28.02.11

Hilary Swank In Gucci Premiere – 2011 Oscars

Best Embellishments Award
Hilary Swank was also one the presenters at the 2011 Oscars tonight.

She’s knows a thing or two about looking spectacular on the red carpet, and she didn’t let me down by wearing a stunning Gucci Premiere gown.

Her silver sequin embellished strapless couture gown was decorated with ombre feathers on the skirt of her gown which perfected her Oscar worthy look.

I hope we get to see more Gucci Premiere on the red carpet. At the moment it’s too few and far between.

The actress wore her hair back and carried a Roger Vivier clutch.

Credit: Zuma Press

Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé - 2011 Oscars

Reese Witherspoon In Armani Privé – 2011 Oscars

Halle Berry In Marchesa - 2011 Oscars

Halle Berry In Marchesa – 2011 Oscars

23 Responses to Hilary Swank In Gucci Premiere – 2011 Oscars

1. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 04:27 #

Finally an Oscar worthy gown. Ladies- this is the type of gown you wear to the Oscars. It is dramatic, wouldn’t work pretty much anywhere else and leaves no excuses. I love it!

2. robbie February 28, 2011 at 04:30 #

INCREDIBLE!

3. Laura February 28, 2011 at 04:32 #

Glad she wore a neutral color or it would be too much for a non-nominee. She really carries this well. I like this so much more than her SAG dress. I liked that dress, but I love this. She carries it so well.

4. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 04:34 #

This is a truly spectacular gown. I do find her hairstyling a bit severe. I realise that lack of bling seems to be the trend at the moment, but maybe some more obvious earrings would have softened her jawline.

5. Jen February 28, 2011 at 04:37 #

She is one of my favorites of the night. I didn’t catch her on the red carpet, but she looked b-e-a-utiful on TV.

6. Jones19 February 28, 2011 at 04:45 #

I hate the dark ombre part, makes the bottom of the dress look dirty. I like the rest though.

7. mol February 28, 2011 at 04:48 #

Very commanding but not shouting gown and Hilary wore it beautifully.

8. Ashley February 28, 2011 at 04:49 #

I like it. But like Gwyneth I don’t think silver is a flattering color for her. Also on tv from the waist up, her face looked so bare, it was not flattering. I realize the dress brought alot to the table but even tiny earrings would have looked a little better for me.

9. Stephanie February 28, 2011 at 05:19 #

i like it, but when i cover up the bottom half and imagine something sleek, I like it even more.

10. Leti February 28, 2011 at 05:26 #

I thought this gown was stunning, and that she looked beautiful. It was nice to see her in something a little less severe and minimalist than she typically wears to these events. Also, I don’t mind that she didn’t wear any jewelry because was you can’t see in these pics is that she had some beautiful crystal or diamond embellishments(hairpins or broaches?) in her hair.

11. candice February 28, 2011 at 05:29 #

i dont like the sequins, but like the feathers on the bottom.

CC

12. Ariel February 28, 2011 at 05:55 #

She looks stunning in that gown! Love that she kept everything simple.

13. Tracey February 28, 2011 at 07:48 #

She definitely should have worn a pair of earrings! Her lobes are just not that sexy. A small pair of dangle diamonds – small and unobtrusive, but something!

14. Andreea February 28, 2011 at 07:55 #

One of the best dressed.

15. nicky February 28, 2011 at 08:47 #

i wish she wore some earrings the very least but nonetheless, i do have to agree that she looks beautiful. she does look really skinny and her collar bone is popping out…

16. Emi February 28, 2011 at 09:10 #

It doesn’t even look like a Gucci dress, but copied by other designers’s gown of past years, a mix between Marchesa and Versace. In Cannes we saw great Gucci Premiere gown, this is a (beautiful) deja vu, not interesting, for me.

17. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:29 #

Damn she looks good!

At first I wasnt crazy about it but looking at the full length pic she looks amazing

18. hsua February 28, 2011 at 14:44 #

i think that she look gorgeus but Donatella should be angry … LOL

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 14:45 #

LOL…I bet she is

19. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 19:02 #

One of my absolute favourties of the night. I think she looks so gorgoeus nad serene and elegant, but most of all soft. I always manage to see the hard edge to whatever she wears but I honestly cannot fault her.In a sea of emebllishment and beautiful gowns on the red carpet she really was one who stood out.

20. PamG February 28, 2011 at 20:28 #

I’m usually not a fan of feather embellishments, but she looks beautiful.

21. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:59 #

Another one of my favorites of the night. Hilary is another that usually bores me to tears, but she looked beautiful.
    However, I am thinking that she needed a cuff and a small pair of earrings.

22. Jen March 1, 2011 at 03:22 #

I like this a lot, though I wish she’d worn some small earrings.