have been better, but she always makes a look her own, and I like her use of quirky accessories like these tasselled earrings, her pom-pom heels and her book clutch. I think Rodarte was the perfect choice, and the draping on this dress is divine! She’s definitely done an amazing job this season.

32. meimei February 28, 2011 at 12:07 #

I love this on her. However, I wish she has wowed me…I mean it’s the Oscars!!!

33. emily February 28, 2011 at 18:04 #

Lovely lady

34. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 19:58 #

Firstly, waht happened with Galliano, in regards to her, is very unfortunate. I wish she had relished previous opportunities to wear dior, as she obviously had never wanted to for the oscars. By this I mean i am doubtful she had planned to wear dior as a dress liek this, considering she is pregnant woudl have had to have been predetermined and built. I really love this dress from teh hem up, the shoes and mostly the toes ruin it for me. I wish it had been a little longer and I woudl have loved it. She in a way surpassed my expectations, but I would have prefered more.

35. Amethyst March 1, 2011 at 02:25 #

I love the gown overall color, design and just right for her body plus her dazzling smiles.
    Congrats Natalie!

36. Sharon March 1, 2011 at 18:08 #

Just read an interview that she gave about her dress choice. She had planned to wear Dior, but af the last minute, due to the Galliano mess, she switched to this Rodarte dress. She looked lovely, but it would be interesting to know what Dior dress she had chosen.