Mandy Moore In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 Oscars

I Know You Love It, But I Don’t Award
Many of you have already stated how much you loved Mandy Moore’s look at the 2011 Oscars tonight.

Please don’t hate me, but I don’t.

The issue I have with this Monique Lhuillier Spring 2011 gown is that it’s so Mandy.

We all would’ve picked this nude sequin off-the-shoulder gown for her.

She never has an ace up her sleeve. It’s always the same type of gown.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Scarlett Johansson In Dolce & Gabbana - 2011 Oscars

Scarlett Johansson In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Oscars

Penelope Cruz In L'Wren Scott - 2011 Oscars

Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Oscars

36 Responses to Mandy Moore In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 Oscars

1. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 03:36 #

The mesh works so well on her. I just love it. Stunning. I wouldn’t have picked this gown for Mandy at all. I loved the blue gown she performed in as well.

• Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 04:26 #

can you post that gown FC? Another chance to redeem herself in your eyes?

2. robbie February 28, 2011 at 03:37 #

its just so limp and lifeless kinda like gwyneth paltrows hair. such a bad look very prom queen.

3. Redseouls February 28, 2011 at 03:38 #

Are are not alone. What I hated most had nothing to do with the dress; her eyebrows and hair (both style and color) looked so severe with the lightness of the dress.

• noo February 28, 2011 at 13:01 #

Both you and our dear FC are not alone, her lipstick was enought to put me off, the tulle was just sad :D

4. Redseouls February 28, 2011 at 03:39 #

Sorry – meant to type, “You are not alone.”

5. mm February 28, 2011 at 03:40 #

LOL @ this award! She looks gorgeous

6. Jen February 28, 2011 at 03:41 #

well, it’s worlds better than Halle Berry’s nude sparkly number.

7. Rhoda Sternberg February 28, 2011 at 03:41 #

I don’t care if it’s predictable. She looks amazing.

8. Raquel February 28, 2011 at 03:42 #

“She never has an ace up her sleeve. It’s always the same type of gown.” – I wouldn’t say the same type of dress, but the maybe the same overall style.

I just dislike the dress, because it’s so similar to so many other dresses out there.

9. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 03:43 #

The essence of FC';s argument is that she wants something NEW, FRESH from Mandy and I couldn’t agree more. Yes, Mrs. Moore does look lovely in her Mandy Mooreness, and that is fine, but in the fashion world, you have to turn the tables on yourself now and then in order to gain approval.

10. Ella February 28, 2011 at 03:46 #

Her hair is too austere for the dress. I would have MUCH preferred it down.

11. KateS February 28, 2011 at 03:46 #

I agree, this is boring, and I’m not sure it does all that much for her, either. Next.

12. Laura February 28, 2011 at 03:50 #

I do like this look, but I do have an issue with the beading. It needed to be a bit more gradual in its dissipation. As it is now, it kinda looks like a silver sequined mini with some nude tulle tacked on the bottom.

13. aiyu February 28, 2011 at 03:59 #

I actually agree with you. Perhaps the gown look better in motion, ala the model.

14. Fanny February 28, 2011 at 04:03 #

I’m just having a problem with the middlepart, looks like the skin of a fish or something. The dress she had when she performed was very good though, much better to her hair/makeup!

15. LizLemoooon February 28, 2011 at 04:44 #

Boring. HATED IT. There was so much beige on the red carpet gross.

16. Kaylie February 28, 2011 at 04:57 #

I’m having deja vu from the Dior gown that Marion Cotillard wore to the Met Gala (at least I think it was the met gala).

17. pipsqueak February 28, 2011 at 04:59 #

Mandy is super boring. She’s one of those people whom, if you were asked to describe, the first word that comes to mind would be “nice” and no much to follow up on. This gown suits her. I don’t like it.

18. Luiza February 28, 2011 at 05:07 #

I think the dress is really beautiful. But I agree that it is predictable, she looks always sugary.

19. Caitlin February 28, 2011 at 05:18 #

I actually quite like this look. I think she looks so glamorous. Mandy usually looks like she’s going to the prom, but her she looks like she deserves to be at the Oscars. I also love that she has her hair pulled back into a sleek updo as she usually leaves her hair down.

20. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:33 #

this is the best i’ve seen her in a long time.

very pretty dress in pictures.

CC

21. Leti February 28, 2011 at 05:44 #

This is a beautiful dress, but I find the hair too severe severe. As much as I like a good up do, with this dress, it might have been nice to see some OId Hollywood waves, a la Veronica Lake or at least a softer updo.

22. karen February 28, 2011 at 05:59 #

I don’t like anything about this look. She’s young and yet the dress makes her look so old and the hair and makeup is just horrible.

23. Danielle February 28, 2011 at 06:11 #

I liked the blue gown she sang in better. I think that this looks to mature

24. Andreea February 28, 2011 at 08:00 #

She is always predictable,but at least she looked good.I love the dress and the hair too.

25. nicky February 28, 2011 at 08:49 #

i don’t really love the lip colour and personally feel that the dress looks better on a blonde…the dress also reminds me of the one anne hathaway wore to the met gala? anyhow, i still think she looks great. gorgeous dress…not boring. its a good look for her very first oscar show

26. Emi February 28, 2011 at 09:26 #

I like this dress, we all know she doesn’t like to take fashion risks. I agree a less severe hairstyle would have been better.

27. Mary February 28, 2011 at 10:15 #

I liked this look, even if it is too Mandy Moore for some. She played safe, but it is a really beautiful gown.

What kills me is her make up :( I don’t know if you can see it on a photo, but last night on television it looked like her eyebrows was linked with her eyeshadow and her lipgloss has spread to her cheekbones. A lot!!

28. SarahV February 28, 2011 at 11:52 #

I don’t love it either… the sequins are placed very strangely and the whole thing just looks…off.

29. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:16 #

I dont mind Mandy’s style but I just didnt like the top half of the gown. The sleeves ruined it for me and I would have preferred it to have been sleeveless. Mandy’s style isn’t the problem for me, its just those darn sleeves

30. The Bride March 1, 2011 at 02:05 #

Why is everyone wearing dresses that are the same colour as themselves? Gah!

31. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 02:06 #

I like it, but I think that it’s too flat. I looks as though it should have a crinoline slip under it to make it fuller.
    I think that I would have liked it better.

32. pascha March 1, 2011 at 02:57 #

Haha I don’t think anyone could ever hate you FC!

I don’t really agree with you on this one… but I certainly don’t hate you!. ;)

33. Sue Jin March 1, 2011 at 03:44 #

The blue gown she wore while performing was so gorgeous and it suited her better than this gown… even though this gown is gorgeous too… it just didn’t suit her.

34. Shaina March 2, 2011 at 04:16 #

That may be true, but man does this dress look beautiful on her!
    I am in love.