28.02.11

Lea Michele In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

I was quite impressed by Lea Michele at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California last night.

She seems to have considerably toned down her ‘try hard/over eagerness’ from the 2011 Grammys.

On this occasion she let her Roberto Cavalli dress do the talking.

The electric blue long sleeved 70s inspired sequined dress with an open back matched her blue nail polish.

I love the slicked back hair which doesn’t distract us from her dress.

She was one of my favourites from the Vanity Fair party.

Credit: Getty

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture - Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Florence Welch In Valentino Couture – Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party

Red Carpet Oscar Trend: Red Hot Gowns

Red Carpet Oscar Trend: Red Hot Gowns

31 Responses to Lea Michele In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 22:45 #

Despite other pictures with a try-hard pout, she does look like a mini Jennifer Lopez. I like her blue eyeshadow and nude lips.

2. molly February 28, 2011 at 22:49 #

I love everything about this. The dress doesnt overwhelm her tiny frame and her hair and makeup are perfect. She is so much more beautiful when she smiles than her annoying faces at the Grammys. I have a feeling that she read some of the comments that people had said about her. She looks great. Perfect for the Oscars.

• molly March 1, 2011 at 03:19 #

I take back what I said about the dress. The color is amazing on her, but your all right, the dress does make her body look very masculine. The more I look at this, the more i start to notice the flaws. At first glance it has a wow factor, but after that it has a “Meh” factor.

3. Ariel February 28, 2011 at 22:54 #

The dress makes her look quite muscular, maybe it’s just the picture. But I’m loving her makeup, hair, and earrings!

4. msjaneistrouble February 28, 2011 at 22:56 #

She has a body like a man.

5. Tangled February 28, 2011 at 23:04 #

Small body, gigantic sized head

6. NY February 28, 2011 at 23:13 #

I have to be honest the dress does not do anything for her figure! Very unflattering, would of looked a lot nicer on a curvier figure.

7. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 23:18 #

I really don’t liek it. I just wish she would look natural for once. I think the over eagerness is still there, just not as desperately wannabe diva, which is waht i prefer to call every other time i have seen her on the red carpet. It’s very figure skater to me, it makes her look incredibly bulky and awkward on top. I think that to pull off this collection you need to be either diva or totally chilled and natural. Lea is neither for me.

8. HM February 28, 2011 at 23:36 #

Just no….HELL NO! I’m sure Lea is a very nice person but this dress is screaming ‘look at me’ and what is worse is the fact that this look is literally ‘in your face’! She deffo has red-carpet mojo…the problem is her mojo is a bit haywired. Hopefully she’ll be able to find a balance…she should learn a thing or two from Leighton Meester.

9. Matt February 28, 2011 at 23:37 #

At least she’s not doing that stupid sexy face of hers

10. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 23:37 #

I like the look but only from the back. I love her make up and hair though

11. Gigi February 28, 2011 at 23:45 #

Dress is awful and looks awful on here. Makeup good tho.

12. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 23:57 #

I think it’s too much of a dress for her, she’s too petite for it…

13. KateS March 1, 2011 at 00:01 #

Close, but she needs to have a longer neck or a slightly lower neckline for this to work. As it is, it makes her look bulky around the neck and shoulders.
    Cool dress though. Loving seeing sleeves on the RC again after so many years of straplessness.

• Leti March 1, 2011 at 17:01 #

I agree. This neckline is so high on her it looks like she’s wearing it the wrong way around (a la Celine Dion’s backward tuxedo from a few years back).

14. Laura March 1, 2011 at 00:08 #

Love the color and the change of the direction. Would’ve been perfect without such a high necline or the long sleeves. One is fine but both of them together is a bit much. Glad she mixed it up and wore Cavalli. A nice change of pace.

15. Fraser March 1, 2011 at 00:21 #

Alas looks like she took an ice-skating outfit and turned it into a full-lentgh dress. Also explains the make-up

16. Sonia March 1, 2011 at 00:30 #

No I didn’t like it. It reminded me of the similar style of dress that Anne Hathaway wore on stage and its too covered and too restrictive.

17. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 00:39 #

I don’t like the dress whatsoever. It’s not flattering.
    Her hair and make-up are beautiful.

18. robbie March 1, 2011 at 01:11 #

the high neckline makes her look as if she has a huge head.

19. Danielle March 1, 2011 at 03:42 #

I don’t like this at all. It seems overwhelming to her

20. ayishaa March 1, 2011 at 08:15 #

This dress make her shoulders look broader than normal…Not sure I like it

21. vanpus March 1, 2011 at 12:09 #

urgh I don’t like her in this dress. The dress made her look short and too muscular.

22. let March 1, 2011 at 12:13 #

I thought the dress is Tom Ford…

23. eimear March 1, 2011 at 13:40 #

Wow I hate everything about this look, she looks like shes in a sequined wetsuit. The thickness of it makes her look so chunky, and the ponytail.. jesus I wouldnt wear my hair like that to the gym!!

• Rebecca March 1, 2011 at 15:10 #

I actually like her hair, but agree with you on everything else!

24. Sally March 1, 2011 at 15:17 #

It scares me a little that there is a mirror on the planet that could convince her to wear this. There is just way too much fabric; too much sleeves, neckline, length and too much sparkle! (And I never think there’s too much sparkle!) It looks like it’s embellished body armour.

25. Alina March 1, 2011 at 16:08 #

I don’t like it. It seems just a little too much .

26. marian March 1, 2011 at 17:19 #

i like the dress but don’t love. BUT I LOVE HER MAKEUP. favorite face of the night. unusual, but not overwhelming – makes her look beautiful.

27. peter March 1, 2011 at 17:51 #

Lea Michelle, keep loyal to Oscar de la renta, that’s your designer, here you look 15 years older

28. Shaina March 2, 2011 at 03:51 #

Beautiful dress, it’s just not flattering…at all.